Lift reprogramming cost

We’re in the process of a purchase of a Condo however the lift in the building has been switched off for many years from stopping at the respective floor. We’re told to “re-program” the lift to stop on our floor is between 500k-1M THB. Anyone with experience in this area could offer advice ? 

1 hour ago, garym08 said:

We’re in the process of a purchase of a Condo however the lift in the building has been switched off for many years from stopping at the respective floor. We’re told to “re-program” the lift to stop on our floor is between 500k-1M THB.

You can buy and fit an entirely new replacement elevator, including the motor and controller and slings, for under 2MB so that price for simple programming sounds way off.

Programming (if that is all it needs) should only be a matter of paying someone to come out and do it, which would not be a long job and a few thousand Baht should easily cover it.

If the controller board is broken and needs replacing that could add some tens of thousands, but perhaps there is some reason that the elevator was prevented from stopping at the floor in the first place? A broken door mechanism perhaps? I think you need to investigate the reason to know exactly what the cost should be.

All that aside, I dont like the sound of a condo building that has elevators that haven't stopped at all floors for many years. Not sure I would fancy the sort of neighbours who could put up with that. What else could be wrong with that building?

• Like 2