New topic (about guns)

Henkjan2

OP appears to be talking about retribution rather than self defence/deterant. He is not being attacked, unless the thieves are aware of a gun, its not a deterant. You cant shoot someone for stealing, even if you catch them red handed.

He literally wants a gun so he can shoot someone if he catches them stealing, even police cannot shoot someone caught stealing.

Someone has been watching to much television.

Clint Eastwood says "go ahead punk, make my day" in response to someone about to pick up a gun, not in response to catching someone stealing some tools from the shed. Clint is a bit of a gun lover but knows when he can and cant shoot someone.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

Dumb approach. That's why it is so important to get a camera with a sim card. Because once they are gone, forget it. The beauty of the camera approach is the police arrive as the thieves are breaking in / loading their truck with your stuff. And you have footage of the whole thing. So of course this approach is just too good, too cheap, and too easy for most people. So they continue to think of inferior ideas that cost more, are clumsy, and not as effective.

Oh yes, having the police watching your cameras would help...

Think the OP needs a clearly visible night watchman that "sleeps" during the day...

Guns are a bad idea, if you front a bunch of lo-life that couldn't give a shit, you are stuffed, in fact they may even over power you and use it on you..

If you were to shoot someone I reckon your world will come tumbling down to daily fish head soup..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2018 at 10:00 PM, See Will said:

How long it takes to handle a gun properly (easy for you, load and shoot, what you hit isn't important but the sh*t you are in then.. 

and how long takes it to train a dog or better two.

I got myself 2 scar-faced street-dog Puppies, Bang Kaew Shepard mix I estimate.

They are a bit stubborn at the beginning, but when you make them a comfortable home, get a scooter with a side car (they will love it and you)

and train them every day 15 min just the basics or as I use to say: 

My doggies rules:

- A hand of a stranger will feed you? Get the whole hand and stay off the food.

- Does a stranger carry something from your turf, block the door and keep him on the ground (unfortunately Thai dogs don't mind the difference of someone carries something in or carries something out, like a Lazada Courier, a misunderstanding that kept the poor guy 6 hrs laying in the sun on the lawn)

- Mum yells for help just go ballistic and make no Prisoners at all, but if mum is laughing screaming and brother Ae throws her into the pond have fun and join the game. They can well separate from serious fear or fun.

- somebody approaches you with a raised stick and a bang (Firework will do) might be shocking but after a while they

switch to teamwork, move to be no target, show teeth, growl and let the brother come from behind, then go both ballistic.

Last most important:

If you go out with daddy or mum in the public, there is no enemy, no treat and all in the Pub or the house you visit are nice people. Stalking is fine as learned, attacking only on command.

But be aware if you command the dog ATTACK it can count as using a gun!!

If they do it on their own on your turf its counting as a guard dog and the thiefves are fair Game!

More work than buying a gun but sure keeps you out of any trouble.

The Policeman who came to rescue the DHL Courier was stunned as i told him to turn the phone on loud.

One word and the poor fellow was free..

Only problem, after one week he popped up with a quite nasty looking flea carpet from the street and asked me if I could train "his" new dog. I told him not every dog of the street has the potential.. 

Better get a puppy of the street, invest 1500 baht for cleaning and vaccination and it will turn over into a great thankful friend. Just watch a group of dogs, the Alpha Puppy are clear to point out after a few days watching. You spotted one feed him for a few days, let him get closer to the car and when he jumps in one day on his own, you drive both home.

On 8/7/2018 at 10:00 PM, See Will said:

How long it takes to handle a gun properly (easy for you, load and shoot, what you hit isn't important but the sh*t you are in then.. 

and how long takes it to train a dog or better two.

I got myself 2 scar-faced street-dog Puppies, Bang Kaew Shepard mix I estimate.

They are a bit stubborn at the beginning, but when you make them a comfortable home, get a scooter with a side car (they will love it and you)

and train them every day 15 min just the basics or as I use to say: 

My doggies rules:

- A hand of a stranger will feed you? Get the whole hand and stay off the food.

- Does a stranger carry something from your turf, block the door and keep him on the ground (unfortunately Thai dogs don't mind the difference of someone carries something in or carries something out, like a Lazada Courier, a misunderstanding that kept the poor guy 6 hrs laying in the sun on the lawn)

- Mum yells for help just go ballistic and make no Prisoners at all, but if mum is laughing screaming and brother Ae throws her into the pond have fun and join the game. They can well separate from serious fear or fun.

