At 'America First Energy Conference', solar power is dumb, climate change is fake

webfact

When i was young i lived at the seaside,i remember that you could see the outline of some houses at low tide my grandfather said that a long time
ago there used to be people living there ,that the sea had risen ,suppose it must have been global warming then as well.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

When i was young i lived at the seaside,i remember that you could see the outline of some houses at low tide my grandfather said that a long time
ago there used to be people living there ,that the sea had risen ,suppose it must have been global warming then as well.

How old are you?

Is your understanding of science limited to what you Grandfather, who I'm sure was a wonderful man, conveyed to you as a lad?

And why would that make wind or solar power "dumb"?

Nevermind, wouldn't want to see your head explode.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There should be loads of photos of houses in the sea then, where are they all?

You'd think such a happening would be newsworthy?

Well, if they're in the sea they would be hard to see/photograph. Right?

But, there are. It is.

Do you live in a cave?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

How old are you?

Is your understanding of science limited to what you Grandfather, who I'm sure was a wonderful man, conveyed to you as a lad?

And why would that make wind or solar power "dumb"?

Nevermind, wouldn't want to see your head explode.

You are a very ignorant person arnt you? Who are you to denigrate either me or what my grandfather told me( and by the way it was common knowledge). And i have never ever denigrsted wind or solar power,or perhaps you can tell me which posts i am supposed to have

4 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Your right and most of those climate change believers are right there . The world has always changed ,the river Thames used to freeze over and they held fairs on it ,they used to grow grapes in England in the middle ages and as for rising sea levels once you could walk from England to France but then all the animals letting off wind raised sea levels.

if you believe go to church. Here it's about evidence, evidence proved by science. Climate change is a fact. Has nothing to do with belief, God, Allah, Buddha or other non existing fetishes

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

You can't just dismiss scientific evidence. Scientific research is behind everything we do in the modern world, from the relatively simple driving a car over a bridge, to putting a man on the moon, and finding cures to a very large number of life threatening diseases. 

However if you are one of a very small minority who believes something few others do, - in this case that climate change isn't happening - you should be prepared to consider the possibility, that this is not because you are a uniquely talented genius with rare insight denied to other mortals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nigel Garvie said:

You can't just dismiss scientific evidence. Scientific research is behind everything we do in the modern world, from the relatively simple driving a car over a bridge, to putting a man on the moon, and finding cures to a very large number of life threatening diseases. 

However if you are one of a very small minority who believes something few others do, - in this case that climate change isn't happening - you should be prepared to consider the possibility, that this is not because you are a uniquely talented genius with rare insight denied to other mortals.

First, I'm not sure anthropomorphic climate change has much real science behind it. 

It's not as if climate scientists are the cream of the scientific world, and if there was a nice government grant involved, I'm betting most of them could 'prove' the moon was made of cheese (if the money was right, I'd give it a go too).

Climate change happens, but humans probably not only have nothing to do with it, but couldn't if they tried (unless they fired all their nukes in one go).

As for me being a 'uniquely talented genius', I'm betting my degrees and postgrad awards will be far more impressive than yours (or anyone else posting on this forum).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

A mate of mine has a beach house, been visiting him there for the past 50 years, the sea is still where it was, and his house is still dry.

Funny how all these sea level increases are places you've never been!

The sea is still exactly where it was? Not a centimeter higher? And you know this because the house was built exactly at the high tide level and not a centimeter higher? Kind of nonsensical what you're claiming.

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

First, I'm not sure anthropomorphic climate change has much real science behind it. 

It's not as if climate scientists are the cream of the scientific world, and if there was a nice government grant involved, I'm betting most of them could 'prove' the moon was made of cheese (if the money was right, I'd give it a go too).

Climate change happens, but humans probably not only have nothing to do with it, but couldn't if they tried (unless they fired all their nukes in one go).

As for me being a 'uniquely talented genius', I'm betting my degrees and postgrad awards will be far more impressive than yours (or anyone else posting on this forum).

