Pay your PEA Electric via App...

sfokevin

It’s called PEA Smart Plus

https://www.iphonemod.net/pea-smart-plus-2-0-for-ios.html

(Apple users need to switch country to Thailand to see App in App Store)

Once on your device you will need a Thai ID Number (Any ID will work) phone and email...

(Note you will need the Thai ID number for future logins so copy the ID number down/keep on phone)

This will actives the app via a OTP code to your cell phone ...

Then click +Meter and scan the barcode from your PEA bill...

Now you can view and pay your bill!

See below...

First field in Thai ID

Second is you cell phone to receive OTP code

Third is your email

6CD6F4C6-D9B7-4BF7-B056-599A4A9DDE5D.jpeg

• Like 2

Another member was quicker.

Already having a thread about the PEA app.

But your content adds to that by explaining the registration procedure.

I was successful installing and paying via internet banking from within the app (Bangkok Bank). No fee. I had to wait two days after the meter reading until the due amount was shown.

I have installed on Android. I am not the "owner" of the meter but used my ID from the pink card, no problem.

Seems it does not matter.

The report outage also does something.

You get a ticket number (plus contact info/hotline) and after the outage is repaired you get an SMS with the usual apology.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

No need to re-scan a bill after the initial +Meter process

Once in the app you can set to English

Subsequent logins requires entering the ID number you used to initiate the app...

I can see the last 6 months of bills in the app and you can click on each one to see more detail...

Payment options seem to be credit cards and Bank transfers 

77EF7DEE-65A5-4D46-86EC-C10DADEF1CF3.jpeg

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

And, the Android version has English ?

Will be testing later.

EDIT Even the help is in English !

Go ahead and do the +Meters deep scan an old paid bill to setup... you can see your 6 month history... No need to have a outstanding invoice...

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 2

Just paid the bill using Thai issued Citibank credit card ?

One minor issue, card payment is limited to 5,000 Baht, this bill is under but we sometime creep over so will have to pay via online banking or back to the Seven ?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

No need to re-scan a bill after the initial +Meter process

Once in the app you can set to English

Subsequent logins requires entering the ID number you used to initiate the app...

I can see the last 6 months of bills in the app and you can click on each one to see more detail...

Payment options seem to be credit cards and Bank transfers 

77EF7DEE-65A5-4D46-86EC-C10DADEF1CF3.jpeg

I don't want the app, I just want your bill!!

Like Crossy's, mine is always pushing the bloody 5k mark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I don't want the app, I just want your bill!!

Like Crossy's, mine is always pushing the bloody 5k mark.

Jungles of Chiang Mai with Inverter AC’s ?

Edited by sfokevin

3 minutes ago, moontang said:

how is that easier than going to Bangkok's bill pay, and just clicking on pay bill?  

For me, I'm hoping that I can see my bill online so that if I'm away from home for 6 weeks I don't come back and find my electricity cut off.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It may have something to do with BKK Bank not supporting PEA bill payment.

give them a few more years...We have MEA Smart here, but Bangkokbank knows how much I owe them before the condo office sorts out the bills..and yes, inability to prepay can be a problem here.  I remember planning for a six month absence with TTT, and they had to make multiple calls etc., over simply letting me give them 700 THB, and at the time, land lines were a scarce commodity.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, moontang said:

how is that easier than going to Bangkok's bill pay, and just clicking on pay bill?  

Because it will not show all the historical info as was shown above.  It ONLY allows you to see the bill totals you have paid but does not show your statement history.

Same as paying your credit card by direct debit from your bank a/c.  It only shows the Credit card payments you have made, NOT the credit card statement and all your individual transactions! 

The difference between the two systems is a bit obvious really!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Because it will not show all the historical info as was shown above.  It ONLY allows you to see the bill totals you have paid but does not show your statement history.

Same as paying your credit card by direct debit from your bank a/c.  It only shows the Credit card payments you have made, NOT the credit card statement and all your individual transactions! 

The difference between the two systems is a bit obvious really!

It's all On the bill, and the receipt they send you after you pay...perhaps Nancy could help you divide by 4 to determine your usage?

Just now, scottiejohn said:

I can't see how to change to English!  Where is it?

You have to actually get into the app using the instructions in the OP, then the switch is top right (Android version).

• Thanks 2

Just now, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

How is this easier than monthly autopay from BKK Bank savings account?

Because this give you your bill and you control when and what is paid...

If you want to stop your autopay how easy would that be and how long would it take?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you don't have to make one of two trips to PEA to set it up, and you can catch an error before your account t is depleted...but autopay was good for vacations...reminds me of what somebody said about AOL...their billing works great; the problem is with their stop billing.  As long as consumer rights are near nil at the banks, I will be extra conservative...and autopay has a 14 day delay+-...so darkness will be your notice that it didn't work.

Edited by moontang

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

You have to actually get into the app using the instructions in the OP, then the switch is top right (Android version).

Screenshot_20180823-200158.jpg

Of course address and name of a Thai customer will still be in Thai script.

Also some messages like from "Outage Report".

Also the SMS received from the Outage Report was in Thai.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Excellent stuff.

Checked to see if there was a PWA app (called PWA1662) - there is, no English option, but we managed to register our meter and it too has details of past bills (goes back one year). Not sure if there's a payment option yet as we currently have nothing outstanding.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moontang said:

you don't have to make one of two trips to PEA to set it up, and you can catch an error before your account t is depleted...but autopay was good for vacations...reminds me of what somebody said about AOL...their billing works great; the problem is with their stop billing.  As long as consumer rights are near nil at the banks, I will be extra conservative...and autopay has a 14 day delay+-...so darkness will be your notice that it didn't work.

Really? I have been using it for sever years no errors. Why can't we just pop down to the PEA window and ask them to turn it off, the autopay? How could my account be depleted. Elec isn't that much, I see my balance daily on-line or at the ATM.

Power is cut after only 14 days late? Concerned..

Edited by ChiangMaiLightning2143

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

One minor issue, card payment is limited to 5,000 Baht, this bill is under but we sometime creep over so will have to pay via online banking or back to the Seven ?

I use the SCB app. Just scan the bill with my phone and SCB pays the amount due. No need for 7-11 or PEA's app which I don't trust as much as I trust SCB for security.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I use the SCB app. 

I'll test that next time, Scan and Pay seems to be a (relatively) new feature from SCB (or I'm just going blind).

I never managed to make the Bangkok Bank version work (on any bills).

I chose to setup auto payment with the bank, no App. Each month the PEA gets paid automatically without me doing anything. Works well. No app/phone stuff to deal with. Spam is becoming a real problem so the less tentacles you allow businesses to wrap around you the better. Allowing businesses to bombard you with annoying advertisements through SMS messages and Apps is awful. I just want my bill paid and to be left alone, thank you very much.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

Mine is always more than 5k ? Can you pay via online banking using kbank? Tried to setup the other day but the only available option is for Bangkok (Metropolitan Electricity Authority (MEA))