Jailed British anti-Muslim activist Robinson released on bail

snoop1130

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

This is nothing to do with the USA

Right, but I was responding to this piece of misinformation:

These bans are common in courts around the world to protect the judicial process. Journalist deal with publication bans at almost every trial they cover.

Rather than being common it is extremely rare. Courts almost always come down on the side of transparency and the public's right of access to the court room. Remember, that it in criminal cases "the public" is the one bringing the action through it's appointed representatives. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Try getting your facts right. Tommy left Rebel Media and went independent last February.

So The Rebel UK is nothing to do with Rebel Media; even though it is full of links to Rebel media and the homepage has a form to subscribe to both?

Even if it is true that Yaxley-Lennon no longer works for Levant, my statement that Levant is neither an expert in English law nor unbiased in this case is correct.

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

If your ludicrous claim were even remotely true, Yaxley-Lennon was not, and never has been, gagged.

During all of his several terms in prison for violence and fraud he and his supporters have continued to publicise his views. They continued to do so during his latest imprisonment.

How is that gagging?

Then why did 3 leading judges quash the contempt of court findings, stateing that the sentences had been unduly hasty, and therefore not giving T.R sufficient time to prepare his defense. Although it must be said that his actions could have lead to a miss trial, and therefore he was in the wrong.

One of the things I found very worrying regarding his impisonment. Firstly he was sent to a prison that contained a small number of  Muslims, then for some reason he was transferred to a prison with the highest Muslim population in the south 30%+. Basically he was in solitary confinement, with his food prepared and delivered to his cell by Muslims, who seemed to take pleasure in insinuating that they may have contaminated his food. All this with the connivance of the authority.

Compare this with the prison conditions enjoyed by Anjem Choudhry.

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Could you give us some links for them as i must have missed them, thanks

The BBC has interviewed many persons, as a stated those that seem to think he is a nice guy seem to be be North American misfits, one in particular was his former boss at "The Rebel Media". 

Just now, Basil B said:

The BBC has interviewed many persons, as a stated those that seem to think he is a nice guy seem to be be North American misfits, one in particular was his former boss at "The Rebel Media". 

BBC you say, damm i missed it, always like to listen to someone with a neutral view !

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

BBC you say, damm i missed it, always like to listen to someone with a neutral view !

Yet you have used an old BBC article in Yaxley-Lennon's defence!

Consistency is not Yaxley-Lennons strongpoint, so I suppose we cannot expect it from his followers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Most of those mouthing off in the UK media in support of this scumbag seem to be from the US or Canada...

Just last month a Canadian guy, in my local Bangkok bar , asked me my views on ' poor ' Tommy Robinson. He was quite taken aback by my venomous response !

It's ironic (or pathetic ) that those in North America fueling the fake news debate , seem to be those most willing to fall victim to it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nontabury said:

Firstly he was sent to a prison that contained a small number of  Muslims, then for some reason he was transferred to a prison with the highest Muslim population in the south 30%+

Further to my previous response to this.

HMP Hull is a catergory B prison. It houses inmates from North Yorkshire and those on remand in that area.

Yaxley-Lennon was sent there straight from Leeds Crown Court, but as he is not from North Yorkshire, was no longer on remand and was a category C prisoner not category B he was quickly transferred to HMP Onley, a category C prison.

Furthermore, HMP Onley is less than an hour away from Luton, whereas HMP Hull is nearly 4 hours. So, obviously, the transfer made it easier for his wife and family to visit him.

This is speculation on my part. As is the case with all prisoner transfers, the Ministry Of Justice have not made the reasons for his transfer public.

Edited by 7by7
spelling

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

The BBC is not neutral on this...

They interview a lot more people who think the sun shines out of his arse, the thing is anyone with an IQ of 70+ can see right through their BS...

Consider the stink that Yaxley-Lennon and his 'supporters' would kick up if he had been allowed to continue is performance outside of the court and had brought about a mistrial or worse still an unsafe verdict. 

Imagine for a moment if the news was not 'Yaxley-Lennon' released on bail awaiting retrial but because of his actions it was:

'Child Rapists Released from Prison, Convictions Overturned as 'Unsafe' - Compensation will be paid'

• Like 2

Just now, alfieconn said:
On 8/1/2018 at 6:38 PM, ivor bigun said:

See @ 5.42 min

Even if this video was precisely what you claim it to be, what you fail to get your head around is the Police do not give permission to commit contempt of court. 

It is the Judge who has absolute discretion to determine if actions are in contempt of the court proceedings before him. 

You could have a signed and stamped authority to film, but if at any time the Judge decides filming and the statements made/actions taken during the filming are a threat to the case before him, he at his sole discretion can order you to stop filming. 

If you do not, waving your permit will have no relevance,  you are in contempt of the court. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, alfieconn said:
On 8/1/2018 at 6:38 PM, ivor bigun said:

See @ 5.42 min

Do agree with you this is confusing. I also think that if he had not mentioned any names he would have been ok.

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Even if this video was precisely what you claim it to be, what you fail to get your head around is the Police do not give permission to commit contempt of court. 

It is the Judge who has absolute discretion to determine if actions are in contempt of the court proceedings before him. 

You could have a signed and stamped authority to film, but if at any time the Judge decides filming and the statements made/actions taken during the filming are a threat to the case before him, he at his sole discretion can order you to stop filming. 

If you do not, waving your permit will have no relevance,  you are in contempt of the court. 

Where have failed to get my head round anything ?  i posted it because stevenl accused another poster of "making it up as you go" and wanted to see the evidence, but no doubt he will say that it wasn't Tommy ?

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

Where have failed to get my head round anything ?  i posted it because stevenl accused another poster of "making it up as you go" and wanted to see the evidence, but no doubt he will say that it wasn't Tommy ?

Please read so you don't make false accusations.

Edited by stevenl