UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The Brexit Short: How Hedge Funds Used Private Polls to Make Millions

"Private polls—and a timely ‘concession’ from the face of Leave—allowed the funds to make millions off the pound’s collapse."

Hiya RR, where ya bin. 

Yes been down that road in the past, its been explained about JRM if people choose not to believe it, up to them. ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Hiya RR, where ya bin. 

Hi Vogie - I spent the last week soaking in the hot springs of Beppu and hunting for the best ramen in town. Did I miss anything interesting?

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes been down that road in the past, its been explained about JRM if people choose not to believe it, up to them. ????

Ah yes, the argument without end...

Rees-Mogg is a very divisive character - just how he manages to rally so many proles to his corner is a constant source of wonderment (and a not inconsiderable amount of despair) to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Ah yes, the argument without end...

Rees-Mogg is a very divisive character - just how he manages to rally so many proles to his corner is a constant source of wonderment (and a not inconsiderable amount of despair) to me

You can say that again.

Whether one's politics are to the right or to the left, I am absolutely flummoxed as to how or why the working class (wo)man would possibly think the likes of Rees-Mogg or Boris Johnson have their back. If I live to see 100 I will never understand it...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Have you seen the opposition, however bad May is the country still has more faith in her than JC.

Only just. Don't forget the current government had to team up with the DUP in order to form a majority...

1 minute ago, baboon said:

You can say that again.

Whether one's politics are to the right or to the left, I am absolutely flummoxed as to how or why the working class (wo)man would possibly think the likes of Rees-Mogg or Boris Johnson have their back. If I live to see 100 I will never understand it...

Many would question the attraction of JC, DA and of course JM. 

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes, May to blame again, to say she messed up the General Election would be an understatement. JC and the rest of the Marxist movement should be history. When she needed the support of the country she decided to up taxes, mess about with the pensions whilst J Corbyn was offering free everything (Corbynomics). She listened to her advisors, who was promptly sacked after the election, she has been the worst PM in history (probably), she has lied and not fulfilled her promises.

Now she won't listen to anybody, I just hope for the countrys sake she is replaced very soon, but in the back of my mind, I fear she will linger on.

Can't stand the woman either. But to get back on topic, I still support her Brexit deal. Sure, it pleases nobody, but what else can one expect when the country is so deeply polarised?

And before you ask, no, I don't think Jeremy Corbyn could have made a better job of it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, vogie said:

Have you seen the opposition, however bad May is the country still has more faith in her than JC.

have

don't fall into the trap of mixing long term policies and current short term leader

there are ways and means that Labour could be given the tiller without JC steering

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Can't stand the woman either. But to get back on topic, I still support her Brexit deal. Sure, it pleases nobody, but what else can one expect when the country is so deeply polarised?

And before you ask, no, I don't think Jeremy Corbyn could have made a better job of it.

maybe not,

I think an interesting question is,

would the deal look the same today if Tory enjoyed a clear majority without any DUP support?

• Like 1

The real causes of Brexit....

And the Australian has spotted something of how Britain has changed this decade. George Orwell is among those who once sang of this country’s “gentleness” and its sense of fair play.

What Alston has seen is a society now visiting tremendous violence on its poorest members: those with disabilities, women in poverty, asylum seekers and children. The connection between the brutality of our economic system and the callous, careerist chaos of Brexit Westminster is all too easy to see.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/16/epitaph-theresa-may-goverment-damning-un-report

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

I have no problem with Labour, Labour have some fine MPs, I would struggle to find any in JCs cabinet at the moment. Don't forget when JC was voted in to the leaders job, nobody but nobody wanted to work with him, only misfits Dianne Abbott and John Mcdonnall.

Do not forget JC has been saying for all his political career how much he hates the EU, now all of a sudden he's a born again europhile, "all brexit options are on the table" I just wonder sometimes if he is being worked from behind by Kier Starmer.

many UKers feel like that, that is why I said

there are ways and means that Labour could be given the tiller without JC steering

• Like 1

Just now, melvinmelvin said:

many UKers feel like that, that is why I said

They would still be voting for JC, the UK is still very orientated by the leaders charisma, but having said that, the young appear to find him very charismatic, they believe everything he says, troubling times.????

17 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Having the market of 70 million is nothing to sneeze at, particularly in a relatively affluent population.

Anyone that thinks big-business is going to throw a market that size away out of spite is not thinking clearly.

I worked for a Fortune 50 company that put a plant in Thailand just to serve the domestic market, a much smaller market than the UK.

70 million people with vastly reduced economic stature ....

One quarter of young people will consider leaving Britain after brexit because of the reduced prospects there - the ones that go will be the ones that we need, those with the very same skills we need to rebuild the economy . 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/young-may-head-for-exit-after-brexit-gssv3fmsk

The survey found a sharp generational divide in attitudes, with the 18-34 age group consistently more pessimistic about post-Brexit opportunities. About 43 per cent of younger workers said they believed that high-skilled job opportunities would move from the UK to the EU after Brexit, while only 19 per cent disagreed

Mark Brownridge, director-general of the EISA, said: “Any policy that prevents moving across the globe for work would be detrimental for UK small businesses, so it is a priority for the government to ensure that free movement of travel across borders is maintained.”

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, vogie said:

They would still be voting for JC, the UK is still very orientated by the leaders charisma, but having said that, the young appear to find him very charismatic, they believe everything he says, troubling times.????

And the old believed everything the brexiters said,,..

troubling times indeed

• Like 1