Don't drink and drive

jonwilly

40 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Sounds plausible.

A mate was caught in Pattaya on the bike on a Friday evening.

Locked up at the police station until friends came with 40k bail.

Monday morning at the court, 20k fine.

Bike.. as in bicycle or motorbike ? If a simple push bike i find it crazy (but it happens in many countries) Motorbike i can understand.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

I would say its very hard for police to distinguish between a sober and drunk or drugged Thai driver he is unlucky ?

But you didn't recognize that he had consumed 2 or 3 large bottles of beer. Not important?

The fine depends on the number you blew they have a scale chart with the fines which start at 6000 baht upwards 

I know this as I have had many mates stopped and fines were all based on how drunk they were.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Good news,catch as many as they can,maybe it will make

the roads a tiny bit safer.

regards worgeordie

Being caught over the limit should mean a lifetime ban, and you think a 15.000 Bt fine is a deterrent.? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

My Wife's friend's brother got stopped Friday night.    3 nights behind bars and 30k worse off was the total outcome, suppose different police regions charge different fines and give different jail time.

But fair play, nobody should drink and drive, I bet he never had a helmet and could have killed himself 2 kliks on down the road in an accident!!

This is what I call GOOD police work and the heavy fines might teach the youngsters not to chance it again...catch a bus!

The only thing that just might have an effect on these drunks behind a wheel or handlebars is a 

ban for life, and meaning it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, robblok said:

Bike.. as in bicycle or motorbike ? If a simple push bike i find it crazy (but it happens in many countries) Motorbike i can understand.

My brother in rural Kentucky got a DUI driving his lawn mower to the store to buy a case of beer.  Cost him $375 and 10 points on his license - he did it as a joke, the cop didn't think it was funny.?

• Like 1