Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen, in guilty plea, says made payments at candidate's direction

webfact

21 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

There are 535 Senators and congressman. "Most" in this context would mean at least 268 recent scandals. Are you really contending that there was anything like that amount?

Quit bickering.

The real issue is how many Congressmen and Senators are implicates in Trump’s crimes?

We can start with Rand Paul, Devin Nunes and Paul Ryan.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

According to Trump lawyer the truth isn't the truth, so how does that work?

Statement by guiliani...

“There is no allegation of any wrongdoing against the president in the government’s charges against Mr. Cohen,” Trump counsel Rudy Giuliani said in a statement. “It is clear that, as the prosecutor noted, Mr. Cohen’s actions reflect a pattern of lies and dishonesty over a significant period of time.”

Technically this may be correct, as trump is referred to as "Candidate-1" in Cohen's plea.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Monomial said:

No. The reason I will not is because it is irrelevant. The salient point is that he will be judged by people who are afraid that getting into a war with a sitting president will expose all of their dark secrets. I don't care about delving into opinions about whose scandals are worse.

If you want to have a rational discussion, address the main point which is that Congress is biased against impeachment and conviction due to the harm it could do to themselves if there were any retribution. Even Clinton, who was judged by a majority Republican Congress, was not ultimately convicted. Why do you think Trump's guilt matters one bit?

Why do you think I think Trump's guilt matters.

To me it is beyond a doubt he is guilty of many illegal; things. But so far his guilt hasn't mattered, and I'm not sure it will matter nin the fututre. Not because of 'Congress having done much worse', but because of Congress being afraid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Mr. Cohen’s actions reflect a pattern of lies and dishonesty over a significant period of time.”

Whilst Trump is squeaky clean as regards lies and dishonesty. You couldn't make this stuff up!

10 hours ago, bendejo said:

Can't help but thinking of Al Capone here -- for all he did, what brought him down was tax evasion.

All this Cohen stuff, when you get down to the core of the whole mess, had to do with DT dipping his wick.  And of course yapping off.  You'd think someone over 70 would know when to keep their mouth shut.

Yes, Probably the thing thy will get Trump on too.

6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You should reference your quotes.  Regardless, it appears that the courts have decided that the payments to silence Daniels and McDougal were illegal.

The topic news source on this thread! And of course some on  the opposite side of the fence

Edited by riclag

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You should reference your quotes.  Regardless, it appears that the courts have decided that the payments to silence Daniels and McDougal were illegal.

Well I am sure false accounting, tax evasion and money laundering is illegal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, riclag said:

The topic news source on this thread! And of course some on  the opposite side of the fence

Fair enough, though after six pages of posts following an article of this length, an little "From the OP" would help.

I'm not sure what you mean by "some on the opposite side of the fence", but since you are not contesting the fact that the courts have determined the payments are felony campaign finance violations, that issue is settled now.

So much for "Trump is the lawfully elected President".

• Like 1