Nightmare at Big C - Warning: It Is Disgusting

exppenang

This happens all the time where I live, at Macro, Big C and the markets, add to that sneezing or coughing over the food as well.

And to the person who suggested vegetarian, have you never seen the dogs cocking their legs on the boxes of produce? and of course these are handled and sneezed over as well.

Its a minefield of germs and bacteria.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thais have a habit of touching any food, even when we are eating with friends, especially the women, like to pick through the pieces of fried meat, until they find the right one! I tell my lady to stop that, but she never learns. Yes, if you go to the market and watch the food counters, especially the meat, you will see everyone PICKING, and they are not even Chinese!! Please, give the Chinese a break!

47 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Common practice in all meat sections of all supermarkets and outdoor markets....by Thais, only surprise in this story it is a Chinese person doing it not a Thai!

been to many outdoor local thai markets and touching meat was not the norm nor allowed

typically you would point out what you wanted and the vendor would plastic bag it using tongs

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

OP you say the man was Chinese, how do you know that?

Maybe you chatted with him in MANDARIN, or did he say look at me i am Chinese?

1 hour ago, Dexlowe said:

Maybe he only came up to his knees.

last time this happened to me the person in front of me was in a chair...

• Haha 1

Stick around and you will see flies doing the fandango over the exposed meat and small roaches waltzing among the vegetables.

Even in the Mall , which is a bit up market , I saw a wealthy looking woman stick her finger into one of the salad bar dips, suck it to check the taste , then use same finger to check out the other dips.

Unclean Thailand indeed.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, neeray said:

Common in the developed country that I live in is to observe shoppers squeezing the buns and then not buying them; yuck, there is no telling where their hands have been , especially if as noted by others, they might have been fondling the raw chicken before the buns. I avoid buying the buns that appear to have a "thumb or finger depression" in them. I prefer virginal buns. The meat that I buy is always packaged. I wouldn't know the difference by feel anyway.

Old saying, "your eyes are not in your fingers"

My granny always said anyone who boils carrots and peas in the same pot is not sanitary.