CNN says its correspondent was excluded from covering White House Trump event

webfact

4 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

You can't just hide behind a facade of being "open and free press" when it suits you. 

CNN are biased and have not stopped trying to discredit Trump since before he was even elected. 

Oh come on. I've heard CNN say the odd good thing about Trump.

Hell, they even referred to the Singapore Summit as "an historic occasion".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't accept your premise regarding CNN... But even if I did, presumably you're not OK with CNN, but you're perfectly OK with the behavior of entities like Fox New that every day, day in and day out, take bias and selective reporting to a whole new level far far beyond anything CNN has ever done.

Yes thats right, fox news the same, What is ultimately worse is hiding behind "being an opinion show", when they do get caught out .

• Like 2

CNN are so biased these days I nearly puke at some of their commentary. Whatever happened to fair reporting?  CNN panels are 90% crammed with haters these days. I used to love CNN and still watch their other reporting but their political reporting is awful. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Please beam yourself over to Russia or North Korea. I'm sure you'd be much happier there....and fit in just fine with their current governments.

Don't you see this is the problem?  A poster criticizes CNN and you tell him to go to NK or Russia?  it's this sort of hateful bile that divides the US.  You can support CNN and I promise not to tell you to go live in PC LaLa land ok?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Don't you see this is the problem?  A poster criticizes CNN and you tell him to go to NK or Russia?  it's this sort of hateful bile that divides the US.  You can support CNN and I promise not to tell you to go live in PC LaLa land ok?

It's not hateful at all. And I have no personal feelings toward that poster at all. But considering his total absence of respect or appreciation for the role of the First Amendment and a free news media in the U.S., he would in fact be far more at home in some dictatorial regime. That's just a fact, not hate.

The framers of the U.S. Constitution made the First Amendment THE first amendment for a reason, before the others, because they viewed a free and unfettered pretty as essential to the maintenance of a true democracy.

So when people here want to trash the First Amendment and a free press in the U.S. that should not be subject to government interference, they're trashing the foundations of the U.S. democratic system.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But you love Fox News for their unbiased and objective reporting, right?   :cheesy:

Oh so we have gone from CNN to Fox?  

That's a morally redundant tactic to suggest I love Fox because I criticize CNN.  There is no equivalency.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

CNN are so biased these days I nearly puke at some of their commentary. Whatever happened to fair reporting?  CNN panels are 90% crammed with haters these days. I used to love CNN and still watch their other reporting but their political reporting is awful. 

You probably still would love them if you weren't a Trump supporter.

Every news outlet/reporter in the world reports with bias. The BBC is usually held up as the world standard for unbiased reporting' yet are often, sometimes rightly, accused of biased reporting. Even Trump has ripped into the BBC.

Fox News doesn't do biased reporting, as such, it daily puts out unsubstantiated B.S. and blatantly supports Trump, NRA and other extreme right wing groups. This isn't biased reporting, it's dissemination of propaganda.

Personally, I watch CNN, BBC and Al Jazeera, and between the 3 of them you can read between the lines to get an unbiased picture.

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 2

That's true. If CNN is 5% at fault for bias, then Fox is 500% at fault for bias. There is not equivalency.

:offtopic:  when did I raise Fox?  last time I looked this thread was about CNN but you seek to deflect and troll about Fox.

• Like 1

Just now, BobBKK said:

:offtopic:  when did I raise Fox?  last time I looked this thread was about CNN but you seek to deflect and troll about Fox.

Fox is the antithesis of CNN. Natural that it will be examined in a thread about CNN.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Spidey said:

You probably still would love them if you weren't a Trump supporter.

Every news outlet/reporter in the world reports with bias. The BBC is usually held up as the world standard for unbiased reporting' yet are often, sometimes rightly, accused of biased reporting. Even Trump has ripped into the BBC.

Fox News doesn't do biased reporting, as such, it daily puts out unsubstantiated B.S. and blatantly supports Trump, NRA and other extreme right wing groups. This isn't biased reporting, it's dissemination of propaganda.

Personally, I watch CNN, BBC and Al Jazeera, and between the 3 of them you can read between the lines to get an unbiased picture.

