Noise in the early morning hours in my condo

soistalker

11 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

This is a Thailand forum, please stick to things that exist here.

Welders use sunglasses, construction people wear flipflops, and big truck drivers take yaabaa. No way there is a store selling safety supplies in Thailand.?

Excuse me but yes there is. There was place in store in the Mall right near Dong Muang (ZEER Rangsit) that sells safety supplies, industrial tools, electronic tools like Fluke and tons of other supplies like ear protectors, traffic cones, safety vest, construction helmets, you name it

Wonderful Thailand. You want to wonder why people do not think that these kinds of things can happen and when they do their is usually little to no recourse.  

Is he a condo owner and you a renter?

If so might not get any resolve.

Yes cos it couldn’t possibly happen in any other country

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Whitson said:

Simple.... rent the condo above and give him a dose of his own medicine.

Then negotiate....from a position of strength!

I had a neighbor like that.....so I just got the boom out and started tapping on my ceiling whenever Big Foot was stomping around up above....?

11 hours ago, possum1931 said:

A brown envelope to a couple of taxi moto boys should suffice.

This is probably the most practical advice on this forum.  Entirely doable, affordable, with a high probability of getting results.  Hypothentically speaking.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

This is the number one reason why I would never buy a condo. I'd really like the comforts of not having yard work and potentially a swimming pool and gym in the building, but the downside is the OP's story. And that is far too common for my liking. I built my wife and I a house, my neighbours are not a problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cereal said:

This is the number one reason why I would never buy a condo. I'd really like the comforts of not having yard work and potentially a swimming pool and gym in the building, but the downside is the OP's story. And that is far too common for my liking. I built my wife and I a house, my neighbours are not a problem.

I have a house in a gated estate. 20m pool and small gym. Wife does the "yard work". I love gardening but can't get near it. She's made a beautiful garden providing lots of edible produce.

• Like 1

Just now, Kim J said:

To me, a house is the way forward. I don't know what prices are like now, but years ago when I was looking around for property, a one bedroom condo in a decent looking development cost significantly more than you could get a small house with garden on the dark side.

Works fine for me, but some prefer to be in the city.

With the improvements to Sukhumvit, I'm 10 minutes from Soi Buakau. House cost 3.2 m a few months ago. Best gated estate I've seen in Pattaya. 3 beds, 4 aircon, 2 bathrooms and a state of the art kitchen which I had installed at extra cost.

7 hours ago, Cereal said:

This is the number one reason why I would never buy a condo. I'd really like the comforts of not having yard work and potentially a swimming pool and gym in the building, but the downside is the OP's story. And that is far too common for my liking. 

Lot of exaggeration IMHO. Not so frequent, and something easily solved by the condo manager in most cases.

7 hours ago, Cereal said:

I built my wife and I a house, my neighbours are not a problem.

… until one of them decide to make his garden a refuge for Soi dogs :cool:

• Like 2

On 9/14/2018 at 8:15 AM, Spidey said:

With the improvements to Sukhumvit, I'm 10 minutes from Soi Buakau. House cost 3.2 m a few months ago. Best gated estate I've seen in Pattaya. 3 beds, 4 aircon, 2 bathrooms and a state of the art kitchen which I had installed at extra cost.

But you cant own a house. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The manic said:

But you cant own a house. 

Which is the reason that I rented for years.

Got to the stage that I knew that this house would be my last and my wife has done enough to deserve the house in the event of , so I bought. Not for everyone.

Also rented an identical house on the same estate for 16k/ month. Probably the preferred option for most.

On September 13, 2018 at 10:07 PM, Cereal said:

ive found the neighbors are a problem everywhere

best solution ive found is to build a fence at least 100 feet BACK from the property line (not on the line) tall enough to block line of sight

Edited by Dick Crank

On 9/16/2018 at 3:18 PM, Don Chance said:

Condo's suck. I would never live in one.

Be lucky you don't have a heavy smoker below you, a meth head, a surround sound system,or even a  moldy townhouse...

Spent much of the past two decades in them, never had major issues. Ideal if you want to be in the city centre and like good views. At the same time I've seen a lot of people living in houses at ground floor in Bangkok dealing with regular flooding problems. 

• Like 1