Beach deserted but clean today

Chivas

7 minutes ago, lapd said:

With all the people sitting around looking for a way to make some money, they should set up a booth on the beach and give people something like 10 baht for every kilogram of garbage they collect.  The beach would probably be spotless.  It would easily pay for itself in tourism.  That's such an eyesore right now and should not be acceptable in a supposed beach town.  They should also be doing something about the raw sewage.  I know they keep talking about it but nothing seems to get done.  

All the Thais will save their garbage and cash in at the beach. Better have a row of garbage trucks ready ...?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, rickudon said:

All the Thais will save their garbage and cash in at the beach. Better have a row of garbage trucks ready ...?

That is why I said set up a booth at the beach.   Of course you can't just hand out money for garbage if you don't know where it comes from.

It never used to be this bad. Not sure why the last few years it has gotten a lot worse. Maybe they just don't bother to clean it up anymore.  I think the beach vendors who set up their chairs daily would clean it up.  So once they started kicking some of them out or shaking them down or whatever they stopped doing it. 

Edited by lapd

I see the usual crew have arrived claiming pattaya has no beach blah blah blah and offering alternative photos.

Comedy gold. City hall damned if they clean damned if they dont

Nevertheless the word on the street from the businesses closing day after day is that numbers have been decimated and frankly with a growing economy the baht is unlikely to weaken further against the greenback

For brits we need to sort sterling out against that dollar before we ever see 50+ again and with a no deal brexit almost a certainty we are going into the 30's absolutely nailed on. Sterling only has to dip another 8 cents and we're there anyway

Edited by Chivas

Posting a photo of Pattaya beach on a no umbrella/chair day in low season is just a perfect way to scare people from coming to Pattaya. Without umbrellas the beach will always look empty as the only people who dont like them are the Thais and the Cheap Charlies who dont want to pay. Who goes to Pattaya beach anyway. Jomtien and Ban Amphur much better.

Edited by jimn

7 hours ago, jimn said:

Who goes to Pattaya beach anyway. Jomtien and Ban Amphur much better.

Stupid tourists are the only ones I would think.  Most of those beach vendors rip you off on food and drink as well.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 5:57 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Thailand is no longer good value for Europeans and hasn't been for a long time, and it's not all down to the exchange rate. Beer and wine are far, far cheaper in many European countries (10 baht a can of beer in Spain, for example), and food there is of a far, far higher quality. So why spend hundreds of pounds/euros flying to Thailand when cheaper and better is only an hours flight away, or even there at home.

Girls, hotel prices, value for money in general with the exception of beer and wine, wide range of excellent quality food to match a wide range of budgets, winter weather, cultural depth and variety etc etc

Edited by The manic
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, The manic said:

Girls, hotel prices, value for money in general with the exception of beer and wine, wide range of excellent quality food to match a wide range of budgets, winter weather, cultural depth and variety etc etc

Beer is cheap compared to a lot of western countries.  Not sure what you are comparing it to.  I cannot find better value on hotels anywhere else in the world.  That is the biggest or second biggest expense for most people.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1