Obama rebukes Trump and Republicans for 'abuses of power,' urges Democrats to vote

rooster59

10 minutes ago, riclag said:

I like and can understand your point.I'm a retired, Business owner but before that during my youth I had all the endorsements  for a CDL. I probably would of retired from trucking with a full 30 years in, if it wasn't for NAFTA and how it took away many of the USA  southern and northern inter-modal operations. Good for You and to hell with Globalist! 

And who did you vote for down the years?!

I’m not interested in the revisionist version so treat the question as rhetorical.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, riclag said:

Wrong ,it's BS,Obama made a mess of the world  .Many American's didn't want another 4 years of his apoligizing to the world for past administrations. He failed at uniting America ,hence change. His forcing people to  buy Obamacare or pay  a penalty tax, for me $800 for others who can't afford health Ins,more than that. In 2008 he ran on not giving in to lobbyist,years later he bailed out the banks than the CEO turned around and thanked him,while they were giving themselves millions in pay increases .

Obama went around the world and apologized for America .The scum bag let  America  down.

Are you really saying that it is wrong to apologise for past wrongs?

• Like 1

American Presidential politics are fickle, wake me up when that changes.
8 years of Clinton lead to 8 years of Bush which lead to 8 years of Obama which brings us to Trump. So the only question is will it be 4 or 8 years.
Democrats lost approximately 1000 state and local seats during Obama’s 8 years.
Voter turnout is apathetic and therefore the election results don’t necessarily reflect the true sentiment of the entire nation. The results only reflect the 60% at best that are willing to go to the effort to be polled.

“Voter turnout in the United States fluctuates in national elections. In recent elections, about 60% of the voting eligible population votes during presidential election years, and about 40% votes during midterm elections. Turnout is lower for odd year, primary and local elections.”
Voter Turnout - Fairvote

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KMartinHandyman said:

American Presidential politics are fickle, wake me up when that changes.
8 years of Clinton lead to 8 years of Bush which lead to 8 years of Obama which brings us to Trump. So the only question is will it be 4 or 8 years.
Democrats lost approximately 1000 state and local seats during Obama’s 8 years.
Voter turnout is apathetic and therefore the election results don’t necessarily reflect the true sentiment of the entire nation. The results only reflect the 60% at best that are willing to go to the effort to be polled.

“Voter turnout in the United States fluctuates in national elections. In recent elections, about 60% of the voting eligible population votes during presidential election years, and about 40% votes during midterm elections. Turnout is lower for odd year, primary and local elections.”
Voter Turnout - Fairvote

By most indications Democrats are a lot more motivated about voting in midterms than are Republicans. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

By most indications Democrats are a lot more motivated about voting in midterms than are Republicans. 

As much as I'd like to believe that, this is one area I'd be careful casting predictions about. Notoriously dodgy to accurately assess, and all the more so with regard to certain demographics and groups. Democrats being more motivated in areas were they already hold sway is one thing, winning over contested seats or those traditionally held by the other side is another matter.

• Like 1

Just now, Morch said:

As much as I'd like to believe that, this is one area I'd be careful casting predictions about. Notoriously dodgy to accurately assess, and all the more so with regard to certain demographics and groups. Democrats being more motivated in areas were they already hold sway is one thing, winning over contested seats or those traditionally held by the other side is another matter.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/07/27/turnout-in-this-years-u-s-house-primaries-is-up-especially-on-the-democratic-side/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/democrats-outperforming-republicans-in-small-donations-1536139801

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

What a idiot. He failed badly as president and now he's taking ownership of the economy recovery.

What a divisive speech.

America needs a strong leader. Not a dreamer.

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

29 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

To sum up your thesesi, business is good therefore it's because of Trump. And you mock other people's grasp of economics?

When they reply with a rediculous comment. Yes, I mock them. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

The first link hardly makes your argument. If anything it demonstrates the complexity of such predictions, and the many ways in which presentation of figures can be manipulated. The second link is, again, not quite what this is about.

12 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Shouldn't be a surprise really...……….after all you have got a president with the intelligence and attention span of a 6 yr old, and he'd probably eaten too many big Macs.

What else would you expect?

I'd expect he actually watched every minute of it, fumed and hurled abuse at the screen (plus any unfortunate enough to be present).

• Like 2

On 9/8/2018 at 1:27 PM, PhonThong said:

You are really showing your ignorance. Our drivers can earn $100,000 plus in their first year.

<----------->

You, should not respond to things you obviously know nothing about.

You call me ignorant which is derived from the Latin word ignorare = not knowing. You would like to silence me with the fact that you cannot find a driver for your company earning +100,000$ in their first year. Or more than 8.000$ monthly. But I don't know, if „earning“ means gross or net in your case.

After searching the internet, I have to believe that it isn't easy to find a driver for your company because of some state regulation. Therefore immigrants can't get the job, in general. I have to correct me.

But internet also showed me that you gave me/us only a look at one side of the coin, the bright side. This salary maybe given in NYK, San Francisco, Palo Alto, Los Angeles, Boston, big cities etc. The dark side is the inflated prices of living in those/your locations. Especially rent an apartment i.e. with prices about 50% of the income or more. And possibly not near to the driver's residence.

I've read in San Francisco a two-paycheck-couple isn't able to start a familiy because they belong to the low-income earners with an income of 10,350$ ! Furthermore, I have read in the Silicon Valey a coupe, she a lawyer, he a software-ingeneer, are not able to raise a family because of the „tremendous“ living costs.

With the same income they would be kings/queens in the rust belt or Mississippi-delta where the yearly earning of 40,000§ is of „no need“. You can guess the daily costs are there much, much cheaper.

I could ad more of these conflicting results. If this is true what I've read then you must admit that earning as much as +100,000$ yearly isn't the point if you are hit by inflation of the prices for goods and daily/monthly living in your residence. It's only a sign that it easier to gain a job at now. But it's not a sign that the poor and the middle class got richer. Getting richer ,means the net income must start upwards.

Let's wait for some years. Then we can talk about this again.