Thailand - Not for me

6 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Reading a fellow who recently left Thailand and this is what he had to say.

Whether you rent or buy, property is crazy expensive.

Political correctness has gone nuts.

People are nanny stated and no longer able to be on their own.

Everything has to be safe, and secure to the point of craziness.

Anyone in uniform with authority thinks they have the right to lecture you on things that have nothing to do with them - they overstep boundaries – and hate it when you call them on it.

Why is posting some random stuff you happened to read somewhere better than your own actual perspective?

Don't you have any first-hand thoughts about this stuff yourself, after 40+ years of living in Thailand???

Edited by YogaVeg

7 hours ago, xylophone said:

Jeez, that looks superb...…….making my stomach rumble just looking at it!

That is a nice looking piece of steak.

Which sorta makes the point, that as humans we all want to live different ways.

Try buying that in your local Thai market, or even Lotus for that matter

If you want to live, eating steak, and a generally western diet, it ain’t cheap in Thailand.

Somtam and and a bowl of noodles, dirt cheap!

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Give me a good ol Thai fruit and veg market over them overpriced ferang traps any day. Part of the whole appeal of being here. 

Part of the appeal of a country that still uses pesticides that were banned 20+ years ago in first world countries!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

That is a nice looking piece of steak.

Which sorta makes the point, that as humans we all want to live different ways.

Try buying that in your local Thai market, or even Lotus for that matter

If you want to live, eating steak, and a generally western diet, it ain’t cheap in Thailand.

Somtam and and a bowl of noodles, dirt cheap!

And , if you want to eat Thai food in the West , that isnt cheap either 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Read page 1 and keep reading. It's the most embarrassing turn of events I've ever witnessed on here. You spend hours days and weeks convincing yourself you made the right move and 5 weeks later you realise your a proper plonker and now everyone knows it too.

I don’t think anyone bar one person on this thread bought into the bull .......and he just spouts anything anti Thai. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nemises said:

Yep. Thread should be shut down. He’s just been playing games on here aka trolling

I like games, both sides of the fence told their story, some with honesty and humor. How anyone else lives shouldn't influence your lifestyle. This is simply a sharing of ideas.

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I like games, both sides of the fence told their story, some with honesty and humor. How anyone else lives shouldn't influence your lifestyle. This is simply a sharing of ideas.

100% right ! The trials and tribulations of life . I’d love to live my life without making any mistakes (like most tv posters) . Just to hold your hands up and say your wrong is actually refreshing . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Part of the appeal of a country that still uses pesticides that were banned 20+ years ago in first world countries!

US imports many vegetables from Mexico and China.  Maybe you should look up the reports of pesticides on those products.  Google, "Contaminated Produce You Should Avoid This Season"

• Like 1

Yep. The beautiful women, the warm weather and the ridiculously cheap rental accommodation. They’re the BIG 3 for me. No major city anywhere in the Western (first) world comes close (that I know of). Happy to be proven otherwise...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Actually I can say I have not.

I was however just in the states and saw one at virtually every corner with various begging cardboard signs coupled with every hiway overpass had a homeless community dwelling underneath it. At one intersection entering a freeway a homeless woman had all her laundry drying on the cyclone metal fence. Pretty sad in the big picture.

We even have a couple up here in rural Khampaeng Phet. One rides a tricycle adapted so that he uses his arms to propel it as he is unable to walk. A nice guy and I always give him 20 baht or so when I see him.

• Like 1