UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

You have a very distorted view of essential. There are only 6 GPS systems worldwide, US,EU,China,Russia,Japan and India and you believe that it is essential that the UK creates a 7th, more important than peoples health and well being.

While I generally agree, proponents argue national security.

Does the state run the cell service? If not let the providers (i. e. users) pay for it .

There's been a lot of tosh posted about workers being exploited by the EU.

The truth is after Brexit, workers rights, civil rights and consumer rights will be decimated

It's like people voted deliberately to hand over power to the rich and powerful.here's a couple of daily examples...

https://news.sky.com/video/two-legal-rights-that-will-disapear-after-brexit-11547482?fbclid=IwAR0ghcE_5GJaasVRCcNuIfd1bSfF6KKAJxsyOn_tkfehiy-cQTm8PD60Ebg

Edited by kwilco
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, nontabury said:

My God, so he’d another none Brit, who likes to lecture us on the benefits???? of paying into this none democratic so called Union. There does seem to be quite a few of them on these threads. I wonder why.

The same reason that we all comment on Trump and Merkel or bar brawling in Pattaya.  Everyone has an opinion and posters are all eligible to state theirs.  In this case it happens to be a very savvy poster although even the dumber TV members also have the right to post on any subject they choose to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mogandave said:

While I generally agree, proponents argue national security.

Does the state run the cell service? If not let the providers (i. e. users) pay for it .

After Brexit all mobile services will cost more.

1 minute ago, kwilco said:

After Brexit all mobile services will cost more.

Whilst we don't know for sure just what the costs of Brexit will be I think we can be sure that nothing will be cheaper, no matter what it is!

But a deal is close, very close.  I can feel the hot breath on the back of my neck as my belt buckle is loosened, my trousers eased down and I am gently tilted forward.  All I have to do now is "Brace!" ????

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Whilst we don't know for sure just what the costs of Brexit will be I think we can be sure that nothing will be cheaper, no matter what it is!

But a deal is close, very close.  I can feel the hot breath on the back of my neck as my belt buckle is loosened, my trousers eased down and I am gently tilted forward.  All I have to do now is "Brace!" ????

I don't think it will make much difference Keir Starmer said Labour will vote it down.

38 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You have a very distorted view of essential. There are only 6 GPS systems worldwide, US,EU,China,Russia,Japan and India and you believe that it is essential that the UK creates a 7th, more important than peoples health and well being.

gps up and running

galileo mostly up and running

russia up and running

japan ???????????????

india ???????????????

china, getting there

when the chap commented I interpreted his essential to refer to signal quality for guiding nukes

(may be wrong here though)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sandyf said:

gps up and running

russia up and running

japan ???????????????

india ???????????????

china, getting there

when the chap commented I interpreted his essential to refer to signal quality for guiding nukes

53 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Well spotted Bill, they demolished some prefabs and built some new houses so we effectively moved across the road. My father had the workmen move the Anderson shelter to the new house and it is still there to this day.

There was also many of us in the same boat but there was unspoken segregation, not that anyone knew what the word meant in those days, the kids from 'snob hill' did not mix with the kids from the huts.

As you know I also went in the RAF, my father effectively kicked me out when I left school as there were 3 of us in one bedroom. I did my interview at Cardington when I was 15 but they wouldn't let me join straight away and was deferred to Jan 64, I worked in the woods cutting firewood for the 6 months prior. Once in the service life became a whole lot better, but never financially, couple of messy divorces saw to that. Getting ripped off by a woman is not unique to Thailand, in fact probably better of now in general terms than I have ever been.

Going back as a couple is not an option as my wife wouldn't want it, a couple of weeks is more than enough for her, so every chance I will end up scattered across the garden, probably just as well as the way things are going it is unlikely I could afford a funeral in the UK.

Yes funeral about 3.5 k to 4 k for nothing fancy! Seems a lot for a couple of cars a chipboard box and a hot oven. But the UK is expensive!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Close your eyes and think of England!????

32 minutes ago, kwilco said:

The truth is after Brexit, workers rights, civil rights and consumer rights will be decimated

It's like people voted deliberately to hand over power to the rich and powerful.here's a couple of daily examples...

https://news.sky.com/video/two-legal-rights-that-will-disapear-after-brexit-11547482?fbclid=IwAR0ghcE_5GJaasVRCcNuIfd1bSfF6KKAJxsyOn_tkfehiy-cQTm8PD60Ebg

by and large, I think you have a point here

15 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

gps up and running

russia up and running

japan ???????????????

india ???????????????

china, getting there

The EU won’t be guiding nukes they’re for the big boys Nukes have their very special targeting system and deployment systems controlled mainly by the US.

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Why do you always feel the need to resort to insults against those with a different opinion?

Anyone with any intelligence at all would, by now, have realised that an 'argument' devoid of comment - and consisting only of insults - is pointless ????.....

I was supporting the previous post:

"Leave is what a minority of the British people voted for it's the majority  of the population who are  being ridden roughshod over by the brexiteers. "

I mean what I say. I don't wish to insult anybody but I am not prepared to roll over for a bunch of nincompoops!

Edited by Grouse
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

Funny how wages are going up faster than any period since 2007?

Rater have the rich actually at least they are successful more than the EU gravy chain club!

11 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I think it is fair to say that the majority of the electorate didn't vote to leave.  30% of the electorate didn't vote at all so we don't know how many would have opted to leave.  Best to say the country was split and remains so today.  The numbers are irrelevant now unless there was another referendum and that is highly unlikely.  However with the current situation the peoples vote on the outcome of the negotiations is gaining a lot of ground.  That appears to be with both sides warming to the idea.  After all we are all being screwed here.

If you can’t be bothered to vote you don’t count.

Remain lost it was a margin of 8% but guess I will have to discuss how to math again for the remainers and percentages.

28 minutes ago, Grouse said:

"Leave is what a minority of the British people voted for it's the majority  of the population who are  being ridden roughshod over by the brexiteers. "

I mean what I say. I don't wish to insult anybody but I am not prepared to roll over for a bunch of nincompoops!

Nope we won 53 46% that’s easy to remember anything above 50% was a win so we won remain lost.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You did insult people we expect better of you in fact. You usually make such reasoned arguments. Obviously with wrong out comes but reasonable enough for a europhile!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Grouse said:

We won in the people’s vote please look carefully anything above 50% wins below 50% loose.

So the brilliant leave voters won by a margin of 8%

8 hours ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

I also did Bill.

The signature requirement was met and surpassed about a week ago apparently. My dad also signed it. I sent him the link in the late morning - Thai time, he singed by around 3pm GMT the same day, by which time a further c.600 signatures had been added. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maXWm_mBgZw

- Worth a watch. It's an interesting debate that gets to the heart of the 'peoples vote' (cringes) issue among others. I respect the intellect of both, but Hitchens has integrity and principles, something Lord Adonis quite clearly needs a lesson in.  I know who I agree with too. Not sure I fully agree with PH about the Norway plan though. 

Thank you

That was an excellent debate and addresses exactly the issues we should be discussing. These gents would be welcome in my carriage on the way to Brussels! Both would make excellent prime ministers!

I urge all Brexiters here to listen to the discussion and think about it.

• Like 1