Thai man and baby dumped by the wife find solace at 7/11 in Chonburi

webfact

Thai man and baby dumped by the wife find solace at 7/11

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A Thai man with a little baby told 7/11 staff that he had no money and was going home from Chonburi to Mae Sot in Tak on a motorbike.

The staff took pity and gave him a bed for the night and money for the journey next day.

Thai Rath said that praise for the 7/11 staff had come after the Facebook post on the page of Patiphan Thongphum.

Concerned staff had seen the man and child huddled outside the Wat Borwin branch. They inquired as to his welfare and he said:

"I came home from work and the wife had left me for a younger man. I decided to take the baby to Mae Sot for my mum to look after.

"But I haven't been paid yet and I don't have enough for a hotel".

The staff organised a makeshift bed, had a whip round and posted that they hoped "Tom" would be safely on his way in the morning, reported Thai Rath.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-24

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well done staff at that 7/11, good to see that there are kind/ caring people prepared to help others in need.

I see this level of kindness and generosity regularly in Thailand. It's why I love Thailand and it's people.

7/11 staff always seem to do the right thing by people. I had an asthma attack in a 7 /11 and the staff got me a chair and called my doctor who came up about 10 minutes later. Real Thai people  are one of the main attractions here. I dare say in Australia or USA you would be tossed out on the street and die .

12 hours ago, lanista said:

7/11 staff always seem to do the right thing by people. I had an asthma attack in a 7 /11 and the staff got me a chair and called my doctor who came up about 10 minutes later. Real Thai people  are one of the main attractions here. I dare say in Australia or USA you would be tossed out on the street and die .

I dare say in Australia or USA you would be tossed out on the street and die .

And you know first hand do you..please give us some sort of insight of this happening In Australia or America. I lived in America and the American people were so caring and generous if you needed help.I lived in Austral most of my life and it was the same as America ..Useless comment by you 

15 hours ago, smew said:

What mother would leave her baby... most Thai women are self centered and very selfish just take the time to really observe and analyze and the conclusion is obvious ... 

And then there's the financial side to consider, mother with child worth more than just mother, I can just see her now in bar Soi 6 no have mother, father no sick buffalo only have 1 baby

8 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Or a gun, knife, stick, bottle, can, glass ect ect

"Or a gun, knife, stick, bottle, can, glass ect ect".

Only one thing, that does not apply mainly to Thais. I can walk about in relative safety

in Thailand, but not in the UK.

14 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"Or a gun, knife, stick, bottle, can, glass ect ect".

Only one thing, that does not apply mainly to Thais. I can walk about in relative safety

in Thailand, but not in the UK.

The obvious answer to that then is dont walk 

How will he transport a baby on his motorcycle? Saw a guy holding a baby in one arm while weaving through traffic.

Am a biker and wish him well. But would  n o t  want to risk a baby's death if I had a chance or the need to have a baby on my bike!

3rd class train? Probably cheaper tthan the gas alone...

12 hours ago, possum1931 said:

This is sure some stupid answer, but if you are

not a Native English Speaker, I apologise.

It was an appropriate answer to an off topic Post my man

As for being a native English speaker, you need to look at your own performance don't you know

The story has too many red flags.

- There is a very quick acceptance of the man's story. No attempt is made  to verify or to corroborate.  How do we know the child was his, or that he did not have a domestic dispute and just took the child? Perhaps a  dispute over custody?

- Thailand has the Child Protection Act of 2003. This Act provides multiple avenues of assistance that could have easily been triggered, and yet, no one did that. The assistance provided while well intentioned, if not accompanied by common sense, was an irresponsible act and was negligent.  These people should have also made an effort to;

1. Call the police.

2.  Report to Child Protection Services.  Each province has  a Provincial Child Protection Committee to provide for child protection at the local level. The Provincial Social Development and Human Security office acts as the local coordinating agency.  In term of immediate assistance, the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security (MSDHS) has established the 24 - hour hotline service also known as the Prachabodi Centre. The hotline telephone number is 1300. The hotline receives the report, then coordinates with the appropriate Provincial Office of Social Development and Human Security. The MSDHS has also established free shelters called Emergency Home for Children and Family. The shelters are available in Bangkok and every province.

Apparently, no one here has encountered a child custody dispute before. They are never easy or simple and are often coloured over  with tales of woe and tragedy.

Archived