Pay your PEA Electric via App...

sfokevin

On 8/25/2018 at 11:13 AM, Crossy said:

Try 1234567890121

EDIT or try <removed as people insist on using the same number> which is more realistic

The more realistic number worked. Thanks for that, Now I just have to work out how to use it.

Top right of the screen the EN button changes things to English, the Help is in English too ?

It seems that PEA have actually done something right for a change (says he just coming down from a 2 hour PEA power failure).

I find using https://epay.pea.co.th/epay/ quite much easier, just used google translate to translate the page to figure out which fields are what, and where then add the meter under my account (there's the meter code in your last invoice), and give the address etc info and voila. Can pay directly using e-banking from quite a few online banks. Sometimes it quirks out, but refreshing the page usually resolves any issue. No fee to use it, and has more extensive logging of the invoices paid/not paid and can print receipts. 

Also good for multiple meters, should you have multiple properties. ?

image.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

The more realistic number worked. Thanks for that, Now I just have to work out how to use it.

Don’t forget that number - you may need it in the future to log into the App account you have created ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of minor updates.

• If you install the App on another device using the same credentials it gets your records automagically, no need to scan a bill.
  • The credit card limit (via easyBills) is now 48,000 Baht (it wanted me to enter the CA/Ref No. which I don't recall doing last time, we shall see if it remembers it).
  • It does not appear to work with a foreign card.
  • The Thai/English switch seems erratic on my Galaxy Tab S2 (works fine on my Note 3).

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

A couple of minor updates.

• If you install the App on another device using the same credentials it gets your records automagically, no need to scan a bill.
  • The credit card limit (via easyBills) is now 48,000 Baht (it wanted me to enter the CA/Ref No. which I don't recall doing last time, we shall see if it remembers it).
  • It does not appear to work with a foreign card.
  • The Thai/English switch seems erratic on my Galaxy Tab S2 (works fine on my Note 3).

thank you for that information. Do you know if there is any way to reset all the credentials? I have a new device and used a friend's phone to try out the app but now it always remembers her credentials regarding my account.

1 hour ago, HLover said:

Do you know if there is any way to reset all the credentials? I have a new device and used a friend's phone to try out the app but now it always remembers her credentials regarding my account.

If you log-out of the app (rather than just closing it) it should ask for the ID number etc. again, entering new data ought to let you set up a new account. I don't know what happens if you then scan a bill that's already in the system against a different ID No.

Unfortunately I don't see a way to actually clear the creds already stored.

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2018 at 3:18 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Also I assume(!) that the QR code does not contain data of the current bill. Just in the normal bar codes below. 

As this thread lives up: my assumption was wrong.

The QR code contains a series of numbers among which also is the current bill amount as a plain number (125384 for 1253.84 Baht at our last bill).

The QR code contains all information as is contained in the two bar codes on the bottom of the bill.

So technically it could be used for payment like the bar-codes.

An observation from last payment.

When you pay via internet banking, do not expect that the app immediately shows the bill as paid.

I tried a few times during hours.

Next day all clear.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 9/22/2018 at 7:06 AM, HLover said:

Do you know if there is any way to reset all the credentials?

Also, in the "more" drop down (3 horizontal lines top left of the screen) is Settings where you can change phone number and email.

For PC users this app runs well under the BlueStacks Android emulator. https://www.bluestacks.com/

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I tried to use this app but it would not accept my passport number as a ID.

I went to PEA here in Hun Hin and they said Farang cannot use this app because I do not have a Thai ID. 

What is everybody using for Thai ID number?

Go back and read post 61... change that suggested ID number by one digit and use that as your Thai ID (do not forget that number as it is your account/ID for PEA now)

On 10/13/2018 at 8:29 AM, sfokevin said:

Go back and read post 61... change that suggested ID number by one digit and use that as your Thai ID (do not forget that number as it is your account/ID for PEA now)

You need to use the App I linked to in an earlier post in order to generate a valid Thai ID number, you can't just change one digit.

Here https://sourceforge.net/projects/thaiidnumcheck/files/

Try <removed as people insist on using the same number>

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2018 at 7:50 AM, Jeffrey346 said:

I use the SCB app. Just scan the bill with my phone and SCB pays the amount due. No need for 7-11 or PEA's app which I don't trust as much as I trust SCB for security.

that would not work if your not in the country to scan the bill

rick

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 8:40 AM, Crossy said:

You need to use the App I linked to in an earlier post in order to generate a valid Thai ID number, you can't just change one digit.

Here https://sourceforge.net/projects/thaiidnumcheck/files/

Try <removed as people insist on using the same number>

I managed to set it all up using the number suggested, but it seems to belong to someone in Chiang mai. And it shows my bill as well as their's. I dont think I fancy using my debit card to pay my bill and then subsequently find it used to pay their bill too. So back to 7-11.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Grrrrr.

Despite the app saying you can pay up to 45,000 Baht by credit card it won't let me pay the latest bill of 6,006 Baht.

Useless pile of fish!!

This might be a bank limit not a PEA limit?... 

3 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

This might be a bank limit not a PEA limit?... 

The limit seems to be set by the payment gateway (EasyBills), it's certainly not my bank setting the online limit.

Anyway, paid easily using the alternatve method (online banking) so it's not a killer.

On 10/13/2018 at 1:35 PM, NCC1701A said:

I tried to use this app but it would not accept my passport number as a ID.

I went to PEA here in Hun Hin and they said Farang cannot use this app because I do not have a Thai ID. 

What is everybody using for Thai ID number?

I went to the PEA counter in Market Village and they set it up for me. They used my Mrs ID number.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

The limit seems to be set by the payment gateway (EasyBills), it's certainly not my bank setting the online limit.

Anyway, paid easily using the alternatve method (online banking) so it's not a killer.

I am with KBank online banking but I can't find the online banking link.

Which bank do you use?

Yesterday October 19 at 19:17 they sent a message (in Thai of course) about some period from October 19, 16:30 (!) to October 21, 18:00.

It seems to say something about "computer maintenance"?

Have others got this too?

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am with KBank online banking but I can't find the online banking link.

Which bank do you use?

On the Payment page bottom left is the Visa/Mastercard button, on the right is Online Banking.

Reasonably, if you don't have an outstanding balance you can't get any further so I cannot tell if kbank is available, I'm with SCB and it worked like a charm. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

On the Payment page bottom left is the Visa/Mastercard button, on the right is Online Banking.

Reasonably, if you don't have an outstanding balance you can't get any further so I cannot tell if kbank is available, I'm with SCB and it worked like a charm. 

Thanks Crossy.

At K Banking online I looked under fund transfer and found nothing, so I went to bill payments and through the various options and the closest I can get to the PEA is the MEA down in BKK. That might work if I still lived there but we moved up here 14 years ago.

The local PEA office have only a couple of people who speak limited English and if I stray from what they know it doesn't work. It is my problem to sort out and not theirs.

I will try using the call centre later and see if they have any idea.