Just another toothless D-Day as Pattaya authorities "crackdown" on taxis

webfact

Just another toothless D-Day as Pattaya authorities "crackdown" on taxis

37570498_2049508162034139_4437346269316251648_n.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

Pattaya News said that officials from City Hall, police and the military were in Beach Road Pattaya cracking down on the illegal activities of taxi drivers.

But what they termed as a "D-Day" following a crisis meeting over the taxi mafia the other week left many wondering what the "D" stood for.

Led by "thessakit" chief Pol Maj Jirawat Sukhonthasap the swoop was meant to stop the practice of taxi drivers ripping off tourists by not turning on their meters.

Though no one was reportedly charged for that offence.

Instead several tables were shifted off the streets. These the authorities said were used illegally to call Bangkok cabs for cheap journeys.

Pattaya News said that people who set up such tables in the sub-sois could face 10,000 baht fines for obstruction.

But they didn't say if anyone had actually faced such a sanction.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-23
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

Pattaya News said that officials from City Hall, police and the military were in Beach Road Pattaya cracking down on the illegal activities of taxi drivers.

Yeah, that'll last a day or two the most, try to get the taxi drivers to do the only legal thing they suppose to do and that turn the meter on, now that will be an achievement to tell your mama about...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Led by "thessakit" chief Pol Maj Jirawat Sukhonthasap the swoop was meant to stop the practice of taxi drivers ripping off tourists by not turning on their meters.

Though no one was reportedly charged for that offence.

Is this some sort of joke?   Where can I find Khun Jirawat Sukhonthasap so we can have a chat about taxis who never uses meter in Pattaya . NEVER.   

Find one who does use a meter and film it as evidence . Because they do not exist in Pattaya city. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Bit heavy handed just move on  one table no .? 

IMG_20180723_104643.jpg

A tourist should have been there pointing with a finger at the taxi sign .  I would have done it just to make them feel guilty of scamming us. 

Then I would point the finger at the police man . They would get my point. 

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

Absolutely, I won't reply either, well except for my previous post  and this one. ??

Your reply is so lame it doesn't warrant a reply.

P.S. Thanks for handing me the straight line!

?

How hard can it be?  Plain clothes cop gets in a taxi; gives destination; cabbie does not turn on meter; arrest and fine; rinse and repeat.

One would think the police have a vested interest in not carrying out this procedure?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

D > Dirty - Day not just pattaya everywhere u look dumped rubbish entire country 1 big rubbish tip , Thai people dont give a S- - t about their country use it and abuse it, it's their country up to them 

Edited by Mad mick
words missing

Why just Beach Road there's more to Pattaya than Beach Road, try Soi Bukhaow they would have a field day and get plenty of exercise lifting all the illegal stalls and taxi booths