U.S. President Trump facing a 'coup' - Bannon

webfact

2 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Good point!

Something else. All the big players, Kelly, Huckabilly and all the others scream "Traitor" or "Coward". Yet that is exactly what they all are. Cowards for knowing the truth - traitors for letting the USA suffer as a result.

And another thing. Tramp to Trump supports her husband by calling the person, "Coward ' also. She too is a coward for putting up with her despicable excuse for a husband when every picture of her lemon sucking face shows she despises him.

Cowardice all round then, yes?

I think that Melania is in between a rock and a hard place and is having to bite her lip until her moronic husband is removed from office.  But can you imagine the book deals to come.  I am sure that the ghost writers are busy scribbling away and once Trump has been ousted I am sure all the players will have their books to sell.

As for cowardice?  Trump surrounds himself with trough feeders so let's not be naïve enough to expect any moral compasses from them.  I do feel sympathy for Melania but I am sure when she gets the chance she won't hold back on the vitriol.

7 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I think that Melania is in between a rock and a hard place and is having to bite her lip until her moronic husband is removed from office. 

She most likely will stick with him until he kicks the bucket. She probably signed a prenuptial agreement and if she does leave him she will get every left shoe she has ever bought and nothing else!

14 minutes ago, wayned said:

She most likely will stick with him until he kicks the bucket. She probably signed a prenuptial agreement and if she does leave him she will get every left shoe she has ever bought and nothing else!

Don't agree. A prenuptial saying that she cannot divorce him?  Never heard of that.  As for the financial side, she will make millions out of the book deals and interviews.  Not like she was Trump's first wife and the others walked away relatively unscathed.  Melania has become empowered through this ordeal and there will be many to stand in her corner should she need them. 

48 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I think the vice president is more dangerous than POTUS. He was elected for four years so let him do the four; unless he really does something traitoress. 

Unless? Lol. That’s what is being researched now. 

Edited by ncc1701d

13 hours ago, webfact said:

U.S. President Donald Trump is facing a "coup", former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon told Reuters

That he is.  I hope he does something about it before he has a JFK moment. :dry:

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Jimmy? Jimmy Carter? Does he even have a willy?

Barry Boys pimps are Karl Marx, Franz Fanon and Bill Ayers.

Funny how you didnt mention Reagan, Bush or Nixon. 

Perhaps he didn't mention them cos he's not sure whether Reagan, Bush or Nixon ever used their willies....

If Trump thinks the Justice department is going to find out who is behind this, I fear he will be sadly disappointed. They haven't been much help to him so far, and the top guy is either deliberately staying out of it, or, IMO, a Trojan horse.

However, once the GOP remains in power after November, or even increases it's majority, with Sessions ( hopefully ) gone, things may improve.

Whatever one's bias, if this is the way of US politics from now on, it's going to be bad for all of us, wherever we live, and for those that think it'll end when Trump goes, think again.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

And there are millions of Americans who feel just the opposite. Trump was elected to clean out the entrenched deep state and the result you see are these people attempting to nullify the 2016 election which put the right person in the White House 

Trump was elected to clean out the entrenched deep state?  I don't recall that being a campaign issue.

Regardless, the "deep state" described in the article is made up of Trump appointees.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Trump was elected to clean out the entrenched deep state?  I don't recall that being a campaign issue.

Regardless, the "deep state" described in the article is made up of Trump appointees.

Unless I'm much mistaken, "draining the swamp" was code for attacking the "deep state" (which of course exists, the members of which can be observed in Davos in January of each year.)  

PS the truly disappointing thing about the Trump presidency is that rather than drain the swamp, he tended to fill it.  

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 5:56 AM, darksidedog said:

There are many, many millions more who also believe that Donald Trump is not fit to be president of the United States. The discord in his own ranks is growing as more and more people realise what a terrible mistake they have made. I pray for the sake of humanity that they get rid of him soon. The damage, discord and disharmony he sows with every passing day has to be stopped. I am no fan of Bannon, but I do agree with him on this one, that Trump is neither fit nor competent.

