Alleged Koh Tao rape victim in her first interview accuses police of suppressing truth 

Jonathan Fairfield

As I recall in the very first reports of this rape, the victim claimed the police would not record details of the rape, so no surprise they have no record of it.

Secondly the the request of the RTP to interview the victim in London, what is the motive? to seriously investigate the crime or discredit the the victim?

I am sure I have the same views as the victim on this and that's why she will not take up the the RTP's offer.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

OK, you've convinced me, the UK police should investigate.

So first step would be for them to interview the 4 male friends she was with, then DNA test them.

UK police usually investigate the last bloke she was with of drugging and raping her, no need to involve Thailand at all.

Most rape is nearly always someone they know.

Glad to see that the claims of a male, regardless of his ethnicity, height and haircut, apparently sticking his dick in a female where it wasn't wanted does somehow resonate with you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Easy enough to record the police saying 'no' on your phone.

Also even in the UK if while being interviewed by the police I were to pull out a phone to record the conversation I would be told to switch it off...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Also even in the UK if while being interviewed by the police I were to pull out a phone to record the conversation I would be told to switch it off...

If you're interviewed by the police in the UK, they record it and give you a copy of the tape at the end of the interview.

Roadside stops in Thailand, I'm always recording.

Edited by BritManToo

54 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

So why is he pushing the rape rhetoric? 

Also, are you now saying that a rape may have occurred? 

To delay reduce, or prevent the possibility of him becoming a suspect?

Looking back at the Soham murders. The murderer went on national television to plead for the two girls to come home and was very involved in organizing and participating in the searches. This was shortly after he had already murdered them in his home and had dumped the bodies.

Another one was the dry-eyed bawling father and mother on UK national television, pleading for whoever had set fire to their home and killed 6 siblings to confess. This was after their own, evil plan to start the house fire in order to frame some former love interest went horribly wrong.

Extreme cases I know but it's very common behaviour in many, many real-life as well as movie and television court room dramas.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

So if you wanna report a crime here, you have to take precautions in case the police don't wanna do their job? And the girl is the one not to be trusted, right? 

All that plus paying the RTP a stipend, typically 5000 baht, to open the log book.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TPI said:

Hasn't she a DNA sample on her clothes? Hasn't she submitted them to Scotland Yard? What sort of proof do YOU need????

A DNA sample of what? Body fluid from some guy on her clothes. What exactly proves that?

It would be interesting to analyze some clothes from some girls who work in Thailand at the end of their shifts. I am pretty sure you will find lots of body fluids on them, probably from a couple of guys. Does this mean all those girls were raped?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

A DNA sample of what? Body fluid from some guy on her clothes. What exactly proves that?

It would be interesting to analyze some clothes from some girls who work in Thailand at the end of their shifts. I am pretty sure you will find lots of body fluids on them, probably from a couple of guys. Does this mean all those girls were raped?

So which kind of proof you deem sufficient for rape?

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

To delay reduce, or prevent the possibility of him becoming a suspect?

Looking back at the Soham murders. The murderer went on national television to plead for the two girls to come home and was very involved in organizing and participating in the searches. This was shortly after he had already murdered them in his home and had dumped the bodies.

Another one was the dry-eyed bawling father and mother on UK national television, pleading for whoever had set fire to their home and killed 6 siblings to confess. This was after their own, evil plan to start the house fire in order to frame some former love interest went horribly wrong.

Extreme cases I know but it's very common behaviour in many, many real-life as well as movie and television court room dramas.

If it happened and was being investigated in a country like the UK, sure. It's plausible. When the police force in question seemingly doesn't wanna investigate because they want to protect tourism (his words not mine), it would surely make more sense to go along with it and keep quiet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lubfishin said:
21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Accusations, accusations, and more accusations. Sounds like MeToo.

How about some evidence?

Post a couple of picture of her and let's look how many people will come forward with information about what she did in Thailand.

And then please publish whatever people all this. Because accusations is all we need, it seems nobody cares about facts and evidence anymore.

