British divers reveal astonishing details about rescue of final two boys trapped in Tham Luang cave

rooster59

Now that the rescue has been miraculously succeeded and and the recriminations have not yet been all sussed out , who pays for all of this? International Rescue teams? helicopters, thousands of staffs? Overtime?

Climbing a mountain
Skiing off piste
“Going into a cave”
Diving
Parachuting
Flying in a squirrel suit

An all the rest of the dangerous and exciting pursuits are very exciting, but should the whole society have to pay for the fabulous activities of Evil Knievel daredevils? From now
on it should be case closed on caves and known that anyone who goes beyond the normal lighted and footpath marked sections of KNOWN tourist caves is on their own responsibilities and there will be no free rescue. Let them buy insurance for that!

I’m not paying Taxes here so it does not cost me but as an American I’m dead tired of big government picking my pocket to pay for the poor decisions made by people with bad judgment and no money or insurance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The rest of the world has a heart? What rubbish!
Why don’t you go to the local Indian, Chinese,or Arab and ask for some money?

But thanks for bringing up the biggest problem. The “world” does not need a policeman and the US military could be cut 90 percent with no effect on the US security, it is more about corporate welfare and providing “do” work for the uneducated.

It is not like some kids fell into a hole by accident. Nobody is more relieved than me they were rescued it really is a miracle but let’s be serious the team had no business going down there lead by an inexperienced adult no less.

• Like 2

Maybe you should have followed the story a bit closer, they had lots of experience exploring that cave. Maybe their experience was the only thing that saved them. I live just a few kilometers from it myself and have visited it numerous times. S#it happens and they got trapped by sudden rising rushing waters while deep in the cave.

The rest of the world has a heart? What rubbish!
Why don’t you go to the local Indian, Chinese,or Arab and ask for some money?

But thanks for bringing up the biggest problem. The “world” does not need a policeman and the US military could be cut 90 percent with no effect on the US security, it is more about corporate welfare and providing “do” work for the uneducated.

It is not like some kids fell into a hole by accident. Nobody is more relieved than me they were rescued it really is a miracle but let’s be serious the team had no business going down there lead by an inexperienced adult no less.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

• Thanks 2

They had experience exploring the cave under normal conditions OK. If they had real experience like the Royal Thai navy Seals and western expert caver blokes who RESCUED them they would never go underground there that time of year without dive gear and backups.

Sorry I believe in In personal responsibility.

Stop spewing rubbish.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Given the time constraints it would not have been that easy.

Well, might have predicted as much, seeing how children normally need a child's mask. But anyway, I'm only saying I would not have been brave enough to take that gamble. No comment on safety procedures, organization or cave rescue management. They got them all out alive.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Your post leaves me with a nagging question that I cannot answer may be you can.

I f the foreigners would not have helped   would the Thai's been able to save the boys? If they were left to their own resources would have they succeeded

Think about it.

I wouldn't respond; he's just miffed there were no dutch in the mix (why would there be?). It was indeed a coming together of forces, but some folk on here get all silly and envious as soon as Brits are mentioned. They can do no good in their eyes.

12 hours ago, robblok said:

I am not sure about that but I do know that without the Thai pumping efforts the foreigners would also not been able to save them. So I conclude it was a team effort. All parts had to work together, take one part out and it would have failed. 

Sure, the Thais were good at pumping.

5 hours ago, champers said:

Did any of the Brits in the rescue team wear a Chang wife-beater vest? Maybe we will have to wait for the movie. 

In the movie all the divers were watching a go go show in Pattaya when the phone rang .  And they barely managed to finish their drinks and leave the girls behind before they were on their way on a rescue mission. 

That's a start of a movie I do not want to see but you never know what Hollywood might end up with. 

Edited by balo
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, robblok said:

I am not sure about that but I do know that without the Thai pumping efforts the foreigners would also not been able to save them. So I conclude it was a team effort. All parts had to work together, take one part out and it would have failed. 

The answer is almost certainly no they would not have been able to save them but the point you made about the Thai support is completely correct.  The point being that everyone played their part to the best of their ability and pulled off a staggeringly dangerous rescue.

• Like 2