Passport for thai person

mjakob007

My friend from Buriram wants to apply for a thai passport and this is the first time she is applying. She is 19 years and few months old. Ie not 20 yet.

She lives in Rayong.

Does he need to go to BURIRAM to apply for her first passport?

Does every province in Thailand have a passport office, where application for passport can submitted?

The closest Thai passport offices from Buriram will be Korat or Khon Kaen.

I might advise the Korat facility - closer and easier. 

Not every province has a passport processing office.

Rather simple and straight forward for Thais....

Have her bring in a couple pieces of picture id [national id/driver's licence] and a standard passport size photo.....or they will do that there. 

Fill out the required paper work - pay the fee of B1,000 [if it hasn't changed] and processing service. 

She should receive her new passport in the mail within two weeks, though I believe that they have an express service in some offices - extra costs, of course.

Best of luck.

She can apply at any passport office. If she is in Rayong the nearest office is in Pattaya.

She will need parental consent to apply for the passport.

Passport application info for those under 20 in Thai is here. http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/images/text_editor/files/Manual PP/15-12-60-under20-edit.pdf There is also a list of passport office at the end of the PDF file.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Coconut Kidd said:

If under 20, I think she has to have letter of consent from parent or legal guardian

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/1415/21483-Frequently-Asked-Questions-%28FAQs%29.html

The link talks about e.passport.

Would it be true that all new or replacement Thai passports issued within the last few years are now automatically e.passports?

Why? Granddaughter may be going to Australia on a 2 week school scholarship early next year. She's in high school.

Her passport was renewed about 2 years ago.

- How can I tell if it's an e.passport?

- And if not an e.passport, even with a visa, would she be denied entry on arrival in Australia?

The Mrs did it in Korat last Friday. What they did say to the Mrs initially was that her ID card photo was not clear enough and she would need to go and get a new one to be able to get a passport. Luckily she could just use her government card photo. Something to make sure of before you go. 

Staff have no problems with Thai person leaving once measured and coming back later. If queue number has already gone through, they will just fit them in next. Saves waiting in the one room all day. 

Edited by wildewillie89

On 9/2/2018 at 5:57 AM, scorecard said:

Would it be true that all new or replacement Thai passports issued within the last few years are now automatically e.passports?

E-passports have been issued for many years now.

The info on the MFA website may be out of date. The info in the link for the PDF file I posted is kept up to date.

On 9/2/2018 at 5:57 AM, scorecard said:

- How can I tell if it's an e.passport?

Bet you won't find a valid one which is not.

As ubonjoe writes, e-passport since many years, no choice.

Look at the cover and see the chip symbol:

epass.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