Australia paper defends Serena Williams cartoon despite outrage

webfact

14 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Nice afro she's got.

I bet you think that is an insult.  I was dating a black girl at the same time.  Rich girl.  Masters degree ,VP coke.  She didn't shave her legs.  Rich parents, Ivy league education but didn't shave her legs.  Always stuck me as unusual.  It's a black girl thing. 

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

She didn't shave her legs.  Rich parents, Ivy league education but didn't shave her legs.  Always stuck me as unusual.  It's a black girl thing. 

Its a "black girl thing" not to shave their legs !!!!!!!!!!!

That is an untrue, racist , stereotypical thing to say .

39 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The cartoon wasn't published by a US newspaper, it was an Australian newspaper, so by that rote, US indignation is irrelevant to the thread. so don't bring it up again! It's an Australian issue, not yours.

BTW. Thanks for giving Jim Who? yet another mention.

Tell the OP.  It's an American story about an American written by an American writer with American quoted about American indignation.  Afraid the cat's already out of the bag. 

OP

Racism in any form is unacceptable," civil rights activist Rev. Jesse Jackson tweeted on Monday.

Knight's portrayal of Osaka as blond and light-skinned also drew criticism for being racist.

This isn't satir e - it is disgusting racist caricature," Twitter user Rose Weber wrote on Tuesday.

The National Association of Black Journalists said the cartoon was "repugnant on many levels."

Reporting by Gabriella Borter in New York

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Its a "black girl thing" not to shave their legs !!!!!!!!!!!

That is an untrue, racist , stereotypical thing to say .

Blacks are more sensitive to shaving legs and face.  They also scar differently and can't use the same methods of plastic surgery as white women.  That is just medical fact like sickle cell anemia or Asian people being lactose intolerant.  It is a genetic thing. 

What education system taught you? 

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Tell the OP.  It's an American story about an American written by an American writer with American quoted about American indignation.  Afraid the cat's already out of the bag. 

OP

Did you even read the article ?

The article that you posted a link too ?

It quite clearly States that the author is Australian and NOT an American 

"Editors note :Max Barry is an Australian writer and the author of five novels, including the political satire "Jennifer Government" and the international thriller "Lexicon." He blogs at *deleted* The views expressed are his own." 

Just now, DrTuner said:

No you said it's the pretty one. You're not implying a black girl can't be a redneck, are you? That'd be racist.

You said the one with the afro after I said my wife was not black in an attempt to insult me.  Not everyone is a racist like you and I'd would marry a black, white or Asian with equal readiness if they were the right person.  

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Did you even read the article ?

The article that you posted a link too ?

It quite clearly States that the author is Australian and NOT an American 

"Editors note :Max Barry is an Australian writer and the author of five novels, including the political satire "Jennifer Government" and the international thriller "Lexicon." He blogs at *deleted* The views expressed are his own." 

Right you are.  Max is an Aussie.  Serena is an American

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You said the one with the afro after I said my wife was not black in an attempt to insult me. 

Ah so your wife is not black? You didn't mention it before. I think I got an upper leg in the racist pissing contest since my wife is brown, ha!

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Blacks are more sensitive to shaving legs and face.  They also scar differently and can't use the same methods of plastic surgery as white women.  That is just medical fact like sickle cell anemia or Asian people being lactose intolerant.  It is a genetic thing. 

What education system taught you? 

Quite different to yours quite obviously .

I wasnt taught about why Black girls dont shave their legs and faces .

Which subject did you learn that in ?

Biology ?

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If your black girlfriend would have shaved her legs and face , do you think that you would have married her ?

I actually like women who don't shave armpits or legs.  I don't think I had enough money for the black lady to marry me.  She was a rich girl.  I don't think her parents would have signed off on me.  Not rich and not black and no PHD. 

6 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Well damn, that's pretty racist of them. 

No.  Rich and educated?  I think that can be any race. 

It was illegal marry between the races in the USA in some places till 1967.  I realize being a racist in Australia is different than being a racist in America.  That's one of the reasons this whole thing about the cartoon has been discussed so much on here.  You do know that cartoon would have been illegal in the USA? 

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Not rich and not black and no PHD. 

I do feel that you were bought up in a racist era and area .

There was probably a lot of racism, discrimination and partial segregation .

Most of the younger generation were not bought up in such a hostile atmosphere and therefore we dont look for racism and dont try to stamp out things that dont exist .

You view Serena as being a Black woman , I just view her as being a tennis player 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Most of the younger generation were not bought up in such a hostile atmosphere and therefore we dont look for racism and dont try to stamp out things that dont exist .

You view Serena as being a Black woman , I just view her as being a tennis player 

What country are you from?

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You do know that cartoon would have been illegal in the USA? 

No  bloody idea, luckily I'm not from US. Europeans pillaged half of Africa but never bothered to get into the apologetic mode. Well, at least not until now. White man's burden seems to have become a thing again. 

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

No  bloody idea, luckily I'm not from US. Europeans pillaged half of Africa but never bothered to get into the apologetic mode. Well, at least not until now. White man's burden seems to have become a thing again. 

When I was in my 20's it was against the law for blacks to marry whites in America and blacks escaped to France to write and play music and live like human beings.  Germany has the Nazi's and America has the racists.  One of those things.

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I view her as 'just a female tennis player' too, and Lewis as 'just a driver' etc. but it is the continual PC liberals and their agenda to constrict all of society into a dumb-ed down vanilla squash that it a huge problem. 

A black kid says to his white friend  "I love being black" and  "and the white kid say's that's great I love being white" and the pc mob shout "RACIST".

When I was in my 20's it was against the law for blacks to marry whites in America and blacks escaped to France to write and play music and live like human beings.  Germany has the Nazi's and America has the racists.  One of those things.

Those are proper examples of bona fide racism. A satirical cartoon bearing remarkable likeness to the real life photos ain't.

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Those are proper examples of bona fide racism. A satirical cartoon bearing remarkable likeness to the real life photos ain't.

With all due respect I don't think you are the person to judge.  Why did you ask if my wife was the one with the afro?  Racist tell I think.  Aussie thing. Ha ha ha just another black fella joke no harm meant. 

8 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I view her as 'just a female tennis player' too, and Lewis as 'just a driver' etc. but it is the continual PC liberals and their agenda to constrict all of society into a dumb-ed down vanilla squash that it a huge problem. 

A black kid says to his white friend  "I love being black" and  "and the white kid say's that's great I love being white" and the pc mob shout "RACIST".

Black kid says to his white friend, "I love being black" " and the white kid says lets play cops and shoots the black kid."  That's how they play in America.

Why did you ask if my wife was the one with the afro? 

Didn't ask, you indicated that your wife was the pretty one and I said she had a nice afro. You really need to be more specific if you want to avoid misunderstandings, like saying "the white pretty one". Of course that might be racist.

With all due respect I don't think you are the person to judge.  Why did you ask if my wife was the one with the afro?  Racist tell I think.  Aussie thing. Ha ha ha just another black fella joke no harm meant. 

You stated that your wife was "the pretty one"

The suggestion was that "the pretty one" was the one with the afro .

If theres any racism in that . then its positive racism (suggesting Black girls are prettier than White girls)

Archived