Pulled aside and grilled at BKK about visa history.

You unwittingly red flagged yourself saying you had an online business. Whilst we all know that can mean virtually anything that will be one of their "flags" 100% going forwards

Just get tourist visas next few trips

Edited by Chivas

2 hours ago, stud858 said:

I would have said that you have a lot of money and don't need to work. Surely, the officers must be aware that there are rich people that don't need to work in Thailand and only come to relax. Enjoy the sun, and spend money. Show your bank statement and problem solved.

Yep nailed it as per my previous response

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, bkk321 said:

I mean he physically typed it into the computer on MY record! Nothing in the passport but plenty of verbal warning about staying long time on TR. I would have preferred it in my passport.

How do you know that he put that on your record, could you read what he was typing in Thai?  He just may have been (successfully) trying to put the wind up you.

4 hours ago, bkk321 said:

Whats the VIP imm service upon arrival? Sounds good!

There's a few, but here's one https://www.bangkokflightservices.com/home/bfs-services/premium-airport-services/ - 700 baht it seems. They basically take you through a special channel, skipping all the queues.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

5 minutes ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

There's a few, but here's one https://www.bangkokflightservices.com/home/bfs-services/premium-airport-services/ - 700 baht it seems. They basically take you through a special channel, skipping all the queues.

It seems now that "Only Passengers holding First and Business class tickets will be allowed to use the Premium Fast track coupons and channels", from their website.

3 minutes ago, Cletus said:

It seems now that "Only Passengers holding First and Business class tickets will be allowed to use the Premium Fast track coupons and channels", from their website.

This one then for 1200 - https://www.limousine.in.th/fast-track-immigration.html

"This service can be used with any type of airplane ticket, not only business or first class tickets."

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 9:33 PM, Pepper9187 said:

Similar story happened to me last month (except my last 3 years history was barely 50/50 between Thailand and France, so, even worst).

What do you mean by "he put on my record that I would leave 14.10.18 as per my onward ticket and that I was a visa runner or TR visa abuser"

Did he stamped / wrote anything on your passport ? Was it an just a verbal warning ?

My understanding is they have received clear instructions to pull aside anyone with "Tourists background" and trying to enter TH with a visa exempt, and even deny some.

As long as you have a TR visa, it's fine, visa exempt seems to be a big "no no" right now.

You're running a business, possibly illegally, and the Thai officials question you? Who do they think they are? Don't they know that in your country illegal businesses are OK? Get a legal visa, type O/B, start a business. Get it?

I think your post itself explains why pretty well.

To me it also looks like too frequent stays to be on tourist visas & you admitted that you are doing online work in Thailand.

It is not Thai  Immigrations  fault that you did not have time to get the correct visa.

Just make sure from now on that you do & all will be well

1 hour ago, jgarbo said:

You're running a business, possibly illegally, and the Thai officials question you? Who do they think they are? Don't they know that in your country illegal businesses are OK? Get a legal visa, type O/B, start a business. Get it?

What are you talking about ?

I said a similar experience happened to me, i did not say that i was in the same situation (online working), you guys should stop trying to draw your own conclusions, just read carefully and stick to the facts.

Anyway, saying that he was working online was a terrible move from the OP, that ca be said !

Edited by Pepper9187

Had the same problem with Immigration officer when enter with my 5th METV in row.

I was told that I cannot enter again with a tourist Visa and must apply for a Non-o Visa, for which I do not meet the requirements.

Next arrival had flown in Business class and I used the Fast Track Lane without any problem or questioning.

Looks like they not so strict when enter through this lane.

7 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

This one then for 1200 - https://www.limousine.in.th/fast-track-immigration.html

"This service can be used with any type of airplane ticket, not only business or first class tickets."

I used this service once, nver again!

Flight turned up about an hour late as soon as i opened my phone i had a call from them asking what gate i was at - i hung up.....muppets!

On 9/17/2018 at 2:54 PM, billd766 said:

You could always apply for a 3 month visa and not use all of it.

Granted it will cost a bit more in time and money but it should save the hassle.

You could always apply for a second passport on business grounds which may also help.

I used to have 2 long ago when I was working and used one for Muslim countries and the other for the rest.

Having 2 passports does not solve the problem, it's you as the individual spending x amount of days in the country, you could have 10 passports, it does n't matter.

I have 2 passports and if i present a different one on arrival than what i left on it's sometimes mentioned, they're fully aware that you have multiple passports.

For the other poster who asked, both passports have unique numbers, both are in my personal name.

It's supprisingly easy how little is required to get a second passport, basically a letter from company and perhaps sufficient stamps / visas to prove you're a frequent traveller....British passport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geisha said:

From what I understand in this thread, it’s easier to enter Thailand with a second/ third  SETV  though a land border rather than an airport ?Am I understanding right ? And if so, which border is easiest ? Thanks. 