Not very tactfull as a Mod, there millions who like Trump.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blazes said:

Unless I'm much mistaken, "draining the swamp" was code for attacking the "deep state" (which of course exists, the members of which can be observed in Davos in January of each year.)  

PS the truly disappointing thing about the Trump presidency is that rather than drain the swamp, he tended to fill it.  

When someone uses a phrase like "of course", it's best to be doubly on your guard.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 5:56 AM, darksidedog said:

There are many, many millions more who also believe that Donald Trump is not fit to be president of the United States.

There are also 50 million+ people who voted for him, a great many of whom regard him as "their guy". And if we are to believe the media, a great many of them are ignorant rednecks, armed to the teeth.

How do you think they are going to react if "their guy" is unhorsed by some insider Washington legalistic maneuvers? Not quietly, in my estimation.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

There are also 50 million+ people who voted for him, a great many of whom regard him as "their guy". And if we are to believe the media, a great many of them are ignorant rednecks, armed to the teeth.

How do you think they are going to react if "their guy" is unhorsed by some insider Washington legalistic maneuvers? Not quietly, in my estimation.

So in your opinion "mob rule" trumps "legalistic maneuvers?" Anyway, I think the threat of that happening is just a bogeyman raised by the desperate Right.

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

So in your opinion "mob rule" trumps "legalistic maneuvers?" Anyway, I think the threat of that happening is just a bogeyman raised by the desperate Right.

I never said anything remotely like that. Stop making stuff up.

I made a genuine inquiry as to what the reaction of the more extreme "deplorables" might be. If you think it's unlikely to be important, just say so, and stop trying to create straw men arguments.

• Like 1

Just now, RickBradford said:

I never said anything remotely like that. Stop making stuff up.

I made a genuine inquiry as to what the reaction of the more extreme "deplorables" might be. If you think it's unlikely to be important, just say so, and stop trying to create straw men arguments.

If your question stopped here,

"How do you think they are going to react if "their guy" is unhorsed by some insider Washington legalistic maneuvers?"

you might have a case to make for your sincerity.  A weak one, since you characterized the threat to Trump as merely "legalistic maneuvres" but still a case. But since you followed with this

"Not quietly, in my estimation."

it's clear your question was a a loaded one and your righteous indignation rings hollow.

Time to get used to Trump being the duly-elected president.  The Trump-haters have been trying to get rid of him for about 2-3 years now and it only makes him stronger.  He did indicate he will step down after his second term ends, though there will probably be a push to amend the constitution to let him stay on for one more. He will be too old, though.  Trump will be GONE in January 2025 and not before.  Just my opinion.

10 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

it's clear your question was a a loaded one and your righteous indignation rings hollow.

Now you're just being plain silly.

Not being American, I don't know how the more extreme "deplorables" might react if Trump is deposed by what they will undoubtedly see as unfair shenanigans. From the way these people are painted in the press, my best guess is they will take it badly. But what exact form the reaction might take, I don't know.

So I was asking for an informed opinion as to how it might play out. It was just my bad luck that it fell to you to reply.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Now you're just being plain silly.

Not being American, I don't know how the more extreme "deplorables" might react if Trump is deposed by what they will undoubtedly see as unfair shenanigans. From the way these people are painted in the press, my best guess is they will take it badly. But what exact form the reaction might take, I don't know.

So I was asking for an informed opinion as to how it might play out. It was just my bad luck that it fell to you to reply.

Had you asked the question without the pejorative phrasing, you might have a better case.

7 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Had you asked the question without the pejorative phrasing, you might have a better case.

I'm afraid you're overdosing on trying to unearth hidden meaning where there is none.

As I said, just my bad luck it fell to you to answer a straightforward and simple question to which I would be interested to know the answer. If you have a straight answer, by all means give it. Otherwise, .....

• Like 1