"Sinner" poisons nine soi dogs who only "barked at night"

webfact

6 hours ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

You can't blame someone for wanting to live in a community free of wandering semi-feral canines, and 'barking at night' can be a lot worse than it reads in a news story. Anyone with experience of noisy dogs can attest to that. The 'sinner' who did this was cruel, no doubt, and I am not excusing their action, but think about it from another perspective - what recourse did he/she have? Call the local authority? What exactly would they do about the situation? Sweet <deleted>, I'd guess.

I agree with your previous post except for this part above. I do blame that "sinner" for thinking life should be perfect for him, and wanting it so, to kill for it. What recourse did they have? Move somewhere else. I did. Unfortunately as you say, a gov't agency or law enforcement is not in the cards because of what we all know is inactivity by the local authorities (of any kind here). Yes it's sad when a situation has come to this soi dog problem and I don't like it either. It is also very disturbing when the situation is so bad, like it is, that many posters here are condoning the killing. I'm sorry but blaming the animal that is trying to survive, can't do it!

I don't think it will ever end until the Thai people are informed that abandoning their pets will incur jail time etc. They are the irresponsible ones in my opinion along with gov't inaction. 

I didn't like my neighbors either because they were too noisy, (farangs.) Partied too often, day and night. I moved. I didn't kill them. Yes I have also had problems with soi dogs and neighbors dogs. Also howling dogs at night. The neighbors dogs don't give me problems anymore. They see me walking my dog with a big stick. I have told them what I will use it for. 

4 hours ago, 72BKK said:

I am horrified by previous comments. Soi dogs are part of this environment and of thai culture. They bark and live their lives exactly as men scream and live theirs. You can't kill animals just because you don't like them. Learn how to deal with them. I have never had problems with soi dogs in 10 years of bangkok. I found they are useful cause they keep reptiles away from my house and my kids. And most of all they are part of this country that is our host, you well educated people should not forget that

Are you extracting the urine!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

In oz if your dog is outside leashless you get fined or have to pay to get your dog back.. All dogs are registered. There are zero feral dogs in oz. 

So does anybody have the minister for animal affairs email address. Let's together at Thai visa support the improvement of human/animal cohabitation.

16 minutes ago, BoganInParasite said:

There are a small number of soi dogs in central Nan city and none have ever really bothered me beyond requiring the occasional strong words to herd them out of the way as I'm walking. But night is different. I don't know whether it is soi dogs or domestic dogs or a combination but they definitely roam as a pack and as other posters have said defend their territory. I've heard some noisy and long barking battles and once a fortnight at least some real fighting going on. I'm not a weakling by any stretch of the imagination but I would not like to encounter these packs at night if not in the company of others. I would prefer soi dogs to be eradicated and domestic dogs confined to barracks.

sounds like you maybe better of not living in SE Asia if you want all street dogs dead and pets confined to barracks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Innocent dogs die in a horrific way and there are people here that applaud that?

I hope you can still look in the mirror.

Remember what goes around will come around , sick making people!

How do you think that they kill pigs (one of the more intelligent species, up there with dogs), before you eat them?

Ever seen a Thai kill a chicken for the pot? 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Maybe the killer rightly feared his family might get rabies from them and acted to ensure his family were protected. 

Doesn't have to be rabies, just imagine a walkaway toddler being mauled by a pack of these vicious beasts. They go after grown up cyclists. So, good on you "sinner"...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:
7 minutes ago, humbug said:
Animal murderer 20 years jail 2 million baht fine per animal

Ridiculous !

I'd say idiotic.

"All jurisdictions require that the victim be a natural person; that is, a human being who was still alive before being murdered. In other words, under the law one cannot murder a corpse, a corporation, a non-human animal, or any other non-human organism such as a plant or bacterium."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1