Foul stench of sewage in black-water canal spurs Phuket hotel wastewater inspections

rooster59

8 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Not defending Kamala, never swam there, no plans to do so.

But I have to laugh at the indignation, horror and hypocrisy some posters express when a bit of sewage flows to the ocean.

News for you, it happens nearly everywhere around the planet! Are you aware cruise ships dump an estimated BILLION gallons into the oceans every year? 

The part I find humorously ironic is that usually these critics come from Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Two of the most air polluted places on the planet!

If there are a few turds floating around on one beach because of a spill, Phuket has about 35 more pristine beaches, and hundreds of beautiful Islands to go to.  Alternatively we can swim in the pool or enjoy the crisp clean ocean air at a beachside bar or restaurant. (Away from the sewage outlet!)  An infinitely better lifestyle than cowering indoors, or choking on cancer inducing, air borne pollutants in your cities. Plan your holidays elsewhere, if you can find somewhere you're not scared of, you're not needed, we have plenty of Chinese.

Bangkok.

choke.png 

Cruise ships normally have sewage treatment plants.  Can you give a source for this claim of  a billion gallons and of what? Cruise ships dump far more than that if you are talking sea water. But sewage - I don't believe it.

I transpires that all they actually did was cut a way out to the bay for the crap to run off. This was the canal today with the tide down. it took me all of 30 seconds to see waste water being pumped out of the pipe but I don't think I can post my videos here. No name of the establishment  due to the CCA!

IMG_20180823_165903 (Small).jpg

IMG_20180823_165945 (Small).jpg

IMG_20180823_170002 (Small).jpg

I transpires that all they actually did was cut a way out to the bay for the crap to run off. This was the canal today with the tide down. it took me all of 30 seconds to see waste water being pumped out of the pipe but I don't think I can post my videos here. No name of the establishment  due to the CCA!
1779939019_IMG_20180823_165903(Small).jpg.22d17740f0b8fb5f222f1f3d64f8f124.jpg
87414894_IMG_20180823_165945(Small).jpg.c3a26c827a9c96dc3ed1f74d6abd2d38.jpg
1997310914_IMG_20180823_170002(Small).jpg.718d70303f49842811f0251d0d8bdbc9.jpg
That brown eyesore of a club gives it away.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:28 AM, whaleboneman said:

Cruise ships normally have sewage treatment plants.  Can you give a source for this claim of  a billion gallons and of what? Cruise ships dump far more than that if you are talking sea water. But sewage - I don't believe it.

Believe what you want, but gain credibility by doing research first. Try Google. 

Check Wikipedia and the 3 mile rule.