Big Joke threatens to blacklist alleged Koh Tao rape victim for life if she is telling lies

webfact

54 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

And your proof she is lying? I think we should wait and see regards this famous DNA etc and what develops.

The UK behaves differently, the police do not need a '  military parade ' when they attempt to uncover facts, unlike the Thai police.

How much evidence they have, we, the public as yet do not know.

DNA requires 2x samples to be matched, she has one sample, do you trust Thai police that any testing or samples will not be manipulated - I don't and it is so easy to manipulate.

Lets say she comes to Thailand with the sample and offers it to police after identifying the suspect, and they come back and say it was not a match...…………...they can pretty much say and do whatever they want in Thailand and it is impossible to challenge unless she takes a sample from the suspect herself and gets it tested independently, the Thai police would never allow that for obvious reasons (at least to me)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Very true and of course in Thailand you can not rape your legal wife, no such crime apparently. Misogynists personalized illustrates the Thai male 

You are incorrect, since 2007 having sex with your legal wife without her consent is illegal.

7 hours ago, MekkOne said:

The British embassy should stop give visa to Thai citizens. And see if Thailand got the gut of stop giving Visas to British as they can do really good with Chinese...

That would really be very interesting to see... Can anyone be peruasive enough to get the British embassy give it a try?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I think the last place on Earth to come back to would be Thailand if this young ladies telling the truth about being raped. I hope the U.K. police will determine if they found another persons DNA on the garment she gave to them.

wont change anything tough...you know how Saving Face do exist

1 hour ago, smedly said:

DNA requires 2x samples to be matched, she has one sample, do you trust Thai police that any testing or samples will not be manipulated - I don't and it is so easy to manipulate.

Lets say she comes to Thailand with the sample and offers it to police after identifying the suspect, and they come back and say it was not a match...…………...they can pretty much say and do whatever they want in Thailand and it is impossible to challenge unless she takes a sample from the suspect herself and gets it tested independently, the Thai police would never allow that for obvious reasons (at least to me)

yeah, you're right.

So she will just become another statistic.

So what if the Thais are telling lies what will he do???? A case he was given 7 days to solve he solved in 1 afternoon? Threaten to imprison the girl before he even hears her side of the story! Do you honestly think she would come back to Thailand if she has been raped?

He found no evidence because everything on cctv will have miraculously disappeared!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dave moir said:

So what if the Thais are telling lies what will he do???? A case he was given 7 days to solve he solved in 1 afternoon? Threaten to imprison the girl before he even hears her side of the story! Do you honestly think she would come back to Thailand if she has been raped?

He found no evidence because everything on cctv will have miraculously disappeared!

Give him a break he is only living up to his nick name

A woman has absolutely nothing to gain except ridicule and harassment in alleging a rape which did not happen. Except money. The evidence in this case is that she alleged rape while still in Thailand with nothing to gain financially from her assailant. Because she fled to another island miles away she divorced herself from any potential gain stemming from the accusation 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, newatthis said:

Now that he's solved this incident to the satisfaction of all bigwigs concerned, it's time to get back to finding all those overstayers etc.  I miss those weekly round up reports. Makes one think if they were fabricated?

Maybe a weekly list of the people blacklisted and a picture, in colour please, plus passport number..

Now that would be interesting to see. 

2 hours ago, OmoElGigante said:

Have you been raped? Or has someone very close to you been raped? It is an extremely traumatic experience, of which stays with victims for a lifetime. 

Most victims in this situation quite often go into "a shell", especially if they are being called liars. 

I recommend you stop talking for a while, a long while before you hurt yourself. 

I am a married man in my early 60s. Someone would have to be pretty desperate to want to rape me.

I wonder if RTP really wanted all this media attention ? 

Since Big Joe visited the island we had at least 4 big news stories about nothing new really . If the girl is telling the truth it was a rape , if she was only drunk and was not raped and can't remember anything , BJ may have a point, but there's still nothing that is worthy of blacklisting someone. 

I think they just use media to scare people off , and don't think they want young backpackers to visit KT , the local business can't be too happy about this , but BJ doesn't care about the local business.

I think actually they hope it will make the headlines in the UK . Do not come here , stay home. 

1 minute ago, smileydude said:

Is it really necessary to threaten her

I think it's more than that . He want to send a signal out to all young backpackers , it's not okay to use drugs , get drunk and maybe raped. 

He wants to avoid all that by scaring them off. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Have you ever seen a Thai say sorry.?

I've never heard my wife say it in all the years together. 

It's normally my fault anyway. 

I've never seen a Thai say sorry but I've heard quite a few say it.

My wife when our investment in sugar cane failed.

My daughter when she failed an exam I expected her to pass.

Adult students who have arrived late for class.

Some motorcyclists who have nearly run me over by their transgressions, which they were fully aware of, i.e. jumping traffic lights, riding on the pavement, cutting corners, etc.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, smileydude said:

Is it really necessary to threaten her when due process in the investigation hasn't even begun or concluded?

Sounds a bit like butt hurt nationalism combined with a fragile ego.

She and the allegation is seen as a threat, this is the only way they know how to respond I am afraid

11 minutes ago, bannork said:

I've never seen a Thai say sorry but I've heard quite a few say it.

My wife when our investment in sugar cane failed.

My daughter when she failed an exam I expected her to pass.

Adult students who have arrived late for class.

Some motorcyclists who have nearly run me over by their transgressions, which they were fully aware of, i.e. jumping traffic lights, riding on the pavement, cutting corners, etc.

No doubt the wife and daughter were genuine

As for the rest well    "Sorry is no cure"

10 hours ago, Darcula said:

Imagine anyone being on Big Jokes' blacklist. How could anyone live with that kind of trauma of never being able to visit the land of smiles again!

The plane-ride there can be traumatic enough to begin with.

• Haha 1

In America and the UK, women that claim rape are usually believed on word alone and then the accused is named, shamed and details splashed all over the media, even before any court verdict has been reached. The accused are in-fact,  tried and found guilty by the media. This has especially been prevalent regarding celebrities and high profile men that have been easy targets in a sort of witch hunt, found guilty on charges emanating from decades past and sentenced solely on what a court believes with no actual physical evidence involved. There are huge financial compensations up for grabs and those making the accusations have the legal protection of anonymity, so they have nothing to lose. Even women that came in contact with certain celebrities back in the 1960s, 70s, 80s and 90s, can say they were sexually assaulted or raped by them 40 years plus later and still given credibility on word.

In Thailand, the system different. Over here people claiming to be victims of a crime are required to show evidence or at least make a convincing statement that not only gives the police some leads to work on but also good for the victims to ensure they receive justice without doubts.

Also taking into account, that the Thai police do not have the facilities and resources available to them as do their western counterparts. This means that the Thai police have to rely more on physical investigations than forensics to solve crimes.

The girl claimed she was drugged and raped on Koh Tao and this is where the investigation has to take place with the Koh Tao juristic authorities. There are no ways around this. Now the ball is in her court.

• Like 2