- somebody approaches you with a raised stick and a bang (Firework will do) might be shocking but after a while they

switch to teamwork, move to be no target, show teeth, growl and let the brother come from behind, then go both ballistic.

Last most important:

If you go out with daddy or mum in the public, there is no enemy, no treat and all in the Pub or the house you visit are nice people. Stalking is fine as learned, attacking only on command.

But be aware if you command the dog ATTACK it can count as using a gun!!

If they do it on their own on your turf its counting as a guard dog and the thiefves are fair Game!

More work than buying a gun but sure keeps you out of any trouble.

The Policeman who came to rescue the DHL Courier was stunned as i told him to turn the phone on loud.

One word and the poor fellow was free..

Only problem, after one week he popped up with a quite nasty looking flea carpet from the street and asked me if I could train "his" new dog. I told him not every dog of the street has the potential.. 

Better get a puppy of the street, invest 1500 baht for cleaning and vaccination and it will turn over into a great thankful friend. Just watch a group of dogs, the Alpha Puppy are clear to point out after a few days watching. You spotted one feed him for a few days, let him get closer to the car and when he jumps in one day on his own, you drive both home.

I want to react because i can not believe any of this non sense but what can i say?Unbelievable!!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

Oh yes, having the police watching your cameras would help...

Yet another dumb solution dreamed up by you that doesn't make any sense. Keep trying, maybe you can come up with something.

2 hours ago, transam said:

Think the OP needs a clearly visible night watchman that "sleeps" during the day...

Guns are a bad idea, if you front a bunch of lo-life that couldn't give a shit, you are stuffed, in fact they may even over power you and use it on you..

If you were to shoot someone I reckon your world will come tumbling down to daily fish head soup..

A Dutch Clint Eastwood? ?

Are you trained in firearms?

I had a 22 automatic rifle and a 12 gage break-barrel when I was 13, qualified for my high school rifle team and passed the NRA safe hunter test when I was 15, (did not actually make the team) and had some range training with a new P226 about 10 years ago but nothing since then.

I do sometimes go to the range with friends and relatives when I’m in the US, but I’m not really that into it.

You?
  • Like 1

The O/P, the author of this insane idea, should make himself a big pot of coffee, settle down with his computer and google 'weapons effect'.

If after reading a few very sobering articles, he hasn't changed his mind on this issue he should be looking, very carefully at alternative life-style opportunities.

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

I had a 22 automatic rifle and a 12 gage break-barrel when I was 13, qualified for my high school rifle team and passed the NRA safe hunter test when I was 15, (did not actually make the team) and had some range training with a new P226 about 10 years ago but nothing since then.

I do sometimes go to the range with friends and relatives when I’m in the US, but I’m not really that into it.

You?

I had a dream............................

4 hours ago, mogandave said:

Name calling, clever.

There are no names being called here, but instead truths being told. I am simply making it clear to all that you make up something dumb, act like it was someone else's idea, then attack it for being a bad idea. I will continue to school you and call you out every single time you do this. If the truth makes you feel uncomfortable and it feels like people are calling you names, tough.

Edited by canopy

There are no names being called here, but instead truths being told. I am simply making it clear to all that you make up something dumb, act like it was someone else's idea, then attack it for being a bad idea. I will continue to school you and call you out every single time you do this. If the truth makes you feel uncomfortable and it feels like people are calling you names, tough.

You call me dumb and call it schooling, you must be a right-winger...

11 hours ago, digbeth said:

for about 60-80,000 baht and the waiting period and red tape until you can get a licence to buy gun and keep on the property, you can hire security guards for many months, until your building material is completely built

This is true, good post.

Nope, a crown procedure that was like a never-ending nightmare. OMG. 

Perhaps in the future you’ll brush and floss a little more regularly...

Never had much trouble with crowns, but I had a root canal that took six months and ended (a few years later) as an implant.
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mogandave said:

Perhaps in the future you’ll brush and floss a little more regularly...

Never had much trouble with crowns, but I had a root canal that took six months and ended (a few years later) as an implant.

Please stop, you scare the <deleted> out of me now. I had one done before but didn't remember the long procedure, sitting for two hours on the chair, the procedure is perverted and painful. I should have gone every six months, but.................................................

Please stop, you scare the out of me now. I had one done before but didn't remember the long procedure, sitting for two hours on the chair, the procedure is perverted and painful. I should have gone every six months, but.................................................

I have my mom’s teeth. My dad didn’t own a toothbrush until he was drafted for WW2. He did not have a cavity until he was 60 and had his one and only root canal at 72. Fell asleep in the chair...