I doubt that some who could write an unsubstantiated "It's not as if climate scientists are the cream of the scientific world," is himself or herself the cream of anything.

And given the disputes among climatologists about various aspects of ACC, makes your bet so unlikely as to be ridiculous. Unless of course there is some central command that coordinates apparent disagreements among climatologists with the goal of making climate science look legitimate.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think you are being somewhat self centred in imagining that the 'uniquely talented genius' tag belonged to you. I did not quote anyone in my post on purpose, and it relates to any of the number of people who have questioned the climate change science here.

It is a sad state of affairs that the earth's human population has been the culprit of so much destruction on the planet Earth.  However that is the case. Whether it is rain forests, killing of of hundreds of thousands of animals, pollution or climate change, mankind is responsible.Nothing is going to change because the western nations have a few solar panels or windmills. The growing populations of India, China, Indonesia, the African continent will be the nail in the coffin in whatever happens. In my lifetime, I will not suffer because of climate change.  I will continue to drive my big SUV and be happy that I don't have to worry about gas prices. Life is to short for me to worry about this.  It's unfortunate but without less human habitation on the planet nothing will get better.  If countries would put limits on the number of children that could be born to a couple then I might pitch in and do my part, but that's not going to happen so I am not giving It much thought.  I feel more sorry for the animal population than I do for the human population.

6 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Roughly 97% of climate scientists agree that global warming is occurring and is human-caused.  So you know more than the scientists?  May we ask what your qualifications are to render such judgement?  Nevermind, you don't have any.

And 95% of astrophysicists may disagree.  They understand the 25,000 year of the orbit of the Earth around the Sun and the multi-million year orbit of the Sun through the galaxy known as the Milky Way( hint the sun wobbles up and down through a very bad patch of rocks every 130 million years or so.  Dinosaurs becoming extinct 65,000,000 years or so wasn't random.  It was inevitable.  ...google the four mass extinctions)   But they are true scientists.... Not the same as the crew who are always creating a drama to secure on going funding. 

I'm not saying we should not care for our environment but we shouldn't overdo it. The Earth was fine before humans came along and will be OK for billions of years after we have gone. 

We are simply one more species that will come and go. 

I'm off to the beach in a belching tuk tuk for a smoke.  Happy stressing guys. 

Shame Al Gore lost his election and had to find a second job. 

Edited by tryasimight
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

according to a dumb fake president.......what would you expect....?

Funny comment.  He is a real live President as far as I understand the term. You may not agree with him but that takes nothing away from the reality of the real world most of us live in. 

• Like 1

Just now, tryasimight said:

Funny comment.  He is a real live President as far as I understand the term. You may not agree with him but that takes nothing away from the reality of the real world most of us live in. 

a "real" president would care for his country and his people but not telling more than 100 lies a day. I reckon any other monkey would take better decisions than him

2 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I don't think too many people deny climate change is happening ( it used to be called global warming until that didn't stand up to real world testing)  but many people can see through the charlatans who simply want funding by the general public taxation to further their own ' scientific' ideals. Cough cough. 

The general public has had a gutful of increasing prices for everything based on non proven science encouraged by the many members of the green movement who don't appear to have active employment but still have sufficient funds to be present at every anti anything protest. 

I dream did the day when no representation without taxation becomes a reality. 

I'm sick of the bludgers deciding how my money should be spent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

And 95% of astrophysicists may disagree.  They understand the 25,000 year of the orbit of the Earth around the Sun and the multi-million year orbit of the Sun through the galaxy known as the Milky Way( hint the sun wobbles up and down through a very bad patch of rocks every 130 million years or so.  Dinosaurs becoming extinct 65,000,000 years or so wasn't random.  It was inevitable.  ...google the four mass extinctions)   But they are true scientists.... Not the same as the crew who are always creating a drama to secure on going funding. 

