Mexico navy says finds 50 tons of meth in mountain lab

rooster59

Mexico navy says finds 50 tons of meth in mountain lab

800x800 (12).jpg

Forensic technicians of the Mexican Navy are seen at a clandestine drug processing laboratory, where they seized 50 tons of methamphetamine discovered during an operation, in the town of Alcoyonqui, on the outskirts of Culiacan, Mexico, in this handout photo released to Reuters by Mexico's Navy on August 17, 2018. SEMAR Mexico's Navy/Handout via REUTERS

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican marines on Friday said they had discovered an underground drug lab in the mountains outside the capital of Sinaloa state where they destroyed 50 tons of methamphetamine.

Marines found the lab after intelligence reports indicated that tons of drugs were being produced in the area of Alcoyonqui municipality, about 12 miles (19 km) outside the state capital of Culiacan, the ministry of the navy said in a statement.

In photos provided by the ministry, two marines in hazmat suits can be seen examining dozens of plastic containers in a mountain forest.

The statement said the drugs were hidden underground in two areas along with barrels of the chemicals used to produce meth. The drugs were incinerated on site due to the difficult access to the remote location, the ministry said.

Mexico is a major supplier of methamphetamine to the United States and it the top source of heroin, which is fuelling a surge in opioid addiction. The country is also the principal highway for cocaine trafficked north.

Sinaloa is the seat of the powerful cartel formerly run by Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, who is facing trial in the United States later this year.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-08-18

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

Any one else find it amusing that the Navy found the drugs in the mountains?

Here it would have been big joke!

I was wondering where they moored their boats until I read that it was actually the Marines doing the bust.

3 hours ago, AsiaHand said:

WOW Your lack of knowledge is overwhelming. TV wont let me use the word ignxxxxce.

You sound a bit emotional. Do you have a dog in this race? Own shares in a penatenury operator? Cop looking for job security? Drug runner who wants the gravy train to keep coming?

The argument for legalization:

http://www.urban75.com/Drugs/drugten.html

• Like 1

Mexico is a major supplier of methamphetamine to the United States and it the top source of heroin, which is fuelling a surge in opioid addiction. The country is also the principal highway for cocaine trafficked north.

The joke is that "Dealers in White", sometimes also called doctors, have made hundreds of thousands dependent on Opioid Pain Killers. When they had finally realized how huge the damage was, it was already too late and people had to buy heroin because the pills were way more expensive and also only available at the drug scene. If people have no money, it's easier to "find" money when it's only 15 bucks for a hit for Mexican shit heroine, but 25 plus for the same amount of pharmaceutical happiness. ?

Hundreds of kids have already died, the last ones from an overdose of Fentanyl. Another, really unbelievable fact is that you can order 1,000 kg of  Fentanyl, straight from China, or more/. No limit. If you've got the money, you'll be rich in a month, or so. Lol. ?

I've tried it and did all to be ready to receive 10 kg Fentanyl, delivered to Thailand. They did tell me that they would deliver it right to my door, without any problems, and it sounded very reasonable. But I'd love to see these people imprisonned. I'd have made the payment and the Fentanyl would have been delivered to me. But there's no chance, they only catch the little ones. 

Edited by jenny2017

11 hours ago, pegman said:

Only way to really stop these guys is to legalize these drugs and then treat addictions as health issues. It put the blood thirsty bootleggers out of criminal business. 

How would this 'legalization' be implemented?

Where would the funding to treat addiction come from?

Addiction clinics, treatment centres, detox units, & alternative prescribing is already available.

People do things to excess, the legal aspect is not the issue.

2 hours ago, faraday said:

Addiction clinics, treatment centres, detox units, & alternative prescribing is already available.

By enacting legislation to decriminalize the stuff

From funds no longer being spent on enforcement.

Mostly to those who can afford it.

The legal aspect is central. If these drugs were decriminalized they would be very cheap. So users would need to commit a lot less crimes or engage in other antisocial behavior to get them. It would also put people who sell drugs pretty much out of business and with that a lot of the violence that goes with the trade.

• Like 1

I've been hearing about how the world was going to hell because of the "devil weed" since the 1960's. There has been a number of jurisdictions that have now legalized it with none of the doom scenarios taking place. My whole country goes pot legal this Oct 17 and I expect the same here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pegman said:

I've been hearing about how the world was going to hell because of the "devil weed" since the 1960's. There has been a number of jurisdictions that have now legalized it with none of the doom scenarios taking place. My whole country goes pot legal this Oct 17 and I expect the same here. 

