CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

CharlieH

Big improvement.

Retirement extension and re-entry done today, took 2 hours Condo to Condo.

Get your papers together and go to the information desk to get a queue number.

Waited a few minutes to go to be called to the desk and all the papers checked. Couple of things needed to be copied that I had missed and the officer photocopied them for me.

2 minute wait to get passports back (including my wife's)

Back to information to get re-entry queue number after crossing the road to photocopy my new extension stamp in the LPG gas station - 2 Baht each copy.

My number was next, all completed quickly and stamped in our passports and off we went.

What papers?

Application form - include room number, condo name and mobile number
If you do it by 800,000 Baht in the bank:

Bank letter and copy of bank book cover page and the amount page. Also take the original book with you
Passport -
    photo page,
    Non-O visa or the visa transfer stamp if a new passport,
    Latest entry stamp,
    Latest tm7,
    All extensions of stay that are in your passport

TM30 the long thin strip from upstairs at immigration. If you have the hotel or Condo printout you have to go upstairs and get the 'correct' form.
Copy of 90 day report (if needed)

Wife:
    Same but not bank book, instead marriage certificate signed by both

Re-Entry stamp

Application form, include phone number.
Passport
    Photo page,
    last entry
    latest TM7,
    latest extension of stay plus current one if renewing befor your current one expires.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, briley said:

Big improvement.

Retirement extension and re-entry done today, took 2 hours Condo to Condo.

Get your papers together and go to the information desk to get a queue number.

Waited a few minutes to go to be called to the desk and all the papers checked. Couple of things needed to be copied that I had missed and the officer photocopied them for me.

2 minute wait to get passports back (including my wife's)

Back to information to get re-entry queue number after crossing the road to photocopy my new extension stamp in the LPG gas station - 2 Baht each copy.

My number was next, all completed quickly and stamped in our passports and off we went.

What papers?

Application form - include room number, condo name and mobile number
If you do it by 800,000 Baht in the bank:

Bank letter and copy of bank book cover page and the amount page. Also take the original book with you
Passport -
    photo page,
    Non-O visa or the visa transfer stamp if a new passport,
    Latest entry stamp,
    Latest tm7,
    All extensions of stay that are in your passport

TM30 the long thin strip from upstairs at immigration. If you have the hotel or Condo printout you have to go upstairs and get the 'correct' form.
Copy of 90 day report (if needed)

Wife:
    Same but not bank book, instead marriage certificate signed by both

Re-Entry stamp

Passport
    Photo page,
    last entry
    latest TM7,
    latest extension of stay plus current one if renewing befor your current one expires.

"Re-Entry stamp

Passport
    Photo page,
    last entry
    latest TM7,
    latest extension of stay plus current one if renewing befor your current one expires."

Don't understand why you needed the TM7, did you mean TM8?

And no TM30 required?

No TM30!! (Copy of the receipt, of course.)  Now, that's news! However, I would definitely NOT recommend going to Thai Immigration in Chiang Mai without a copy of it, a copy of the TM30 receipt in your passport, not just the original.

One can hope that paperwork requirements might be simplified in the future, but play it safe on this one!

6 minutes ago, Mapguy said:

No TM30!! (Copy of the receipt, of course.)  Now, that's news! However, I would definitely NOT recommend going to Thai Immigration in Chiang Mai without a copy of it, a copy of the TM30 receipt in your passport, not just the original. One can hope that paperwork requirements might be simplified in the future, but play it safe on this one!

Dang, the Earth is flat after all. I think you had it right the first time. The TM7 is the application for extension REQUIRED for a retirement extension.  It also looks like you just lucked out not getting turned down for the lack of a TM30 stub. That is required and to be stapled in your passport. I suggest you go to the right office for that, pay you 1600 baht fine and get the TM30 receipt stapled in your passport. The TM8 is the form for a re-entry permit. 

Another thought based upon the report above by briley:  To quote him:

Bank letter and copy of bank book cover page and the amount page.

If you are using the 800k deposit method, then be sure to include all pages necessary to reflect the continuity of the 800k on deposit.  With a fixed deposit, this is usually very simple.  If other day-to-day accounts are used, like a common updated passbook savings account, you probably would be asked for copies of all pages covering the required period.

1 minute ago, Mapguy said:

If you are using the 800k deposit method, then be sure to include all pages necessary to reflect the continuity of the 800k on deposit.  With a fixed deposit, this is usually very simple.  If other day-to-day accounts are used, like a common updated passbook savings account, you probably would be asked for copies of all pages covering the required period.

I'd forgotten that thinking I needed it that very day and the banks weren't open yet, but they were kind enough to simply scan the required pages right at the desk where I got the retirement extension. Probably better if you get the copies done yourself, but apparently they'll accommodate you anyway. 

16 hours ago, Mapguy said:

I have a question.

Suppose after the retirement visa has expired and we go out of Thailand for around 6 months and want to come back in for another year of retirement visa.

Can we still use back the same OA visa and just apply for extension in Thailand or must we apply for a new OA visa first outside of Thailand?

On 10/31/2018 at 8:40 AM, om3n1rpak said:

I received this printout after signing the lease on my condo. I have been so busy getting situated that I pretty much forgot about it. To my. Understanding, this is my landlords registration for my tm30. I also see the badly translated text saying do not search further than 7 days from registration. Does this mean I needed to got to imm. Within 7 days of receiving this? If so do I need to request a completely new form from my landlord? 

Do you have the TM30 stub stapled in your passport? My understanding was that you and the house holder had to go to Immigration personally (within 24 hours) and get all this done, or fork over 1600 baht fine. If the stub is there already, you need to report again to Immigration if you change addresses or come back into the country (within 24 hours). I think the 24 hours isn't enforced that tightly, but yes, looks like you scratched. Anybody else?

