Has this happened to you?

Most self respecting men do not engage in long distance dating. If you invest more than three or four hours into someone you have never met, there is only a small likelihood, that when and if you finally meet, there will be a spark. Best to be able to look a woman in the eyes, and then figure out what she is all about. My smart friends, who try this approach, limit their contact to a few messages, a couple of video chats on the phone, then plans to meet up. Going beyond that, is a fools errand, an enormous waste of time and energy, and for what? If the gal attempts to keep on chatting, they are told no more contact until we meet. Sorry, but I have too much pride to devote hours, days and months to someone I have never met. See you soon. If she is not cool with that, you just move onto the next fish in the sea. 

Oh jeez, another nice guy pours his gutts out needing closure after finding out the Asian chick stereotype ain't true. ?

Dude, you had a year.  Then waited until you were gone to bust a move?  Try being a bit more assertive.  Not  too much though.

Edited by 55Jay

2 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Oh jeez, another nice guy pours his gutts out needing closure after finding out the Asian chick stereotype ain't true. ?

I find the Asian stereotype (easy and cheap) entirely true.

Have met hardly any I couldn't bang within 2hrs of meeting them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toscano said:

You may be disappointed , but thank your lucky stars , worse things happen in Thailand .  Long distance dating is not a good idea , professing love and planning to marry via the Internet or telephone .  Thai women only love for money , with few exceptions , maybe you didn't send enough money .

" There are plenty more fish in the sea ", but before thinking of marriage to a Thai girlfriend you need to know her really well for at least a couple of ye

but Thai culture does not express the intimacy , warmth and affection that can be expressed by western women .   

Just the opposite from my experience I find Thai women more affectionate then western women.

Especially, during sexual intimacy.

• Like 1

You weren’t paying her enough if any, that’s all they’re interested in, and probably married her horrible little husband has probably found another mark for her. Way of life in Thailand play them at their own game give them F.A. I don’t even tip anymore excuse I’m saving face that really confuses them. 

Edited by Sprigger
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Most self respecting men do not engage in long distance dating. If you invest more than three or four hours into someone you have never met, there is only a small likelihood, that when and if you finally meet, there will be a spark. Best to be able to look a woman in the eyes, and then figure out what she is all about. My smart friends, who try this approach, limit their contact to a few messages, a couple of video chats on the phone, then plans to meet up. Going beyond that, is a fools errand, an enormous waste of time and energy, and for what? If the gal attempts to keep on chatting, they are told no more contact until we meet. Sorry, but I have too much pride to devote hours, days and months to someone I have never met. See you soon. If she is not cool with that, you just move onto the next fish in the sea. 

Guess you didn't read the post he worked with her as teachers in a school so they had met.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"I have lost count of the amount of girls that have been messaging and even video chatting with guys overseas while lying next to me in bed. Unless you are PHYSICALLY here most do not consider themselves in a relationship or consider it cheating at all. "

Text after sext.?

inbetween sessions lol.

• Haha 1

She does like you and respect you but you are not the right one for her. She can't bring herself to tell you the reason behind her decision because she thinks that it would hurt you very much. 

It is a coward way of doing things but she wants to save your face.

Move on and never look back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gaff said:

You were wrong when you showed respects to her. The first thing to avoid is to show respect to an woman in this world. This is how you get respect.

Take care in Thailand. You may wake up with your best part missing!

• Like 1

Relationships, they are tough. Heard, seen and lived it. It really doesnt matter what culture or country.

I know, i tried some cultures. Just Dutch, Antillean, Indonesian, Philippine and now a Thai.

Already met once Thai, but in another position again. However you start and then they just go on, while you are thinking, "she is the one". While we had an internet connection, building relation (?), she married another guy. 555 

Also with the other cultures. It really doesnt matter how good and sincere you think you are, they think otherwise. 

I ve lived so many stupid stories in my life, i can write a book. 

It is just all about finding that "right" person and that is tough. Sometimes i think "is it me? " , probably is, just meeting the wrong kind of partner.

I was married once  and we "know" each other 12 years, with just young kids then.

Out of the blue she said at one point, i want a divorce. A knob in her head switched and there goes your life. Still dont understand, no reason she could give me. With the switch, she becomes a totally different person then aswell.  Just a Dutch woman and i thought we had a good life going on.

You talk to college and see i was not the only one, many MAN have the same shit.

It is a fact of life nowadays: one day everything is ok, the other day it is down the drain.

My new relation with Thai? It puzzles me already a lot. It can go anywhere, as usual to me. Im 58 and she is 51, with a good job. But its a woman, sometimes ting tong. I know by now.

As they say women are from venus and men from mars.

Guess i can go with Bob's saying 1480924872_bobmquote.jpg.1ff9b440bb8b982f73dbe0bb02e6ff4f.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TumblinDice said:

Its that only in Thailand traditional “save face” BS so they avoid the issue, switch off & disappear.

In my experience, with Thai girls, it is less about "face" and more typically that they dislike "confrontation" and bad feelings.

• Like 2