Immigration Moving Back To Airport

jeffandgop

Im due for an extension on the 15th--Will see if I can get any info---perhaps my last long mbike haul out there

But as noted It would be nice to split the 2 offices of diff visa purposes before all hell breaks loose again

But of course You Tink Too Mutt!!!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Im due for an extension on the 15th--Will see if I can get any info---perhaps my last long mbike haul out there

But as noted It would be nice to split the 2 offices of diff visa purposes before all hell breaks loose again

But of course You Tink Too Mutt!!!!

Go early and no worries

18 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

I shouldn't be suggesting something sensible but to ease everyones pains I thought it would be better to move all the tourist visa stuff and the 90 days and the visa extensions back into the city; and leave Prom to deal with retirement and spouse visas.

Completely takes away the congestion (provided they add a few staff to manage that)

A pipedream I know

Sure it would be a great idea for all involved. But forget progressive ideas here .

13 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I want real confirmation and then I will believe it. There should be a sign posted regarding the move somewhere. I spoke to an IO on 90 day three weeks ago and she said soon but didn't know. Asked her where she preferred and she likes it right where she is.

Of course she likes it where it is, they just take off at any time of the day while you wait for your number to be mumbled and go shopping. New venue wont have that feature as well as more VIP  IMO's watching her.

Confirm. A lady working the queues at immigration Promenada told me yesterday that they plan to move on Sep 24, but she wasn't sure which types of services first. The new building at the old site near the airport looks definitely ready. I hope they will have a better system of handling the queues. At Promenada yesterday the queue for retirement/teaching/education was horrible.

20 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

What, all services?  Or will some remain at the Promenada for the time being. If they move everything in one go it could be chaos, for a week of three.

I was told all services will move by immigration officer. Parking will be  problem but she did point out the blue bus service stops at the new facility.

Not going to condemn the new place as it is a total rebuild, maybe, just maybe it will be hi tec paperless and the like???

Or am I living an unlikely hope?

3 minutes ago, 1337markus said:

Of course she likes it where it is, they just take off at any time of the day while you wait for your number to be mumbled and go shopping. New venue wont have that feature as well as more VIP  IMO's watching her.

And it will be a blow for Promenada as well. Right now, it's dead most of the weekdays if not for us tormented souls prowling coffee shops and eateries and overpriced apparel stands, waiting for our number to be, maybe, called.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, arithai12 said:

And it will be a blow for Promenada as well. Right now, it's dead most of the weekdays if not for us tormented souls prowling coffee shops and eateries and overpriced apparel stands, waiting for our number to be, maybe, called.

Totally agree with you. Last weeks TM 30 quick report took 2 hours of waiting as they write out ticket numbers for you only if you know to ask for them. Now I understand why they dont have a bank indicator board for ticket numbers, they are leaving the building. However a bank indicator board wont deter the Chinese who seem to have reasonable English who barge in, agents and " dont you know who I am Thais" all queue jumpers.

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Does anybody has a map of this new building?

I've never been there because I've always gone to Promenada.

Yeah, Promenada will be a ghost mall soon.

The new building is at the SAME location that the old building was. It's on the left hand side just before you turn off to the airport.

4 minutes ago, lordblackader said:

The new building is at the SAME location that the old building was. It's on the left hand side just before you turn off to the airport.

We newbies have never been to the old building wherever that is. A map would be helpful.

The new building structure will have cost 5 million and maybe more. To fit it out with the so called hi tech etc another million.

The rents for those "useless to anyone else" units must be a pittance what, 600k a year?

Why not stay there another 10yrs if the new building is going to be no better...for the same price

And help Promenada and the other businesses continue crawling on their knees

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I haven't seen it yet, but a buddy of mine said he went back to old site and they have a brand new building all ready to go.

That’s the only reason that makes sense. The old site was like ten cans of sardines squashed into one on a busy day. Totally inadequate. 

1 hour ago, 1337markus said:

Totally agree with you. Last weeks TM 30 quick report took 2 hours of waiting as they write out ticket numbers for you only if you know to ask for them. Now I understand why they dont have a bank indicator board for ticket numbers, they are leaving the building. However a bank indicator board wont deter the Chinese who seem to have reasonable English who barge in, agents and " dont you know who I am Thais" all queue jumpers.

I don't put up with Que jumper Chinese. They hear my mouth. 

1 hour ago, 1337markus said:

Could have saved yourself 1 hour and  55 minutes of waiting if you had done your TM30 at Building 3 at the old/ soon to be new, immigration office. Mentioned many times on this forum.

• Like 2