My Thai girlfriend got pregnant (4.5 months) - we've thought this through and think adoption is the best option

Christiano9321

Whilst I'm not taking one side or the other on abortion, you'll find it's quite legal in Thailand for a variety of reasons, much closer to the law in Europe than you think.
This is a better site:
http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2017/03/03/abortion-thailand-safe-legal-may-thought/
Correct.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 hours ago, Christiano9321 said:

She didnt want abortion so it's not an option. It's also way too late now in my opinion. Thank you for your feedback.

When we had the abortions, actually two in 15 months with the same girl, the clinics in Holland said we were too late when it turned out that she's already beginning of the sixth month.

I thought well, now you've got to bite the bitter apple and be a daddy, with a girl who slept not only with me. On our way out of a clinic, a nurse gave me a card of a clinic in Leiden, which means suffering, when using the German language.

After the abortion when they told me that we'd have had twins, I was asking the doctor, naive as I was, if I could see "them", not really knowing how stupid my question was. Being young and stupid is one thing, and I've got the feeling that this decision created many problems for me in the future.

I'd never ever go for an abortion again, our bigger hospitals have a baby give away door where you can leave a baby at night, without filling out various forms at the hospital. As an abortion isn't a topic for you, I'd still consider thinking about finding a way to let her give birth in a more developed country. The chances of finding a very good family are higher and the education is also a point that should be considered. 

Neither the cops nor the parents were informed. And the Indian ex-teacher then opened up an orphanage in the same city. I went to the tourist police I had a good connection with, but they were not interested in doing anything about this freak. A pedo who's running an orphanage was the most disgusting thing I've ever experienced. There's a high possibility that the guy's still in business. Be warned, Thailand is different. 

Edited by jenny2017
He wanted to buy beer and never came back...
  • Sad 1

It looks like you are to the point or past the point of a safe termination anyway. Have you heard the term "Blood is Thicker than Water" When your baby is born you will change your mind about giving it up for adoption or your girlfriend will do it for you. You are not in the poor house and it isn't the Victorian era. You will find a way to make it work. 

You can love a lot of things. You can love a lot of people. You wouldn't die for your Wife, Girlfriend, Mum, Dad or any one else for that matter but you would die for your child. That's how strong the love and bond is. It will give you the greatest pleasures in life. Also some real lows as well. Bit it holds no bounds. 

If you want to give away your own flesh and blood then you are not really human. You are just selfish. Having a child and loving a child is what makes us humans.

You should have been thinking with the big head and not the little head in the first place. Now you are in this situation you have to face your responsibilities and be a good father. You won't regret it in the long run. Kids don't ruin your life. Only you can do that. Kids enhance your life and help you become a better person. 

Keep the baby and do the best you can for her. Try to be a good parent. Its all anyone can ask. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why can’t you both look after the child

you made together?

welcome to life sweetheart. People like you are what’s wrong with the world. You just want to play and have fun and accept no responsibility or consequences for actions. Have you any idea how the child will feel and the issues they will have when they know they are adopted? Man up and get your crap together. Pathetic. Abortion is murder so don’t even think about it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Some unbelievably harsh responses here. So many TV posters seem to be lacking in humanity. Their idea of an argument is to take the moral high ground, refuse any rationale debate and condemn the opposition.

Anyway, if you both want to adopt your baby then there are plenty of married couples unable to have children, and desperate for a child.

Usual TV responses from all the perfect people of the world who have never made a mistake,  who strive to be the Alpha male on an anonymous forum in a veiled attempt to look tougher than the rest. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

You break up with girlfriends, or do they break up with you, as soon as they realize how insecure you really are? How do you realize that there's no future if you've never tried to go any further?

The thread is partly quite fascinating what kind of people are crawling out of their holes. Would you mind to tell us your age? You don't sound like an adult with related experience. "To avoid wasting other person time and mislead them"? Can you explain that, please?  

I realize some things are way beyond certain people’s abilities .

so to simplify for you, when I get to know someone and do not see myself accepting their ways or adjusting myself for them I end that relationship because it’s going nowhere and is a waste of time .

hopefully you have the ability to process and comprehend the concept 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

What a kind person you are. He'll make his own decisions and I guess he only wants to see some opinions. 

He is the kind of person who thinks one should take responsibility for his actions instead of seeking approval or sympathy from total strangers on anonymous forum.

• Haha 1

Guest Jerry787

whatever you will decide, the idea you got a daughter somewhere that could have called you papa and hug you, will be always on you.

consider a parent/relative fostering , or take  a step above, carry on your youth and twenties with a kind on you, take in positive mood, when she will call you the first time dad,you will love it and whatever sacrifice you would have done, you will be happy.

you are young now, when you 30 or 40, you will seek your daughter and if you find her, what you will tell her ?
i am the guy who give you up for adoption ? 

3 hours ago, Deli said:

Difficult, specially as she is alteady at 4.5 months, where abortion might be difficult.

Without giving my opinion, and just to state a fact, the limit for abortion in Thailand is 28 weeks whereas in the UK it's 24 weeks.

I'm sure there are strong feelings both ways, myself included, but this is not a thread about the why's and wherefore's of abortion.

Edited by HHTel
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I do not understand all the negative and judgemental replies. You are clearly acting in a responsible and compassionate manner.

Contact the Holt Sahathai Foundation. It is a thai foundation linked to Holt International which is a reputable international adoption agency.

Be forewarned that, although your GF agrees to adoption now, she may have trouble following through with it after delivery. The hormonal changes are profound and thinking about giving a baby up and actually doing it are quite different experiences.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It took 144 posts and the comment of a woman that brought this crucial element into this discussion. Better late than never.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, swissie said:

It took 144 posts and the comment of a woman that brought this crucial element into this discussion. Better late than never.

Cheers.

What crucial element? I completely disagree with Sheryl. How is he clearly acting in a responsible manner? The least he could do was wear a condom.

Just go to many Thai Facebook pages and see the reaction when people try to get rid of a dog.

Yet, posters here a judgemental?

So what?

6 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

What crucial element? I completely disagree with Sheryl. How is he clearly acting in a responsible manner? The least he could do was wear a condom.

Just go to many Thai Facebook pages and see the reaction when people try to get rid of a dog.

Yet, posters here a judgemental?

So what?

Sheryl points out the emotional (hormonal) implications after a woman has given birth. Hard for us men to relate to this special occasion.

At any rate: Too late for Condom discussions at this point.

Cheers.

• Like 1