Pay your PEA Electric via App...

sfokevin

13 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

How is this easier than monthly autopay from BKK Bank savings account?

Is there a limit on the bill? Mine often dips over 5k. If not, what is the process to set it up? Also, can the same be done with a water bill?

In the village someone comes around and collects your money and you get a part of the paper bill for receipt. Once the person came by and I didn’t have cash on me tried to tell them come back the next day. 

One day the power was off and couldn’t figure out why .... someone called PEI and they’d taken the meter off. Took 2-3 days for them to put it back. 

2 hours ago, cracker1 said:

Plenty of mentions about Bangkok Bank internet payments but anyone know how to pay from SCB account ?

If you have the App there's a "Scan bill/QR payment" button on the Banking Services page, I've not tried it yet.

4 hours ago, canopy said:

I chose to setup auto payment with the bank, no App. Each month the PEA gets paid automatically without me doing anything. Works well. No app/phone stuff to deal with. Spam is becoming a real problem so the less tentacles you allow businesses to wrap around you the better. Allowing businesses to bombard you with annoying advertisements through SMS messages and Apps is awful. I just want my bill paid and to be left alone, thank you very much.

And you trust a Thai Bank to take money from your account when they choose ?

"Apple users need to switch country to Thailand to see App in App Store"

Yeesss... and if you do that all the Apps on your iPhone will not be able to update any more, free-one or not. Apple does not give a damn, it was and is well known on Apple forums of many countries!

it is also possible to have a message on the Appstore of your country only available on the Thailand store, do you want to go?, Yes.

Then once on Thailand Appstore, a new message "You are not authorized to buy on this store"

I had the same problem with the Shopee Thailand App... Impossible with my Apple account.

44 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

And you trust a Thai Bank to take money from your account when they choose ?

The legal form you sign guarantees consumer protection and I challenge you to show one case where a bank stole money from the consumer for a bill auto payment. My experience is the system is 100% safe, convenient, and reliable. I have all my bills set to auto payment and it feels terrific. I used to do this in the US and it is just as good here as it was there. Everyone wins. The bank has money in your account instead of being in your wallet, the utilities get paid on time every time, and you kick back and relax and do nothing every single month of every year. And there is no !@*# App. It's perfection.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

I'll test that next time, Scan and Pay seems to be a (relatively) new feature from SCB (or I'm just going blind).

I never managed to make the Bangkok Bank version work (on any bills).

There is a section labeled Utilities that has the electric and water company. Used it for the water for the first time this month. Haven't tried the electric yet.

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

There is a section labeled Utilities that has the electric and water company. Used it for the water for the first time this month. Haven't tried the electric yet.

Indeed, if you use MEA, PEA are not on the list. 

3 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

"Apple users need to switch country to Thailand to see App in App Store"

Yeesss... and if you do that all the Apps on your iPhone will not be able to update any more, free-one or not. Apple does not give a damn, it was and is well known on Apple forums of many countries!

it is also possible to have a message on the Appstore of your country only available on the Thailand store, do you want to go?, Yes.

Then once on Thailand Appstore, a new message "You are not authorized to buy on this store"

I had the same problem with the Shopee Thailand App... Impossible with my Apple account.

I simply switch my Apple account to Thailand added the PEA App and then switched it back to US... No problem... :coffee1:

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydneyboy1 said:

Without reading all the comments. Can anybody advise if you can pay different accounts on the same app. I would assume that it is possible but I haven't downloaded it yet and gone through the registration. TIA for your replies. 

There is a screen that says “+ Meter”... then you scan your bill to add a meter... once done the + Meter is still there so one can assume more can be added...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sydneyboy1 said:

Without reading all the comments. Can anybody advise if you can pay different accounts on the same app. I would assume that it is possible but I haven't downloaded it yet and gone through the registration. TIA for your replies. 

It certainly appears that you can. There's the facility to name the accounts so one assumes (unwise I know) that multiple accounts are fine. 

I have done away with printed receipts totally... Once I get a receipt I scan it with may phone and store it in a receipt manager App which is backed up to the cloud and can be accessed by any of my devices and my computer... I have .pdfs of bank, brokerage and credit card statements as well.. A nd copies of all visa and passport stuff...

Btw.. Six months of receipts can be accessed on the App...

7EA7D843-B0E8-423E-A882-4813303CE4D8.png

Edited by sfokevin

On 8/24/2018 at 7:50 AM, Jeffrey346 said:

I use the SCB app. Just scan the bill with my phone and SCB pays the amount due. No need for 7-11 or PEA's app which I don't trust as much as I trust SCB for security.

Tried that just now with SCB and the PEA bill. Would not do..."cannot decode this barcode./QR.  Scan works OK with 3BB but not PEA. Have to go to 7/11.

I downloaded the app (Apple) so only in Thai. Tried to set it up but get message, I assume error message. Have to ask someone to help translate. I have included below. I assume it maybe my ID info.

I am only renting so does that make any difference as my ID would not be registered with PEA? Again, I assume, that it would not mater as info would come from bill.

UPDATE: friend says it is asking for ID or phone number. She said only wants Thai ID number. What do people use here?

IMG_6063.jpg

Edited by Dazinoz

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

I downloaded the app (Apple) so only in Thai. Tried to set it up but get message, I assume error message. Have to ask someone to help translate. I have included below. I assume it maybe my ID info.

I am only renting so does that make any difference as my ID would not be registered with PEA? Again, I assume, that it would not mater as info would come from bill.

UPDATE: friend says it is asking for ID or phone number. She said only wants Thai ID number. What do people use here?

IMG_6063.jpg

Yes the first field is asking for a Thai ID (Any ID will work)

Second it you cellphone - Which is where acess code will be sent

Third is Email 

after this is accepted you will be asked for the code sent to your cellphone to activate... Then the app can be changed to English 

Just now, sfokevin said:

Yes the first field is asking for a Thai ID (Any ID will work)

Second it you cellphone - Which is where acess code will be sent

Third is Email 

after this is accepted you will be asked for the code sent to your cellphone to activate... Then the app can be changed to English 

Unfortunately doesn't work. Keeps giving me same message above. Tried a few varieties of my ID.

9 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Your ID is a Thai National ID card?

No, Thai drivers license. Has 2 numbers. Tried both of them and neither work. Have deleted app and downloaded again same same no different.

Just now, Crossy said:

It only works with a Thai ID number, any one seems to work, I used Wifey's which is actually the correct one for the bill.

Ok, thanks for that. People saying any ID works. So I guess I can't use it then.

8 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Ok, thanks for that. People saying any ID works. So I guess I can't use it then.

It's 13 digits no spaces when you enter it, actual format is "1 2345 67890 12 3"  I'm not sure how much actual checking of the validity of the ID it does.

EDIT I think the last digit is a Luhn check digit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luhn_algorithm,

however this handy dandy tool should allow you create one that works. 

https://sourceforge.net/projects/thaiidnumcheck/files/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It's 13 digits no spaces, I'm not sure how much actual checking of the validity of the ID it does.

I got a new message. Sent that to my friend to see what it says. But still didn't work.