CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

CharlieH

you should have passed on this one indeed.
This site is for helping each other was my understanding.
Got the downloaded form from Immigration working already in acrobat DC now. (did not worked before in Acrobat Pro)
But thanks for nothing.

You are not helping anybody have a nice day or anything else positive.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

you should have passed on this one indeed.

This site is for helping each other was my understanding. Got the downloaded form from Immigration working already in acrobat DC now. (did not worked before in Acrobat Pro) But thanks for nothing.

I'm sure everybody is mightily delivered knowing that you couldn't get Acrobat Pro to work but you fixed the problem with DC. Maybe you meant that Acrobat DC didn't work but plain Pro DC did, or maybe that Acrobat Pro X didn't work, though I'm sure everybody but me got it. Anyway, what I was really wondering, for the understanding of all, was why you didn't give Adobe or Foxit Readers a try, seeing as they were designed to fill in forms readily made fillable with Acrobat. So, what you're saying is that being informed that the purpose of all versions of Acrobat you're armed with is to readily make the blank form I posted fillable was not helpful to anybody? Or were you just speaking for yourself?   

On 3/1/2019 at 9:15 AM, terminatorchiangmai said:

Does anyone have the new TM 8 form fillable ?

The downloaded one from Immigration website  gives problems half way wit fonts and therefore can not be filled in completely on the computer.

Thanks you advance.

Cheers

Try using Foxit Reader.  I have been able to fill in almost any form using the writer function.

On 2/26/2019 at 2:22 PM, EricTh said:

Go to the farang-friendly branches. 

For Bangkok Bank, it is Kad Suan Kaew branch. Many foreigners have opened their accounts there with no problem if you have residence cert.

We are still trying to find which branch of SCB is farang-friendliest.

I had no,problem opening my Hangdong Lotus SCB Branch account, but had a long time. Used Passport with Non-0 for Marriage, later Divorce. Explain to manager why you want to open it. Once you have can use any branch with book and debit card. Good luck!

6 minutes ago, Danthai said:

I had no,problem opening my Hangdong Lotus SCB Branch account, but had a long time. Used Passport with Non-0 for Marriage, later Divorce. Explain to manager why you want to open it. Once you have can use any branch with book and debit card. Good luck!

Can't resist asking? You can get a visa based on marriage-divorced? Thanks. 

Went to CM immigration this afternoon to get a TV extensions .

New sign on the wall stated that TV extensions take 15 minutes , usually its an hour at least and usually a few hours , sometimes the whole day (from 3 am to 3 PM)

Got there today about 3 PM , filled out the form and handed the application in , five minutes later got called up for a photo and five minutes later , got given my PP back with extension , out within 10 minutes .

Previously there would be a big backlog of PP waiting to be processed , seems like they've upped their game and are now keeping on top of the PP build up and processing them immediately  , another benefit was there wasnt 30 people all waiting in the office to get their PP's back and the place seemed quite empty .

A little big of organisation and things are much quicker

Did my 90 day report online today at 2.00, was  approved tonight

at 19.00, they must be on night shift now????,very easy,no problems,

why anyone would want to go to office,or even mail,beats me.

regards worgeordie   P.S. not sure what's going to happen when you have to prove 800 K still in the bank though

Yes, 90Online is easy, when it works.
Some of us are unable to use it, in my case, since I renewed my passport 14 months ago.
I visited Imm yesterday at 11 and the (short) number queue took longer than being served at the 90day counter.
In and out in 15 minutes.....

They only now need the completed TM47 and your passport, assuming you DIY.

On 3/20/2019 at 10:45 PM, worgeordie said:

Did my 90 day report online today at 2.00, was  approved tonight

at 19.00, they must be on night shift now????,very easy,no problems,

why anyone would want to go to office,or even mail,beats me.

regards worgeordie   P.S. not sure what's going to happen when you have to prove 800 K still in the bank though

I am betting they don't either.

4 hours ago, davehowden said:

Probably still working out how to turn it into a nice little earner!

Apparently agents in some areas that have "assisted" with initial application are charging 500 baht for the 90 day or subsequent bank check report, so all in hand.

I just moved to Pratumnak (Pattaya) from Chiang Mai and had my first experience with the ChonBuri Immigration office.  Man, what a difference!  CM IMM could sure learn a few things from them.  Crowded as hell but they sure know how to keep things moving smoothly and efficiently, and the officers actually know how to smile and be helpful!  I got the impression they actually like us Farangs down here LOL.  No need for an private agent or line-sitter here!

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

Apparently agents in some areas that have "assisted" with initial application are charging 500 baht for the 90 day or subsequent bank check report, so all in hand.

What am I failing to understand here? What is this subsequent bank check report about? This is for what, when?

