Rain chaos in Pattaya as district chief on scene of tour bus that fell down a hole

webfact

9 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

The quoted price from some of the committees was in the billions of Baht. After the drool was mopped up the money has not been forthcoming.

Pattaya klang underpass has been closed most of the day. Flooding. 

Nowhere for the water to go.

Total chaos as we would all expect.

Just stick a few plastic barriers up.

The whole klang intersection is a dog's breakfast. 

Millions skimmed off the project and 4 years it took.

No doubt there will be a huge cash allocation to make it right.

Just hope it makes it to the roadworks. 

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Billions for low priority items like submarines and high speed trains linking the airports but, apparently, little left for non-glamorous things like sewer treatment plants, flood control, road maintenance, etc.  And, I guess, good road barriers.

Seems to me that Subs might be a "high-priority" item now!  

Sub.jpg

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Utterly disgraceful considering the hundreds of billions of Baht spent in flood control in the greater PAttaya area over the last 30 years at least, which has achieved close to nothing. 

Of course it has.

Heaps of early retirements from local government with fat brown paper envelopes. 

10 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

If that's Patt's after just ONE HOUR of heavy rain, I would hate to see it if got hit with THREE HOURS of downpour like we've had here in Chiang Mai 4-5 times so far this year.  

It's about time the rain came to wash the scum of the streets... ?

20 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Really?

pattaya_traffic_tuesday_night.jpg.f80aa3e380d1a9def5aa73f6ab7cb349.jpg

All such coastal communities have to prepare to go into Venice mode, due to climate change, in a generation or two at most.

Any band-aid drainage infrastructure projects are a short-sighted waste of time and money; all they'll do is set up a major disaster like Katrina in New Orleans in the future.

1 hour ago, twig said:

All such coastal communities have to prepare to go into Venice mode, due to climate change, in a generation or two at most.

Any band-aid drainage infrastructure projects are a short-sighted waste of time and money; all they'll do is set up a major disaster like Katrina in New Orleans in the future.

If pattaya got washed into the sea, it wouldn't be that much of a loss tbh.... 

Less Mongers, ladyboys, tuk tuk drivers and fake rolex sellers .... Oho no, how would Thailand cope? 

2 hours ago, dallen52 said:

uPattaya klang underpass has been closed most of the day. Flooding. 

Strange, I crossed from Soi Siam to Pattaya Klang at lunchtime, zero problems. A couple of hours later came back up Sukhumvit, going South, and vehicles seemed to be using the underpass, no problem.

When you next use the underpass just check, it has a constant downward gradient from North to South for it's full length. Really can't see how it could hold water for any length of time.

The whole project received a lot of negative comment throughout it's construction, but now it's up and running, most people admit that it's been a godsend.

Edited by Spidey

I must be crazy, because I so love it when it floods.

Clearly, I don't want anyone's home flooded or real serious damage, and I do not want it to happen every day, but I just love it when the streets are flooded and I have to wade through water to get around.

• Like 2

If those barriers are the same as the ones in Australia the they are meant to be filled with water to keep them in place the have lid on top so water can be put in and a cap at the bottom to let the water out for removal from site.                        As for the photo of the young lady walking along what's left of the footpath after vendors have taken over two thirds of it, enough said and you wonder why councils want these people off the paths you couldn't even get a wheel chair along there

23 hours ago, dallen52 said:

The closure of the tunnel was scheduled long before the rain which had nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, timendres said:

I must be crazy, because I so love it when it floods.

Clearly, I don't want anyone's home flooded or real serious damage, and I do not want it to happen every day, but I just love it when the streets are flooded and I have to wade through water to get around.

If only it were just  "water" 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, johng said:

When I was living around the market shown in the photo there was so much "eye candy"

lots of girls from Walking Street would eat at the night food street stalls  set up from about midnight to 4AM  they live/d in the cheap apartments all round the back streets in the area..??

Well, if the bars are open until 3 or 4 then the girls you saw had been BF'd and were able to not return? Or freelancers?

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Well, if the bars are open until 3 or 4 then the girls you saw had been BF'd and were able to not return? Or freelancers?

Don't know but I'd imagine a large portion where free lancers coming/going to  the discos and clubs no BF's

18 hours ago, Spidey said:

Strange, I crossed from Soi Siam to Pattaya Klang at lunchtime, zero problems. A couple of hours later came back up Sukhumvit, going South, and vehicles seemed to be using the underpass, no problem.

When you next use the underpass just check, it has a constant downward gradient from North to South for it's full length. Really can't see how it could hold water for any length of time.

The whole project received a lot of negative comment throughout it's construction, but now it's up and running, most people admit that it's been a godsend.

Still closed heading to Sattahip direction. 

Impossible to get out at the junction with plad wan.

Can only turn left.

Plus the volume of traffic stops you getting over to the right to get down Klang.  3pm

On 9/4/2018 at 9:36 AM, mok199 said:

pattaya beach new sand is washed away ,now exposing the new sand bags....this new beach rejuvination is the biggest disaster to pattaya....in 2 years the beach from dusit to walking street will be bags...

We definitely do not need anymore old bags in plain sight 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 10:53 AM, johng said:

lots of girls from Walking Street would eat at the night food street stalls  set up from about midnight to 4AM  they live/d in the cheap apartments all round the back streets in the area..??

And then you would be there and buy them a few drinks and hope for some cheap sex that night.  I know the scenario.  

On 9/3/2018 at 7:36 PM, mok199 said:

pattaya beach new sand is washed away ,now exposing the new sand bags....this new beach rejuvination is the biggest disaster to pattaya....in 2 years the beach from dusit to walking street will be bags...

It is washed away where it was planned to do that.  Did you happen to notice how the sidewalk is shaped like a trough in those locations before coming on here to knee jerk whine?  They had the pumps down there running as well.  I would be a lot worse otherwise.

Obviously they know the water is going to go down to the beach where the walkway is shaped like a trough so they probably have something planned in those locations.  I don't know what you are whining about with sand bags.  It's a construction site with sand bags in some areas.  That was there before the rain but that doesn't seem to stop the serial whining hyperbole.

Edited by lapd
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2018 at 1:52 AM, guzzi850m2 said:

We had over 3 hours at my house in Naklua.

It was only maybe 1 hour total of heavy rain spread out over 2 or 3 hours.  I have seen much heavier rainfalls.  That was just a light rainy season shower by comparison.

• Like 1