I'm not saying we should not care for our environment but we shouldn't overdo it. The Earth was fine before humans came along and will be OK for billions of years after we have gone. 

We are simply one more species that will come and go. 

I'm off to the beach in a belching tuk tuk for a smoke.  Happy stressing guys. 

Shame Al Gore lost his election and had to find a second job. 

What do asteroid strikes have to do with the issue of current climate change?

And if you house just started to be on fire would you say don't worry because in 50 years the house will probably not be in good enough shape to live in?

And since you're clearly have such a scientific mentality I'm sure you have data to prove that climatologists are "creating drama to secure ongoing funding."

And given the tone of your comments, I bet that beach you're going to is located somewhere in Mordor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

a "real" president would care for his country and his people but not telling more than 100 lies a day. I reckon any other monkey would take better decisions than him

Stand for election then. I can't vote in the USA but you have my full moral support. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

What do asteroid strikes have to do with the issue of current climate change?

And if you house just started to be on fire would you say don't worry because in 50 years the house will probably not be in good enough shape to live in?

And since you're clearly have such a scientific mentality I'm sure you have data to prove that climatologists are "creating drama to secure ongoing funding."

And given the tone of your comments, I bet that beach you're going to is located somewhere in Mordor.

Mordor is a work of fiction created by JRR Tolkien..... Much the same as many claims as the man made climate changed obsessives in our ranks. 

It seems you cannot and will not ( possibly never will)  understand science. 

50 years is the proverbial drop in the ocean when it comes to changes in the earth's climate.  Get some education and come back to me. 

As an aside.... New species are being discovered on the earth frequently.  Looks like old Charlie Darwin was right after all. 

• Like 1

I fully support recycling.  I recycle dinosaur and prehistoric tree products on a daily basis. 

Can't get more green than that,  can you? 

Doing my bit for the environment. 

The earth is actually greener now due to elevated co2 ....plant food than it was in the 1970's. That's a very inconvenient truth!! 

In the 1970's it was called greenhouse gases.  That didn't work out for the funding .  Then it was called Global warming..... Whoops..that didn't work so good either based on the science. Let's call it an unarguable term like climate change.  That'll work. 

And it has. 

Keep funding me and I'll keep providing the results you pay for.

It's the way scientists and university have performed for a very very long time. 

I work in what some may call high tech solutions for manufacturing and believe me the funding request for ' research ' are very frequent. 

Edited by tryasimight
  • Like 1

Troll, baiting posts removed along with some replies.   Making outrageous claims with no supporting evidence is not going to be tolerated.    Baiting other members into nonsensical discussions will earn you a suspension.  

If you know the basics of electrical hardware, theory and wiring it's a no brainer. Go solar. If you can understand the YouTube videos on the matter,  the prices work out to make it worthwhile even if just using a supplemental system. Go solar. Don't wait.  Do it now.  It's dumb not to do solar and dismiss it. 

52 minutes ago, stud858 said:

If you know the basics of electrical hardware, theory and wiring it's a no brainer. Go solar. If you can understand the YouTube videos on the matter,  the prices work out to make it worthwhile even if just using a supplemental system. Go solar. Don't wait.  Do it now.  It's dumb not to do solar and dismiss it. 

Yeah really? 

It now costs me money to own solar.  The generous buy in scheme provided by the green zealots to encourage solar died in the bum when faced with real world economic realities. 

Don't want to use the poles and power lines running past your house? Dream on.  I make a little but of income from my modest 1.5 kw installation.  About 150 per month when the house is empty.... One fridge running.

The state governments charges me a 100 dollar service fee.

Governments HATE  any system when the tree is no taxable income. 

The wires running past your house will eventually be a tax whether you use them or not. 

Go off grid of you can... 

No problem.. Unless there is a service you choose not to partake og

You will still pay. 

Another state in oz wanted to eat anyone who has a bore for water!!  A tax on rainfall effectively. 

I'll shut up now...