Boris Johnson slammed over Islamophobic comments

webfact

Spidermike

Bikini contests are every bit as offensive and misogynistic as head coverings.

People on this thread demanding 100% assimilation of Muslims into European cultures.

Not a huge percentage of expats are fluent in spoken and written Thai even after 20 years here.

How many have abandoned their religion to become Buddhist?

How many visit the temple and give alms?

How many wear Thai outfits other than Chang t-shirts?

How many believe in ghosts and maintain spirit houses in their front yards?

Your culture will always be your culture. You can assimilate to a certain degree, but nowhere near what you people are expecting from immigrants to your home countries. 

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

FMG is not mentioned in the Quran. It is however mentioned in some hadiths  as if later day Muslim imans usurped the tribal customs to become part of religion. It's an awful practice.

agreed upon

wbr

roobaa01

2 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

Spidermike

Bikini contests are every bit as offensive and misogynistic as head coverings.

People on this thread demanding 100% assimilation of Muslims into European cultures.

Not a huge percentage of expats are fluent in spoken and written Thai even after 20 years here.

How many have abandoned their religion to become Buddhist?

How many visit the temple and give alms?

How many wear Thai outfits other than Chang t-shirts?

How many believe in ghosts and maintain spirit houses in their front yards?

Your culture will always be your culture. You can assimilate to a certain degree, but nowhere near what you people are expecting from immigrants to your home countries. 

The thing is, expats in Thailand don't, on the whole, go around killing innocent people because the Thai government makes them report on where they are living every 90 days.....

3 minutes ago, blazes said:

The thing is, expats in Thailand don't, on the whole, go around killing innocent people because the Thai government makes them report on where they are living every 90 days.....

Key words, "on the whole"

Are you suggesting expats would be killing innocent people were it not for the 90 day reports?

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:17 AM, My Thai Life said:
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, 7by7 said:

I have done both; recently.

Really, which Wahabbi enclaves have you spent time in recently?

You said to me

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:11 AM, My Thai Life said:

Please spend some time in Bradford and the Wahabbi enclaves of East London and then come back and tell us what you think about integration.

To which I replied

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, 7by7 said:

I have done both; recently.

Lot's of shops selling pork products, lot's of pubs and bars, lots of women walking around in short skirts and tank tops, or less.

Repeating the question wont change the answer!

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, vogie said:

So if the minorities have a right to choose and the majority have a right to choose, wouldn't that make it a free for all. Should we change our culture to suit the minorities. 

No, but we should respect the right of minorities to make their choices as long as that choice does not impinge on the rights of the majority.

So tell us; how are your rights reduced by women wearing the clothing of their choice?

On 8/18/2018 at 11:12 AM, duanebigsby said:

FMG is not mentioned in the Quran. It is however mentioned in some hadiths  as if later day Muslim imans usurped the tribal customs to become part of religion. It's an awful practice.

I would have thought the Quoran was the word of god. Those who seek to change or indeed modify in any way should face the ultimate punishment.....

..... who threw that?

...........come on; I'm waiting

15 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

No, but we should respect the right of minorities to make their choices as long as that choice does not impinge on the rights of the majority.

So tell us; how are your rights reduced by women wearing the clothing of their choice?

I've told you before

1) I want to communicate with people. One cannot communicate with a Burkha

2) They are hideous. They make any scene ugly. An insult to Allah

3) They increase my blood pressure

Ban them

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, My Thai Life said:

Sadiq Khan, the current Mayor of London, a well known muslim, agrees that this Wahabbi gear is not the result of free choice. I'll be talking about that tomorrow. Have a good evening.

Or not; as it's now Sunday!

Couldn't find the quotes to back up your assertion?

Khan has spoken about the burka, for example : this Evening Standard interview during the London mayoral campaign

I can't seem to copy and paste quotes from the article; but in it he does say that he is concerned about the increasing number of women choosing (his words, not mine) to wear face veils in London; he does say he wonders about the reasons, and he does say it is not up to him to tell a woman what to wear.

