VIDEO: Man dances in celebration after trashing Bangkok housing development

webfact

VIDEO: Man dances in celebration after trashing Bangkok housing development

pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A man has been caught on camera trashing a Bangkok housing development and then performing a little dance in celebration.

Footage of the unidentified man was posted on Facebook by user Luzern Pipatchaisiri.

According to the post, the man had not paid residents fees for several years and had recently lost a legal case against the housing committee over the unpaid fees.

It was after this that he started trashing the housing development.

In the footage the man can be seen dumping trash over the road before dancing next to the CCTV camera.

More footage which is believed to show the same man driving over traffic cones.

It is not known if police are investigating the incident.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-08

There's not much a developer can do if inhabitants won't pay the annual fee's.

We also have some neighbours who won't pay, every time they pass the electric barrier the thing starts beeping because of that. If i'm in the next lane i love to see who got his machine beeping.

Trash dumping, dancing resident: Lawyer says he could face serious trouble

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GTKGLKv5GGSS9rVFPJ.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

After the story of a resident dumping trash, driving into cones and then having a little dance hit the news, an online lawyer has told Thai media that the man responsible could face some serious consequences.

The man's meltdown occurred at a Ramkhamhaeng, Bangkok housing estate. He had not paid his maintenance fees for his house in the estate and had lost a legal case over the matter.

So he decided on a display of petulance that many have seen on social media on the page of Luzern Pipatchaisiri.

Online lawyer Ranarong Kaewpetch told Thairath that everyone in an estate was liable for such fees and agreed to them by becoming resident.

There are no exceptions to this, he said.

The juristic person was within their rights to levy fines for late payment and people who did not pay for between three and six months would be unable to sell or transfer their property.

Those who refused to pay can find their utilities like electricity and water cut off.

Worse could follow if cases went to court.

In addition the man's antics in littering and damaging property like the cones and CCTV could find him facing a fine or even jail for criminal damage.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-08

15 hours ago, webfact said:

In addition the man's antics in littering and damaging property like the cones and CCTV could find him facing a fine or even jail for criminal damage.

lets  hope so

On 8/8/2018 at 8:00 AM, Thian said:

There's not much a developer can do if inhabitants won't pay the annual fee's.

Permanently "repair" their water supply?

Stop picking up their garbage?

Disable their "easy pass" vehicle entry card so the security guard has to manually let them in/out

The developments are run by a committee . The committee just needs gonads or needs to enact the correct enforceable rules from the start. Russians in Pattaya are/were notorious for not paying. 

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Those who refused to pay can find their utilities like electricity and water cut off.

In most housing villages the supply is individual to each house and my understanding is that actually you cannot "legally" cut these utilities for non payment of common fees?

Precisely why I just made my new house in a free public zone. I don't want to pay 20 - 30k for security each year or their silly maintenance costs that I will just do on my house itself. Roads are the Cities responsibility. I think BKK is around 30k as from hearing from my wife's sister.

On 8/8/2018 at 9:37 AM, sweatalot said:

not paying what he ows

no understanding that this is unlawful

then rightfully losing the law court

and then this 

still not caring what is right and what is not

big ego - no brain

prison and forced to pay might teach him 

His parents must be rich, if you know what I mean.... :goof:

He should be excluded from the common area, thus blocked from the gate and road until all back fees are paid! Typical spineless Association management I’d reckon.

Totally off-topic but in US (California) if you don’t pay association fees your property can be seized and auctioned off within 90 days. No such Thai law?

11 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Typical spineless Association management I’d reckon.

They took him to court, didn't they? That's about as much as they can do. And let's not forget how vindictive and violent some Thais can be when slighted, which makes the committee members somewhat nervous about legal action.

Also, the court can order a lien to be placed on the turd's property (not mentioned in the story), meaning he can't sell or rent the property. He can't be shut out of the estate, but I believe his car key card can be cancelled or not renewed.

Oh, and this IS news. It involves legal and social issues.

16 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Totally off-topic but in US (California) if you don’t pay association fees your property can be seized and auctioned off within 90 days. No such Thai law?

Same same with Homeowners Associations in Texas. The "lawn nazi's" have powers well above their pay grade and one can lose your home if you don't cut your grass or leave your wheelie bin out after it has been emptied.

They took him to court, didn't they? That's about as much as they can do. And let's not forget how vindictive and violent some Thais can be when slighted, which makes the committee members somewhat nervous about legal action.

Also, the court can order a lien to be placed on the turd's property (not mentioned in the story), meaning he can't sell or rent the property. He can't be shut out of the estate, but I believe his car key card can be cancelled or not renewed.

Oh, and this IS news. It involves legal and social issues.

It took 4 years to get my Condo manager to remove abandoned vehicles because “we not know who car” the finally convinced that “influential person” wouldn’t care about decades old heaps.

On 8/7/2018 at 10:37 PM, sweatalot said:

not paying what he ows

no understanding that this is unlawful

then rightfully losing the law court

and then this 

still not caring what is right and what is not

big ego - no brain

prison and forced to pay might teach him 

I can understand there may be disputes, services not provided for fees paid, etc. .  But in this day and age of video surveillance and CCTVs, doing things like this is likely to just create more problems for you.  Sometimes you just have to walk away and take the defeat, whether you liked it or not