Watching Prayuth And ‘Three Friends’ Campaign No Fun For Others

webfact

Watching Prayuth And ‘Three Friends’ Campaign No Fun For Others

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

20180507045219_l-cropped-696x497.jpg

Junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha waves to the crowd at Thunder Castle Stadium in Buriram province on May 7. Newin Chidchob, in shorts, walks close to him just behind.

BANGKOK — Political parties big and small grumbling as they watch junta leader Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha and pro-junta politicians engage in behavior indistinguishable from campaigning, despite the oft-cited ban on political activities.

Prayuth has visited various provinces over the months, and even newspapers sympathetic to him such as Thai Post on Thursday described his activities – hopping on the BTS Skytrain to chat with people and vowing to solve Bangkok’s traffic problems – as campaigning.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2018/08/17/watching-prayuth-and-three-friends-campaign-no-fun-for-others/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-08-17

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

The man is hated by the general population.

I was discussing with my wife why do people not stand up and speak their true feelings, her answer was he controls the guns, people are too scared to do/ say anything.

Let the idiot steal/win his stupid election.

The mood against this ridiculous little figure is such that I suspect there will soon be another coup once he is "the elected Prime Minister".  Watch him bitch and moan then!

He is deeply unpopular and has dragged the military down with him.

I would imagine there are several opportunist Generals in the wings, watching his pathetic mis-handling of public opinion and planning a more "popular" uprising.

Edited by saminoz
  • Like 2

Let the idiot steal/win his stupid election. The mood against this ridiculous little figure is such that I suspect there will soon be another coup once he is "the elected Prime Minister".  Watch him bitch and moan then!

He is deeply unpopular and has dragged the military down with him.

I would imagine there are several opportunist Generals in the wings, watching his pathetic mis-handling of public opinion and planning a more "popular" uprising.

Its all about rank in Thailand so a Coup leader would have to out rank him and the deputy pm who out ranks the pm. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, yellowboat said:

A delusional man brought to power by the reckless behavior of the democrats.   Thailand's future never looked so bleak.  He knows he is not liked and campaigning while everyone else just gets to watch is the only way he can win.

But will the juntas opponents use this effectively and get the word out about how this is all part of the process in stealing the election? Do the Thai people understand how their thoughts are being manipulated by the ban? If used effectively the move by Prayut can backfire, but it will take someone that can really communicate to the public.

• Thanks 1