Later that year, he said about the burkini ban "I don't think anyone should tell they can and can't wear. Full stop.

In April 2017: Sadiq Khan criticises call for Muslim women to be fined for wearing burkas or face veils in public

As said, he has been quoted as sometimes wondering about the reasons for women to choose a burka; and i agree that sometimes it may be because they are under pressure from husbands or male family members; indeed, I've said as much.

But as has been shown several times, but ignored by you and those others who are anti choice, many, maybe even most, British women who wear a burka or niqab do so of their own free will. 

They've made a choice, and whilst i may not agree with that choice as we live in a free democracy I believe they have the right to exercise that choice. 

You and those who post as you do seem to believe that democratic freedom of choice means doing only what you agree with, everything else should be banned!

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

I am sorry 7 by 7 but there are certain members on here who are so entrenched in islam no matter what one says it gets turned around and that member either gets accused of being racist, an islamophobe or preaching hatred. For that reason I try to stay clear of these people, it never ends well. The islamophiles if I may use that expression without being cursed will not listen to anything that anyone with a different opinion to themselves puts forward.

There is one islamophile who actually keeps a record of the likes other people impliment againgst his views, and refers to them as "the usual clique"

I have read many posts on this subject and even the most experienced/skilled posters get nowhere with the debate, so I will not put myself in a position where I will be reported for incorrectly putting a 'full stop in the wrong place'

I think the last time we chose to engage in dialogue we both ended up on holiday.

So with all the respect in the world I will not be talking to posters who I consider a risk factor.

Regards

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:
21 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I've told you before

1) I want to communicate with people. One cannot communicate with a Burkha

2) They are hideous. They make any scene ugly. An insult to Allah

3) They increase my blood pressure

Ban them

1) I want to communicate with people; I cannot understand people with a thick Scottish accent. Ban Scots people until they can speak received pronunciation!

2) Kilts and the associated Victorian fantasies are hideous. Ban them.

3) Both of the above increase my blood pressure. Ban them

55 minutes ago, 7by7 said:
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, My Thai Life said:

Sadiq Khan, the current Mayor of London, a well known muslim, agrees that this Wahabbi gear is not the result of free choice. I'll be talking about that tomorrow. Have a good evening.

Or not; as it's now Sunday!

Couldn't find the quotes to back up your assertion?

I see you chose for some reason to post it in a different topic;

So apologies for that remark.

Although, as I said in that topic, you have rather cherry picked from the Standard article I linked to above.

13 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I see you chose for some reason to post it in a different topic;

So apologies for that remark.

Although, as I said in that topic, you have rather cherry picked from the Standard article I linked to above.

Forget about it.  My Thai Life hates all Muslims, bottom line, no arguing it.

It’s appalling that a few forum members continue to support the abuse of these women even in the light of evidence of their abuse. What’s even weirder is that these members have convinced themselves they are standing up for these oppressed women.

Here’s the view of Qanta Ahmad. You may wish to read her view in conjunction with the posts and links I’ve made of Sadiq Kahn (the muslim Mayor of London), Elham Manea, (a Professor and Swiss-Yemeni citizen and the author of Women and Sharia Law) and Dr Taj Hargey, (the imam at the Oxford Islamic Congregation).

“As a muslim woman I am fully supportive of Boris Johnson’s rejection of the niqab. And I wonder how many of the former Foreign Secretary’s [Boris Johnson] critics understand my religion, what this form of dress represents and the subjugation it implies. To defend the niqa and to defend muslim women are, I can assure you, two very different things indeed.”

“When Boris Johnson mocks the niqab, he is emphatically not mocking Muslim women because – and this is a point that we Muslims seem to be unable to get across to non-Muslims – there is no basis in Islam for the niqab. Claiming otherwise is a profound distortion of Islamic belief.”