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised that there has not been dicussion of the removal ,under article 44,of Pol Lt Surachate Hakparn commonly known as "Big Joke" former poster boy for Immigration.If you missed the discussion it on TV's main page.

It may of been a co incidence but service at CM Imm certainly reached new levels of competence during his short tenure

I think we are still in the Intrim stage of the new regulation

I think people who have there Affidavit before December 30 would make it

But would not say this for sure

The more people get to June the more we will know

You would be best to actually goo in person

If you want ti from the Horses Mouth

At the front desk ask for a senior officer

You have that right to ask someone in authority

Otherwise just wait till someone goes and trys to get a Via Extension

4 hours ago, DonDoRondo said:

Earlier this year, when the new requirements were being implemented I was told by my long time visa service, that Assists people, that the first year of the new requirements Immigration would accept 3 months of deposits and then next year it would be 12 months.  I've recently double checked this information with the same service but a different staff member, and was told there is now no 3 month leeway- only 12 months of deposits is acceptable with no exceptions.

My question is does anyone have the correct information about this?  If it's just 12 months, what happened to the 3 month phasing in?  The new requirements for citizens of the 4 countries that used the affidavit has only been in effect 4-5 months.  

It would be ex post facto, unlawful in rational countries, to require compliance with an order eight months before the order was enacted. Probably imm will see it that way but, TIT.  I'll find out in July.

After recently getting the TM30 1600bt sting for ignoring three required updates I was going to make sure I nailed it nice and early this time.

Arrived back in the country friday and headed straight down there on monday morning.

Closed, well done me!

Tuesday midday, mega queue to update the TM30 but it was quick

After stamping everything she says "next time within 24hr please"

"oh, I didnt know you were open saturday and sunday and your public holiday

They still strive to get one over on us, the price to pay for better efficiency.

So....24hrs to update your TM, I didnt know that

10 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

So....24hrs to update your TM, I didnt know that

Many have updated their TM30 2-5 days after returning to their registered address without any issue or even comment.  A friend returned to his CM registered address this past Monday and updated Wednesday afternoon without an issue or comment about the technical 24-hour rule (he also went in the afternoon and said it took all of 3 minutes).  Appears, based on at least one other's experience, they are either getting more strict or he/she just ran into a given officer who cared about it. 

2 hours ago, CMBob said:

Many have updated their TM30 2-5 days after returning to their registered address without any issue or even comment.  A friend returned to his CM registered address this past Monday and updated Wednesday afternoon without an issue or comment about the technical 24-hour rule (he also went in the afternoon and said it took all of 3 minutes).  Appears, based on at least one other's experience, they are either getting more strict or he/she just ran into a given officer who cared about it. 

I think its just another case of you happen to run into.Must be very tiresome if you are regularly out of the country but have been at the same address for years.Online would help.

1st 90 day in CM (or anywhere)

Does CM still have a specific TM47 form?

Is it true that they now only want to see the TM47 and your passport and no other copies are needed as some have reported?   And is this true for 1st one?

I have also heard that 1st time 90 reports will not work online?

2 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

1st 90 day in CM (or anywhere)

Does CM still have a specific TM47 form?

Is it true that they now only want to see the TM47 and your passport and no other copies are needed as some have reported?   And is this true for 1st one?

I have also heard that 1st time 90 reports will not work online?

Yes they only need your passport and the TM47, no photocopies needed.

I prefer to visit, so i just fill out  TM47 then photocopy it half a dozen times, just leave the date boxes to change.

6 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Yes they only need your passport and the TM47, no photocopies needed.

I prefer to visit, so i just fill out  TM47 then photocopy it half a dozen times, just leave the date boxes to change.

Thanks.  One of the early posts says that the TM47 is specific to CM.  Is that still true?

6 hours ago, CMBob said:

My experience is IMM is pretty flexible if it’s just a few days late.  I was late by 7 days because I arrived back in country on a Saturday and then left Chaing Mai Monday morning for flight to Pattaya where I was traveling around ChonBuri for a week.  When I got back to Chaing Mai the following week I had all sorts of documentation to back up my story.  They didn’t even ask; just stamped my passport and that was it.

Just wondering if anybody can tell me if rules have changed for amount of time money has to be in a Thai bank and the amount that must be on deposit prior to application for renewal of “retirement visa”.

The last time I thought about this, it was 800,000 baht on deposit for 3 months before application for initial visa, and then to renew for the following year it was 2 months.  Is that still the case?

Im not being lazy by asking here; it seems that rules and regulation change so often with IMM, that my best bet for current details is just to ask here.  Hoping some kind person will just give me a simple answer, and will be most appreciative for it ????

Archived