UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

what kind of bah bah bo bo is this?

violating treaties? where on earth do you get that from?

Juncker is very far from being the decision maker here,

the decision makers is the heads of states body

several have already expressed that they are open to changes

Did Mutti really say that?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any of you remainers know whats happening in France,

and still want to remain?

What is happening in France? French people are showing their will of life on the streets of Paris. Isn't that what they have done as long as we can remember?

They are showing people's vote on the streets, while in UK people are simply discussing about the idea of people's vote.

What really happens in France is that people are tired of waiting for better times. Macron is doing some major changes and it takes time for the results to be shown. People are getting frustrated. Macron said he'll get the changes done, even if his popularity plunges. That's leadership in my books. 

10% is perhaps being a little generous? ????

I don't make the same distinctions as you though. Brexiteers seem to have among them some of the more intelligent and able politicians.

Compare these two sets as an example.

JRM / Farage / D Davis / BoJo / C.Grayling / Kate Hoey / Gisela Stuart and M.Gove.

JRM is a fool - he's good at playing the part of a Toff, but is a man of no real substance, breaks down when faced with difficult questions.A soundbite pollition 

Farage is also someone who likes to play a part - the bloke down the pub in his case - he withers too under difficult questions 

D Davis is just lazy - probably incompetent too, but he never puts enough effort in to be sure either way.

boJo Is cleaver, but uses that intelligence to avoid doing work - he too plays the loveable buffoon, but is a nasty piece of work who would sell his own grandmother if it bought him political advantage. 

I've no idea what Hoey is doing in the Labour party   

Farage being banned from EU parliament would be a great thing ????. but let's not forget, he also was a product of UK. 

I suppose it's now time for Britain to be on the sidelines, to really think through what Britain is, what British people are worth compared to the rest of the European people.

After a decade or so, Britain can perhaps re-apply to become a member of EU once again. With Euro and Schengen, naturally. We wouldn't want to have half members joining us at that point anymore.

As a democratically elected MEP, Farage being banned by and from the EU Parliament would, of course, be undemocratic...but let's not forget its the EU we are dealing with here. ???? 

JRM is a fool - he's good at playing the part of a Toff, but is a man of no real substance, breaks down when faced with difficult questions.A soundbite pollition 

Farage is also someone who likes to play a part - the bloke down the pub in his case - he withers too under difficult questions 

D Davis is just lazy - probably incompetent too, but he never puts enough effort in to be sure either way.

boJo Is cleaver, but uses that intelligence to avoid doing work - he too plays the loveable buffoon, but is a nasty piece of work who would sell his own grandmother if it bought him political advantage. 

JRM is nothing more than a blonde aristocrat with fake boobs.. sorry fake accent.

What is happening in France? French people are showing their will of life on the streets of Paris. Isn't that what they have done as long as we can remember?

They are showing people's vote on the streets, while in UK people are simply discussing about the idea of people's vote.

What really happens in France is that people are tired of waiting for better times. Macron is doing some major changes and it takes time for the results to be shown. People are getting frustrated. Macron said he'll get the changes done, even if his popularity plunges. That's leadership in my books. 

Or perhaps they are showing that Macron couldn't lead a troop of baboons. 

10% is perhaps being a little generous? ????

I don't make the same distinctions as you though. Brexiteers seem to have among them some of the more intelligent and able politicians.

Compare these two sets as an example.

JRM / Farage / D Davis / BoJo / C.Grayling / Kate Hoey / Gisela Stuart and M.Gove.

vs

Clegg / Milliband / Cameron / Soubry / D.Abbott ???? / E.Thornberry ???? and T.Blair! ????

No contest. Whatever you think of their personal politics, the Brexiteers have the intelligent, knowledgeable politicians in the fold - they generally a have damn sight more integrity too. Not Gove/BoJo so much, perhaps, but you get the point....or probably don't, as the case may be.

is that the best you can come up with?

cloudy days ahead for UK

C.Grayling / Kate Hoey / Gisela Stuart and M.Gove.

vs

Clegg / Milliband / Soubry / D.Abbott ???? / E.Thornberry ????

good luck

Less people voted for Brexit ( unless you meant fewer people?)

Yes you are correct Less people voted to Remain in the EU hence they are the 48% while as we all know more people voted to leave the EU hence they are the 52%

No I think he meant Brexiters are lesser beings as they don't understand the dichotomy between countable and uncountable nouns... 

Wait till the post Brexit shortages hit !