In the state of Oregon (US) weed is now legal, and the laws are comparably liberal (e.g., you can have a 4 ounce (over 100 grams) stash) even though there is no legal way to smoke/vape in public.  No shortage of shops in the Portland area, just look for the sign with the green cross.

But I'm getting the impression that with the 'outlaw' aspect taken away from weed the young and rebellious are going for something harder.  And I'm not referring to the craft beer craze.

8 hours ago, bristolboy said:

By enacting legislation to decriminalize the stuff

From funds no longer being spent on enforcement.

Mostly to those who can afford it.

The legal aspect is central. If these drugs were decriminalized they would be very cheap. So users would need to commit a lot less crimes or engage in other antisocial behavior to get them. It would also put people who sell drugs pretty much out of business and with that a lot of the violence that goes with the trade.

Alternative prescribing is available free in the UK, but very hard to access, & funding has been cut by £105 million, by the Government.

Spice is legal, & huge numbers of young people are messing themselves up on it. 

Same as alcohol.

Why do they do it? There are multiple social & psychological reasons, & illegality is not the issue. People like to take drugs (Inc alcohol) & too many people have addictions with them.

Clearly, the legal aspect isn't the stumbling block.

As for letting the Pharmaceutical companies produce it....

They would then be no different from, for example, the Sinaloa cartel, surely? And Pharma are already very rich.

Would all currently illegal 'recreational drugs' be legalised?

Does that include Cocaine & Heroin?

Yes, I know I'm not really providing any solutions; it's an awful problem, which makes millions of people die.

Your nick suggests you are from Brizzul :laugh: & you must have seen how those kind hearted Yardies devastate lives.

Lastly, I just do not think that the Cartels would let go of their massive business.

I wish there was a clearer path, to solve Drug addiction, but don't believe legislation is the answer.

:smile:

Edited by faraday

11 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Wow, that's 3 million fatal doses.

A fatal dose of Fentanyl vs heroin. No wonder that so many people die. They found a drug in Canada that's 100 times more toxic than Fentanyl called Carfentanyl. A sand corn like dose can be fatal. Scary stuff. 

“Carfentanil is about 100 times more toxic than fentanyl and about 10,000 times more toxic than morphine.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/12/carfentanil-bust-canada-fentanyl-opioid-crisis-dangers

deadlydrug.jpg

Edited by jenny2017

8 hours ago, bendejo said:

In the state of Oregon (US) weed is now legal, and the laws are comparably liberal (e.g., you can have a 4 ounce (over 100 grams) stash) even though there is no legal way to smoke/vape in public.  No shortage of shops in the Portland area, just look for the sign with the green cross.

But I'm getting the impression that with the 'outlaw' aspect taken away from weed the young and rebellious are going for something harder.  And I'm not referring to the craft beer craze.

Legalization of marijuana is not going to cause people to go to 'something harder'. If people are inclined to use more dangerous substances they will, regardless of what the penalties are for marijuana. When the prohibition  against alcohol was repealed, people didn't go rush out and become heroin addicts. What legalization will do is remove billions of dollars from the pockets of organized crime, allow law enforcement to concentrate on more serious crime, free up badly needed space in the judicial system and stop turning ordinary folks into criminals.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

A fatal dose of Fentanyl vs heroin. No wonder that so many people die. They found a drug in Canada that's 100 times more toxic than Fentanyl called Carfentanyl. A sand corn like dose can be fatal. Scary stuff. 

“Carfentanil is about 100 times more toxic than fentanyl and about 10,000 times more toxic than morphine.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/12/carfentanil-bust-canada-fentanyl-opioid-crisis-dangers

deadlydrug.jpg

and most of it is coming from China, who also supply a lot of the basic chemicals required in the manufacture of meth in Myanmar which ends up here. 

Spent some time in Sinaloa in the early 90's,with my then spanish girlfriend,we went for a holiday as she was an English teacher and worked in Chiapas,we were warned then not to go up into the mountains, cabron's es muy mala,pelligrosso,which translates as a lot of bad ,dangerous <deleted> up there.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bendejo said:

So by your logic if all drugs were legal the young and rebellious would have to move on to something still illegal like jay-walking?

• Haha 1