I am a Bernie supporter what makes you think I support the megalomaniac Trump?  BTW this thread is about CNN not Fox. You are right about the BBC about as balanced as you can get in this toxic environment. 

16 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Its not about what news outlet you support/believe etc, its about the bigger issue of Government trying to control the media, like they do in NK etc.

• Like 2

Just now, Peterw42 said:

Its not about what news outlet you support/believe etc, its about the bigger issue of Government trying to control the media, like they do in NK etc.

I am a true supporter of a free and fair press and you do NOT have that in the US. In Britain we do it's called the BBC and it is NEUTRAL.

1 minute ago, PaceArrow said:

CNN is one of the fakest News Media outlets broadcasting their hate-filled liberal one-sided bias and brainwashing half the U.S. population that listens to that Network.  If you what the unvarnished and truthful version of what is going on listen to Fox News Network the Honest and UnBias network head and shoulders above all the others.59632444174ad_CNNClowns.jpg.3eca6e5913336bde0869418d0c79830e.jpg

Holy M F.

OMG

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BobBKK said:

Nonsense. If you were not a Dem supporter you would not say that.  (get it?)

I'm not a Dem supporter, as a Brit, I have no dog in this fight. I too am a big fan of Bernie.

Regarding bringing Fox into the debate, it's called "contrast and compare", something all good debaters do.

• Confused 1

Just now, Spidey said:

I'm not a Dem supporter, as a Brit, I have no dog in this fight. I too am a big fan of Bernie.

Regarding bringing Fox into the debate, it's called "contrast and compare", something all good debaters do.

But it's not a fair 'opposite' comparison that you are trying to suggest. Anyway better to debate the topic. CNN reporter being excluded, is it right or wrong?

5 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

Good. CNN has no right to be there. Press releases and press briefings are for the American People, not CNN or any other misbehaved misanthropic news non-reporter.

Sent from my Star Trek Communicator.

So much for the freedom of the press at the White House.

I'm a supporter of a free and accurate, unbiased objective press regardless of the source. And a free press that is free from government interference as guaranteed by the U.S. First Amendment.

But it's more than ridiculous for some folks here to in effect applaud the White  House barring a CNN reporter from attending a White House news conference, and then proclaim how they support a free press. Please!!!!

With respect you're missing the point. I don't see anyone saying they don't support a free press only that you don't have one. You can't, surely, be claiming CNN is free and fair?  (and before someone say's it Fox, MSNBC etc. are not free and fair either).

7 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I am a true supporter of a free and fair press and you do NOT have that in the US. In Britain we do it's called the BBC and it is NEUTRAL.

Whether or not you are a citizen of elsewhere the fact is that the press during the time that the Constitution was written was much more partisan and savage than it is today. Presumably the Founding Fathers were somewhat aware of this fact and despite that, gave free speech very strong guarantees.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bristolboy said:

Whether or not you are a citizen of elsewhere the fact is that the press during the time that the Constitution was written was much more partisan and savage than it is today. Presumably the Founding Fathers were somewhat aware of this fact and despite that, gave free speech very strong guarantees.

You mean free speech to the owners of the MSM  so that we now have biased reporting from both sides further dividing the US?   yes I agree with that.  CNN for the Dems and Fox for the GOP. Nice and divided but not much 'free and fair' there is there?

5 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

But it's not a fair 'opposite' comparison that you are trying to suggest. Anyway better to debate the topic. CNN reporter being excluded, is it right or wrong?

I think that it is fair when you consider that CNN were excluded because of their bias and dissemination of fake news, something that Fox are far more guilty of. So why weren't they excluded too?

Obviously Trump has serious issues with people telling the truth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

You mean free speech to the owners of the MSM  so that we now have biased reporting from both sides further dividing the US?   yes I agree with that.  CNN for the Dems and Fox for the GOP. Nice and divided but not much 'free and fair' there is there?

Even if your characterization of the American Media Scene were true, it is entirely irrelevant to the protections afforded by the First Amendment.

• Like 1

Just now, Spidey said:

I think that it is fair when you consider that CNN were excluded because of their bias and dissemination of fake news, something that Fox are far more guilty of. So why weren't they excluded too?

Obviously Trump has serious issues with people telling the truth.

I'd agree that if MSM was barred for biased reporting there would be no US MSM there at all.