Looking at importing my Audi to Thailand from uk,anyone can do this and get the blue book too,I know there is tax to pay but it’s second hand 2003

Used car importing is now only available to Thai person returning from residing abroad, you get discount on tax applied due to the age of the car, but still not worth it unless it's a really unique car or there's some sentimental value to it.  

Every now and then there's auction at the custom house where they auctioned off seized cars or cars that the owner just abandoned at the port, unable to afford the fines or taxes should they don't have the paperwork to import them in order

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spidey said:

Common practice for people to strip bikes down, import them as parts and rebuild them here.

Yes but this guy got funny looks at the green channel from customs regarding the body shell....?

suitcase.gif.f79c95e660c61200ba1b81318ee34d2d.gif

• Haha 2

when some one comes out with comments like ''you know this how'' it strikes

me of being ignorant and lazy, I have been told the story of the ''AGENT'' who

can do all these things and not have to pay any extra's and many many others

sometimes the search function is not 100% , but there is no excuse when

someone takes the time to reply and is then challenged for giving the correct

answer...if they are checked like a spoilt child that is not bullying that is what

their behaviour deserves...IMHO            

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Oh dear doesnt anyome hear have Climate Cuntrol , it on most Cars these days. Sick it on 25 auto and it stays at 25 in Norway Or Saudi .☃️

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You drove your car from Norway to Saudi? Top man!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, zoza said:

when some one comes out with comments like ''you know this how'' it strikes

me of being ignorant and lazy, I have been told the story of the ''AGENT'' who

can do all these things and not have to pay any extra's and many many others

sometimes the search function is not 100% , but there is no excuse when

someone takes the time to reply and is then challenged for giving the correct

answer...if they are checked like a spoilt child that is not bullying that is what

their behaviour deserves...IMHO            

Say what?

Take a breath.

2 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Oh dear doesnt anyome hear have Climate Cuntrol , it on most Cars these days. Sick it on 25 auto and it stays at 25 in Norway Or Saudi .☃️

Mine has it up to 30C and my car's 4 years old now.  I've assumed that all new cars have 'climate control'.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 3:58 AM, HAKAPALITA said:

My GF has a Climate 'Cuntrol' (sic) - It's very efficient - she seems to be able to turn the heat in it on and off in an instant!

On 8/26/2018 at 5:11 AM, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

It can be done. More likely customs demands so much money the vehicle is abandoned to their mercies and you never see it again.

Why tread the “well worn path of Farang failure and misery” when it is simple to buy a car here?

They will love you if you do it.  It will be so expensive that you will abandon it here at customs and THEN YOU MIGHT SEE IT AGAIN: with someone's mia noi  driving it around Bangers.  Imagine that!!!!!!  "A free Audi. Who's turn is this one?"   (Don't even think about doing it.!)

On 8/26/2018 at 2:40 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Cool down and wait for one or two members who describe you that they did.

Of course there is a huge, lengthy bureaucratic procedure described.

Tax is not necessarily 300%, there are tables depending on age and other parameters (forgot the details).

But really the procedure can take very long and be frustrating.

Professional help needed and does not pay (if that is your intention).

It would only make sense if it's an exceptional unique "vertu" but not for a 2003 Audi.

So in total, no different: forget it.

When I researched it, tax was based on literage. Up to 2 litres 220% tax and over 2 litre 330 % tax.  Based on their valuation including freight which you basically cannot argue with.  I had a clean 2WD Rav 4 worth just a couple of thousand dollars back home.  It would have cost me 10,000 up to 20,000 to bring it in based on their valuation here.  Didn't strike as a real good deal.

Edited by The Deerhunter

On 8/26/2018 at 5:11 AM, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

It can be done. More likely customs demands so much money the vehicle is abandoned to their mercies and you never see it again.

Why tread the “well worn path of Farang failure and misery” when it is simple to buy a car here?

Yes ,the car i imported about 15 years ago is was never seen again ,by anyone but whoever kept it from customs . dont waste your time .

On 8/28/2018 at 9:58 AM, HAKAPALITA said:

Many cars and Utes assembled and sold here have 1/2 an aircon.  It will cool only.

On 8/27/2018 at 1:42 PM, riki said:

That's the old rules where you have to own the car at least 18months in your home country  and then pay tax on it, still on web page, but now you cannot, a German bloke I know bought in his KTM 1290 ,They confiscated it and he was told he can bid for it at the auction 

Any details of the auction house ? 

On 8/28/2018 at 9:58 AM, HAKAPALITA said:

When there's no heater in a car, how does climate control take it up from 7 degrees like on a northern Chiang Rai mountain top in December, up to 25 degrees?

2 minutes ago, Lancashirelad said:

If a car has climate control it will have a heater.

Haven't been in many brand new Thai made cars, usually 5 or 6 years old...no heat.

So I stand corrected. Are most cars in Thailand equipped with climate control? Every trip I've been a passenger in  the cold season up a mountain, there's been no defrost or heat.

Edited by duanebigsby

12 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

Haven't been in many brand new Thai made cars, usually 5 or 6 years old...no heat.

So I stand corrected. Are most cars in Thailand equipped with climate control? Every trip I've been a passenger in  the cold season up a mountain, there's been no defrost or heat.

Today if a Cars over 900K in the main they come  with CC. Naturally the Truckies will say trucks dont.!.