No. There is only a very small chance being denied entry at either a land border or the airport. If anything you are more likely to be denied entry at a land border because the IO can simply send you back to the neighbouring country.

3 hours ago, oldskoolbeatz said:

What else could you say in this situation?

It is best not to declare that you work online because it is technically illegal. I doubt it would make any difference if you do, but you might come across an officious IO that may decide to apply the letter of the law.

My advice would be to simply state that you have a business in your home country that pays you an income. Receiving a passive income from a business outside Thailand is perfectly legal and common.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldskoolbeatz said:

What else could you say in this situation?

Short sentences beginning with " I don't work in Thailand".

• I have savings
  • I own  company in (name country)
  • I am "very rich man". Show manpurse stuffed with 10,000 Yen bills like my Japanese friend does several times a year 
  • My father rich man
Edited by ChiangMaiLightning2143
  • Haha 1

In the end you guys are spending to much time here on tourist visas and the 30 day visa exempt it has been obvious for a while they where cracking down on this. They want to see people on these forms of entry to look like they are really tourist come in and leave.

16 hours ago, Straight8 said:

Shit office you got me..... it was my long life dream to enter this country and work for 25,000 baht a month

Anyone working otherwise would most likely be legal and have a WP.

Time for Immigration officers to use a little bit of common sense.

39 minutes ago, moe666 said:

In the end you guys are spending to much time here on tourist visas and the 30 day visa exempt it has been obvious for a while they where cracking down on this. They want to see people on these forms of entry to look like they are really tourist come in and leave.

If you go back to your home country for a couple of months before applying for an METV and stay 8 months again and repeat while being dressed nicely showing a hefty bank statement I think all is good.

Immi go ration just want the stragglers gone.

13 hours ago, elviajero said:

It is best not to declare that you work online because it is technically illegal. I doubt it would make any difference if you do, but you might come across an officious IO that may decide to apply the letter of the law.

My advice would be to simply state that you have a business in your home country that pays you an income. Receiving a passive income from a business outside Thailand is perfectly legal and common.

Yeah I said I had a website based in the UK. They didnt care. I also told them I had enough funds to support myself easily, they didnt care either and never asked to see 20,000 baht.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:45 PM, Just Weird said:

How do you know that he put that on your record, could you read what he was typing in Thai?  He just may have been (successfully) trying to put the wind up you.

I saw the date he put in which was the date of my onward ticket to SG 14.10.18. He was clear about it. It was a mark on my record and I could get an extension but they 'may' say no!

• Confused 1

On 9/19/2018 at 3:27 PM, Chivas said:

You unwittingly red flagged yourself saying you had an online business. Whilst we all know that can mean virtually anything that will be one of their "flags" 100% going forwards

Just get tourist visas next few trips

I really am annoyed I ddint get the TR Visa from UK. I also cued up in line to be served by smiling younger Thai male and the window next door was closed but behind was a very grumpy looking larger lady. Of course she opened her window...just for me ?

On 9/19/2018 at 12:30 PM, JackThompson said:

... is not true.  Doing Out/In on Visa-Exempts is something else, and there is a Ministerial Order with some vague guidelines to this effect.

Glad you got in. 

• You did nothing wrong per the law - were gone for 3 mo, so not "visa-running" (quick out/in) on your current entry. 
  • The IOs at the Bangkok Airports don't like longer-stayers, so have invented their own rules - such as "you have stayed too long as a tourist" or "over 180 days", etc, and they may reference longer-stays in past years.
  • They cover-up the fact they are using made-up rules, by applying legal refusal-stamps which reference the Immigration Act - though these were inconsistent with what they just told the person was the reason for their rejection, and did not request information pertinent to the stamped-reason.

Solutions for those staying here longer who do not qualify for non-Tourist visas/extensions are:

• Always have 20K Baht worth of cash or travelers checks when you enter
  • Never enter Visa-Exempt by-air unless an occasional and/or short-term visitor
  • Avoid entering Thailand at the Poipet/Aranya border-point or in airports (or from Poipet) entirely, since some with Tourist Visas have been refused-entry (even with the cash) and/or interrogated and threatened with refusal of entry.

Many seem to do OK flying in with a Tourist Visa repeatedly.  The odds are in your favor if you have a valid Visa for entry, but I personally would not chance it. 

At land-borders, other than Poipet/Aranya, no problems are reported in recent years entering with a valid Tourist Visa.  Even Visa-Exempt, 2x by land per calendar year is permitted, and you just need the cash to show and, in the case of Malaysian crossings, to stay out one night before returning.

Thank you JackThompson for you informative comments ?

I will pay close attention in future. Can I ask, will I have problems extending given the note he put on my record for staying "too long" on tourist visas. In there opinion of course.

Thanks