Retirement one-year extension....

Arrived at 7:50am. Given ticket and was seen before 8am, when we all stopped to stand for the song. 

Checked papers and stamped the passport with the extension within 5 minutes. 

Had never been asked for a TM30 in the past 13 years, and now they wanted one. Had papers ready without dates. Upstairs they said I should call the landlord and were clearly gearing for what must be the inevitable, "It's not my fault" from the foreigner, and I just said, "I will pay the fine. Let's do this." And they did. 

Back down for a 15 minute review, then number for re-entry (they agreed to make copies for me without me having to go anywhere, because I have such a winning personality...), and another 10 minutes before all was completed. 

All it all, basically in at 8am and out at 9:35am (would have been much less had I the vexatious TM30 already in my passport). 

They could have roped lines which would make who is standing where easier to figure out. And the PA system calling the numbers was only working in one speaker at the far end of the hall, which was turned up so loud that over there you had to literally shout at the officials to hear or be heard. 

Otherwise, quite painless and really makes me say, "Visa agents' time is past." 

The TM30 BS took probably almost 35 minutes or more out of the time, so in reality, the process took about an hour. Given that you must show up to do this in person anyway, why would anyone pay for someone to do what you can do in ONE hour? 

And let me be clear...I did not have to show up at 3 <deleted> 30 in the morning to stand in line to get this done. 

800K in a fixed-term account that I have had rolling over for some years (to dispel the rumor that fix-term is not acceptable). 

Yes, he looked through the documents/copies and pulled out his retirement extension stamp faster than Quick Draw McGraw. Of course I was prepared and had everything I needed signed and ready. Most of the time was waiting for someone else to verify what that they already knew (that the paperwork was in order, that the names and numbers all matched, etc.). 

5 hours ago, Trujillo said:

...Had never been asked for a TM30 in the past 13 years, and now they wanted one. Had papers ready without dates. Upstairs they said I should call the landlord and were clearly gearing for what must be the inevitable, "It's not my fault" from the foreigner, and I just said, "I will pay the fine. Let's do this." And they did... 

Although you mention "papers ready without dates", I presume you're referring to all the extension paperwork except for anything relating to a TM30 filing.  As to the fine you paid, the standard 1,600 baht?

Would note that some people have the TM30 printout that their condo/apartment office does for them but there have been reports that first floor is requiring people with that paperwork to go up to the third floor to get the smaller TM30 "Receipt of Notification" form which normally is stapled in the back of your passport.  

In keeping with the encouraging news coming out of Immigration, I should report that it took me about 10 minutes to obtain a reentry permit on Wednesday.

They did not even check all the papers I had attached that I could see. I went in the afternoon but there were still many people seated in the hall.

12 hours ago, Wandr said:

In keeping with the encouraging news coming out of Immigration, I should report that it took me about 10 minutes to obtain a reentry permit on Wednesday.

They did not even check all the papers I had attached that I could see. I went in the afternoon but there were still many people seated in the hall.

Wow! That's record time.

Unfortunately, the residence cert is still agonizingly slow.

On 1/24/2019 at 1:47 PM, Trujillo said:

800K in a fixed-term account that I have had rolling over for some years (to dispel the rumor that fix-term is not acceptable). 

Yes, he looked through the documents/copies and pulled out his retirement extension stamp faster than Quick Draw McGraw. Of course I was prepared and had everything I needed signed and ready. Most of the time was waiting for someone else to verify what that they already knew (that the paperwork was in order, that the names and numbers all matched, etc.). 

Are they still accepting a 'bank letter' dated the day before application date?

Been there this morning for one year extension (800,000bt deposit) and re entry permit.
Arrived at 8am, handed ticket number 5, the young girl working with the immigration officer is very helpful, she photocopied my new stamp for me, so I didn't have to cross the road to the copy shop. She speaks excellent English for anyone who doesn't speak Thai. Went straight to re entry desk was done and dusted by 9.15am.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

One year extension based on retirement this morning. Income affidavit plus Social Security letter and letters from 2 private pensions. Copies of passport, tm30, 90-day, picture etc all ready to go.

8:15 I received number R8 ... walked out at 9:35.

Kudos to the new immigration team / process

27 minutes ago, jmd8800 said:

One year extension based on retirement this morning. Income affidavit plus Social Security letter and letters from 2 private pensions. Copies of passport, tm30, 90-day, picture etc all ready to go.

Thai Immigration will do well to continue to allow this option in the future, and back off doing away with it as they have suggested they will do ????

year extension (family) today. Arrived at 06:40AM, plenty of parking, went in grabbed a number NOTE: Had to show my wife to get number, a couple of folks in the line before were there early to get their number but weren't given it because no wife. 
At 7AM immigration started processing applications. Some Retirement Ext guys in particular were in and out in a flash. I estimate the first Marriage/Family Ext couple was on their way by half eight.
Full Staff came in at 08:30AM and things quickened up. We were out of there at 10:00AM which was the quickest by far for a few years.
MAIN THING: BOTH HUSBAND AND WIFE TO BE PRESENT OR NO QUEUE NUMBER.
OTHER Things: Have a couple of copies of 90 day notification, and if you have children (yours) and they are old enough for ID Cards, make sure you have copies of that as well. (I had all that, it was a new one for me last year)
Parking: Went across road to the 7 about 7:45, still a couple of spots available.....full at 8:00.
Imm Staff all seemed very friendly and I'd rate it as a good experience after doing it for the 13th year.
That's all, peace out

7 hours ago, jmd8800 said:

I thought immigration is not accepting income affidavit anymore?

Archived