Stubborn Thai people telling the government where they can stick laws for their own good

webfact

Classic,  Me Me and guess what More  Me.

Selfish to the core.  

I hope the cops fine them,  more and more each offence.

Get the big stick out, on those in Thai society that think rules and regulations are just for someone else.  the bad boys and girls are just make the good

Thai people look bad.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

A Thai guy on Facebook said yesterday that the new driving license fines would be unfair as half the drivers in his area don't even have licenses.

If you don't educate your people properly, this is what you get. 

Perfect!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, timendres said:

I concur 100% on defiance. It was an long standing tradition in the US to defy laws considered unconstitutional. Today, I think they could pass a law voiding the constitution and the citizens would lay down and take it up the ...

Lazy politicians think laws are the solution to every problem. They are not. How in the world does forcing a driver to have a license (I am not against people being licensed, of course) make the roads any safer?! The same dangerous driver is on the road the next day, just carrying an ID to sort the corpses after the fact. So come up with an incentive to be licensed, and more importantly an incentive to attend some driving instruction. If you want to apply 50,000 baht fines, apply those to people driving drunk! 500,000 for the hi-so drunk driver.

I believe what you are referring to is justice and equity in the system. Something that does not exist here, yet. It will eventually. Will take a few decades to get rid of the criminals, like Big Joke, Little P., Prawit, and the judges, mayors and governors. Hopefully, it will happen someday. For now, all the people can do is to defy the authorities, and I will continue applauding them for that act of courage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The message was clear: Lawlessness and refusal to follow the government was the order of Thai society.

Which is exactly why Thailand will keep the title of "The Most Dangerous Roads in the World" for years to come. 

Proposals to ban sitting in the back of pick-ups.

Result: Put off and shelved after being ignored by the people.

Heavy fines and jail terms for people without road licenses.

Result: Looking every bit as likely to go the same way after back downs from the authorities.

“There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.”

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Collected Works

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1