Extending stay - living in hotels

8 hours ago, onera1961 said:

I did the same for the first nine month of my O-A. Now rented a condo for the next 15 months at least. The agent was nice to do a TM30 and gave me the receipt. Can I do a 90-day now online? This will be my first 90-day. I am in Jomiten? Or the first one has to be done by in-person?

Personally I recommend you do your first 90 day in person, if you've never visited the office before.

Although you could in theory do an online 90 day, they may not approve it, having no personal details of you on their local system.

By all means try the online reporting, but don't be surprised to get the message 'visit your office'.

8 hours ago, onera1961 said:

How much is the fine? Is it cumulative (for each missed 90-day)? I read stories about big jokes arresting people for not doing 90-day reporting.

The standard fine for late or not doing 90 day reports is 2000 baht. The maximum fine is 5000 baht.

That was just another reason for them being picked up. There is no jail time mentioned in the immigration act for not doing 90 day reports.

10 hours ago, jkthai said:

quick question for wake up , how do you manage proving address/ residence for banks etc ,

I  am in a similar position re staying in hotels , but getting requests for residency permits and things

For my first bank account at Bangkok Bank I got a certificate of residence from the USA embassy and used the Darwin hotel on soi 4 as my address. That is where I stayed for two weeks. To get a certificate of residence from CW you must have done at least one 90 day report.  To renew my drivers license to a five year license last year I got a certificate of residence from CW because it was cheaper than the 50 dollar fee at the USA embassy and I had done a 90 day report by mail. 

I know at least two guys that live in hotels in Pattaya that have extensions of stay. One stays at same thai owned hotel every year for 7 months. The other stays at different hotels using Agoda. They both told me the Pattaya immigration wants you to be in a hotel or condo for three months to get an extension of stay in Pattaya. I can’t verify if that is true but the guys are trustworthy.  In Bangkok they never asked me how long I was staying in the hotel but I did stay three weeks. 

Since years I do my extension in Pattaya. Stay 2 or 3 months always in the same place there, once renewal extension done, I move to Bangkok for the rest of the year (no TM30 needed in BKK. ).

I do my 90 days report on line with adress from Pattaya. 

So far no problem. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Since years I do my extension in Pattaya. Stay 2 or 3 months always in the same place there, once renewal extension done, I move to Bangkok for the rest of the year (no TM30 needed in BKK. ).

I do my 90 days report on line with adress from Pattaya. 

Do you have a permanent place in Pattaya? If not, how can you do 90-day reporting from Pattaya?

10 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Do you have a permanent place in Pattaya? If not, how can you do 90-day reporting from Pattaya?

Once you have done the extension where you stay temporarily does not affect the 90 day reporting. They don't ask for proof you are staying at the same address.

Since he is doing them online he never has to go to immigration in person until he applies for his next extension. Doing them by mail makes it a little more complicated since the address on the return envelope has to match the address shown on the TM47 form.

Permanent is a relative word I assume.

I stay at this condotel in Pattaya for the last 10 years.

In the beginning for all year long, then sometimes going back to Belgium for a few months.

Last year  was there about 8 months ( 2 x 4 }.

This year only 4 { 2 x 2 ), the rest in Bangkok.

Next year I only plan to stay 2 months, the rest again in Bangkok.

After that will see, maybe I will stay than for 1 year in Bangkok and change my address.

Immigration in Pattaya more easy, Bangkok hundreds of people.

Will also depend what will going on with the conditions to obtain an extension.

16 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Permanent is a relative word I assume.

I meant you rent it for the whole year or own it. You stay there or not is immaterial. I have permanent home in the USA but I hardly stay there even when I am in the USA

Edited by onera1961

Hotels, etc, have to report guests when they arrive using the TM30 system.... but no need to report when they leave.

I doubt the TI systems tracks each and every movement from arrival TM30 at one place via all other TM30 arrivals, until they get one back at the original "registered" permanent place of residence.

Combine this with some down-market guesthouses not registering at all, and it's a total shambles. 

But then what else would we expect...?  

Edited by steve73