Oh come on man are you serious? You know this is Thailand and how things work. You know they will protect the tourism money by all means necessary. I'm still trying to figure out if you are being for real or not. Your post irritates me a little bit if you are being real.

I am real and I am fed-up with the situation that when women spread some accusations then this is taken as fact by many people.

Did no women ever lie? Are they all innocent?

Men and women lie all the time for various reasons. And most of these lies are ignored. Or if a pretty girl tells a guy she loves him and wants to stay with him forever then some people say he is the idiot because he believed her.

But when a women who gets regularly drunk tells a tabloid she was raped on an island somewhere far away then we are supposed to believe every word of her? Why?

Maybe she had sex on the beach, maybe she had male body fluid on her clothes. And now? She was so drunk she does not remember anything.

I think rapist should be punished severely - if the rape actually happened and if there is clear evidence that it was rape.

Just accusations from a drunk are not good enough.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, newcomer71 said:

How about eye witnesses, video footage, scratches, evidence after a medical examination, etc.?

It's not about what I think is proof.

She could have visited a doctor, she didn't.

She could have reported the rape to the police on that island (with a witness) on the day when it supposedly happened, she didn't.

She could have alerted many places so that they kept the existing video footage, she didn't.

She didn't do all the things which victims are supposed to do. And it's not that she was in hospital and couldn't do all those things. No, she traveled to the full moon party and that was obviously a reason to ignore all of above.

But we are still supposed to believe her...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

22 hours ago, Happy enough said:

so come back and file the complaint as requested by the RTP. it's a must. otherwise it's all hearsay. even scotland yard can't do anything

Pathetic response. 

I read the article in the Times and the girls account is more than credible.  We all know how the Thai authorities cover up and lie and I would be very reluctant to come back to Thailand knowing that the police would bully and lie to cover it up. This is a nineteen year old who is obviously traumatised  by her experience and knows that she cannot trust the Thais to give her a fair hearing. 

Shame on you Thailand!  Been said many times before and no doubt will be many times again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about eye witnesses, video footage, scratches, evidence after a medical examination, etc.?

It's not about what I think is proof.

She could have visited a doctor, she didn't.

She could have reported the rape to the police on that island (with a witness) on the day when it supposedly happened, she didn't.

She could have alerted many places so that they kept the existing video footage, she didn't.

She didn't do all the things which victims are supposed to do. And it's not that she was in hospital and couldn't do all those things. No, she traveled to the full moon party and that was obviously a reason to ignore all of above.

But we are still supposed to believe her...

She had bruises and scars, she did try to report at KP but police accepted theft report but not rape report (This raises some doubts or not?).
Video footage? On KT???

Police even mistaken the place of where supposedly the rape took place, come on.
I don't even say the rape took place, I don't know that for sure. But the sheer incompetence of the RTP mixed with the obvious interest to NOT investigate tells me, if I have some doubts, i put them on the Police version more than on the girl's one...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Did it ever cross your mind for one second that some young people do not drink or take drugs or act promiscuously? Your "fact" is complete and utter nonsense. So every foreign girl who goes to a full moon party is there for sex and drugs? More nonsense. Less than 20% of UK adults between 19 and 24 have taken drugs within a year. And that's in the home country. I would say that the vast majority would not touch drugs in Thailand as the consequences of doing so are well documented. Your fact is nothing of the kind.

When the girl goes to the Police and reports her rape they refuse to register her complaint. Is that too difficult for you to understand? 

Complete nonsense , you claim that less than 20% of Uk adults take drugs, and that might be, but it is not representative for the young people who go to the Full moon parties. Drugs and booze and sex, thats whats it all about.
I would say 90% of them come for that reason.

When you go to a Full moon party you know what to expect, try it and see for yourself.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, newcomer71 said:

Cuts, bruises, blood samples showing drugs, videos of her fighting or being dragged, his skin under her fingernails, witnesses to the abduction. Stuff like that.

If it's just 'he said, she said', or in this case just 'she said', why even waste time investigating.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cranky said:

Good luck getting anything other than an answering machine and bill form the Brit Embassy - other than a nice long G&T if you happen to be 'in the know' of course

Says allot for british authorizes then lol