“That’s why Muslim nations are themselves regulating and banning the niqab and burqa, where these coverings are seen as an invasion of Salafist affinities and a risk to national security and societal integrity.”

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/08/as-a-muslim-woman-id-like-to-thank-boris-johnson-for-calling-out-the-niqab/

10 hours ago, 7by7 said:

1) I want to communicate with people; I cannot understand people with a thick Scottish accent. Ban Scots people until they can speak received pronunciation!

2) Kilts and the associated Victorian fantasies are hideous. Ban them.

3) Both of the above increase my blood pressure. Ban them

Do you actually believe any of the statements you have made above?

No, you are attempting to elicit a vexed response from me.

That is trolling and I shall take action.

23 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

It’s appalling that a few forum members continue to support the abuse of these women even in the light of evidence of their abuse. What’s even weirder is that these members have convinced themselves they are standing up for these oppressed women.

Here’s the view of Qanta Ahmad. You may wish to read her view in conjunction with the posts and links I’ve made of Sadiq Kahn (the muslim Mayor of London), Elham Manea, (a Professor and Swiss-Yemeni citizen and the author of Women and Sharia Law) and Dr Taj Hargey, (the imam at the Oxford Islamic Congregation).

“As a muslim woman I am fully supportive of Boris Johnson’s rejection of the niqab. And I wonder how many of the former Foreign Secretary’s [Boris Johnson] critics understand my religion, what this form of dress represents and the subjugation it implies. To defend the niqa and to defend muslim women are, I can assure you, two very different things indeed.”

“When Boris Johnson mocks the niqab, he is emphatically not mocking Muslim women because – and this is a point that we Muslims seem to be unable to get across to non-Muslims – there is no basis in Islam for the niqab. Claiming otherwise is a profound distortion of Islamic belief.”

“That’s why Muslim nations are themselves regulating and banning the niqab and burqa, where these coverings are seen as an invasion of Salafist affinities and a risk to national security and societal integrity.”

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/08/as-a-muslim-woman-id-like-to-thank-boris-johnson-for-calling-out-the-niqab/

Once again repeating your unfounded accusations wrt to other members supporting abuse.

Defending the right of women in the U.K.  to choose to dress as they wish is not defending any form of abuse.

Criticising a senior politician for his politically motivated ridiculing of Muslim women who choose to dress in a manner that, for them, expresses their faith, is not supporting abuse.

Away with you and your false accusations 

A personal attack has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

4 hours ago, My Thai Life said:

This was an example, so rare on here, of excellent research and presentation of evidence.  

Alas, My Thai Life is casting his pearls before swine.....

8 hours ago, My Thai Life said:

Some Muslim women will agree, some will not, particularly those for whom face coverings represent their personal expression of spirituality, not political Islam.

I have read some of Qanta Ahmed writing, she does articulate very valid points and represents a voice of Moderate Islam, which a number of members seek to deny their very existence. Let's see how many, who continually post anti Muslim rhetoric, also agree with the following from the same person...

According to Ahmed, Islamists in the West are not attempting to Islamize society as a whole, and such calls are alarmist. 

4 hours ago, blazes said:

This was an example, so rare on here, of excellent research and presentation of evidence.  

Alas, My Thai Life is casting his pearls before swine.....

pearls? what pearls? :ermm:

You’re defending an item of clothing that represents the oppression of women, in the name of freedom of choice? That just seems contradictory to me.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:
20 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You’re defending an item of clothing that represents the oppression of women, in the name of freedom of choice? That just seems contradictory to me.

who appointed you to judge what's oppression of women and what not? :whistling:

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Once more, a false accusation.

Nobody is defending any item of cloathing. I, 7by7 and others are defending the right of people to wear what they wish.

Away with you and your false accusations.

Once more, a false accusation.

Nobody is defending any item of cloathing. I, 7by7 and others are defending the right of people to wear what they wish.

Away with you and your false accusations.

Ok; defending the right of women to wear an item of clothing that represents the oppression of women.

Archived