My positive experience with Thai Elite Visa

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

My real cost for my retirement extension is under 2000B per year, not per month, to which I would need to add between 1000B and 3900B for re-entry permits if desired. So say 6000B max or 500B per month as an absolute maximum. I dont really see how it could possibly cost anyone 2000B per month to do this.

As mentioned in a previous - deleted - post, I dont understand why anyone who is over 50 or married would choose to pay so much for something that can be had much cheaper and very easily by just doing it oneself. And for those who are over 50 or married but who really cant be a*sed to do it themselves, why not just get an agent to do it for much lower total cost instead?

I can see the advantage of Thai Elite for those who dont qualify for retirement or marriage extensions, but for those who do qualify it seems entirely pointless. Still, it's your money to spend as you wish.

Ultimately it's horses for courses, personal choice, nothing more nothing less. In my book, end of story.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure what you are trying to say. The two are not the same.

The PE visa allows unlimited one year entries for 5 years.

If you have a extension of stay based upon marriage or retirement you have to apply for an new extension every year and supply all the required documents and financial proof it you want to stay longer than a year. And a re-entry permit it you want to travel.

With a PE visa it is your choice as to to either leave and re-enter the country for another year of stay or apply for a one year extension with no other proof than the PE visa in your passport. I would guess that most people with a PE visa travel at least once during the year and would never need to apply for an extension.

So presumably, as in the case of an OA visa, you can come and go as you please during a PE visa's 5-year lifetime without the need for a re-entry permit? And it is, I take it, possible to get almost 6 years out of this visa in practice by doing a border run just before its expiry date (although it follows that a re-entry permit would then be needed to safeguard your latest permission to stay if you were intending to travel to foreign parts during the 6th year)?

59 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So presumably, as in the case of an OA visa, you can come and go as you please during a PE visa's 5-year lifetime without the need for a re-entry permit? And it is, I take it, possible to get almost 6 years out of this visa in practice by doing a border run just before its expiry date (although it follows that a re-entry permit would then be needed to safeguard your latest permission to stay if you were intending to travel to foreign parts during the 6th year)?

Correct. Re-enter Thailand day before your 5 years Elite Visa expires and you get another year in passport. But leaving during the 6th year automatically cancels re-entry.

Edited by BMW Overlander
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AsiaHand said:

Same as a retiree not leaving the country every year.

same as marriage extensions. just heard with the elite they needed to leave every year but heard wrong. seems they do extensions but without having to do any further paper work which makes more sense for the money being sent

8 minutes ago, AsiaHand said:

What is the cost of the  elite visa  extension at the end of the 5 years.?

The visa cannot be extended. A new visa would have to be issued.

If the Thai Elite membership was for more than 5 years there would be no fee for the new visa. If only for 5 years a new membership would have be paid for which at this time is 500k baht for another 5 years.

8 hours ago, Ratt Thai said:

@glegolo

1: for me and my wife, our peace of mind, no worry for the next 20 years....

2: every 5 years a new passport with a new 5 year visa sticker sounds good to me... 

3: no need for wondering how and why people do different or choose to do things another way...

4: its not because i CAN do it, its because i WANT to do it... 

5: This pleasant experience i had / have might be helpful for others who are seeking for their comfort.

The first 3 reasons bothered me a bit.... No.1...situations and circumstances can change greatly over 20 yrs...No. 2...I change my PP every 10 yrs. Wouldn't want to do it every 5 yrs.....No 3...I really don't see how it's any of my business how people do their business (apart from getting tips from them) so I do not spend time wondering how or why they choose to do it their way.

I'm glad though it suits you personally and went very smooth for you. For me personally, like an earlier poster said, ...the 1,900 Bt. once a year suits me fine.

Edited by dotpoom
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Ratt Thai said:

@glegolo

1: for me and my wife, our peace of mind, no worry for the next 20 years....

2: every 5 years a new passport with a new 5 year visa sticker sounds good to me... 

3: no need for wondering how and why people do different or choose to do things another way...

4: its not because i CAN do it, its because i WANT to do it... 

5: This pleasant experience i had / have might be helpful for others who are seeking for their comfort.

Have you used it yet?

sure you had quick turnaround. for 1 mil baht I would hope so. You might want to ask them exactly how many people have signed up for the elite program...

Edited by Rama
edit text

I read recent reports that DLT are only giving out 2 year DL replacements now for Thai Elite holders rather than 5 year which would be a significant disadvantage of the Elite visa over a standard non-immigrant visa. 

• Like 1