That is exactly what is happening in France now.

The EU is pulling the stings of austerity. Macron

has no say, he must follow EU commandments.

I'm going start selling yellow vests in the UK if we

remain.  Brexies always have good eye for business.

Order now for your discount + 52%

No I think he meant Brexiters are lesser beings as they don't understand the dichotomy between countable and uncountable nouns... 

I think it's silly to go back to the time and compare how people voted during the referendum.

It's silly because at that time people were angry and they voted against the Tory government, which probably wasn't performing well at the time. 

The people of UK didn't really vote to exit UK as they had absolutely no idea what that would mean in real life terms. 

The people who voted did not really vote to exit the EU. They voted to give two fingers to the government. 

That's also the reason why Britain hasn't exited the EU by now. The people know how bad idea it really is and don't want to do it, even if their angry vote at the time said so. 

On the EU side of point, this is rather entertaining episode of British arrogant stupidity. 

"I know these self harming actions hurt me so much, but I'm waiting the EU to tell me to stop harming myself."

That's what Brexit looks like. 

As a democratically elected MEP, Farage being banned by and from the EU Parliament would, of course, be undemocratic...but let's not forget its the EU we are dealing with here. ???? 

Farage is a child with tarentum issues. Not a person to be taken seriously.

Don't fall for his nonsense he is on a wind up,he's graduated to throwing a dead sheep on the table as his cats aren't garnering enough attention. 

I think it's silly to go back to the time and compare how people voted during the referendum.

It's silly because at that time people were angry and they voted against the Tory government, which probably wasn't performing well at the time. 

The people of UK didn't really vote to exit UK as they had absolutely no idea what that would mean in real life terms. 

The people who voted did not really vote to exit the EU. They voted to give two fingers to the government. 

That's also the reason why Britain hasn't exited the EU by now. The people know how bad idea it really is and don't want to do it, even if their angry vote at the time said so. 

On the EU side of point, this is rather entertaining episode of British arrogant stupidity. 

"I know these self harming actions hurt me so much, but I'm waiting the EU to tell me to stop harming myself."

you are generous - two fingers

I limit myself to one, but to compensate I offer the longest one  the middle one

you are generous - two fingers

I limit myself to one, but to compensate I offer the longest one  the middle one

Towards who?

Now now, you can't use the GE to endorse brexit, because both major parties where endorsing it and FPTP makes voting for a minor party a wasted vote. 

If voters REALLY felt that strongly in favour of remaining there would have been an upswelling of support for the LibDems.

There wasn't because a large proportion of those 48% who voted to remain (unlike some people I could mention), supported democracy and justed want the country to get on with Brexit - hence why more than 80% of the electorate voted for parties pledging to do exactly that.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If voters REALLY felt that strongly in favour of remaining there would have been an upswelling of support for the LibDems.

There wasn't because a large proportion of those 48% who voted to remain (unlike some people I could mention), supported democracy and justed want the country to get on with Brexit - hence why more than 80% of the electorate voted for parties pledging to do exactly that.

When you vote against the offered brexit deal, that's it. Hard brexiteers will get what they wanted all along. They probably didn't understand what the deal they wanted included, but they got it anyway.

JRM is nothing more than a blonde aristocrat with fake boobs.. sorry fake accent.

You know them all personally do you and you have had in depth interviews with all of them?

Or is that just your opinion, that of just one person or are you speaking on behalf of every person in the EU (but not me or any other Brexiteer).

BS detector.gif

I didn't, and I was around when the GBP was in the high 80s in Thb.

Sigh. I miss those good old days

just  emptied my UK savings account , today  GBP only 41.68 baht .  

Good  luck , and  God  bless any  TV members ,  resident  in Thailand .

Severe winter expected , minus 40 , and falling . 

You know them all personally do you and you have had in depth interviews with all of them?

Or is that just your opinion, that of just one person or are you speaking on behalf of every person in the EU (but not me or any other Brexiteer).

It's naturally just my opinion based of my life experience meeting and evaluating various people. Did you thought I was Junker in disguise, spending my time here on Thaivisa? 

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about as usual.

When you vote against the offered brexit deal, that's it. Hard brexiteers will get what they wanted all along. They probably didn't understand what the deal they wanted included, but they got it anyway.

Again.

It's naturally just my opinion based of my life experience meeting and evaluating various people. Did you thought I was Junker in disguise, spending my time here on Thaivisa? 

Actually you have confirmed what I have thought for quite a while.

Again.

Archived