Facebook/Messenger question

dddave

I accepted a FB friend request today from a friend of a friend.  I didn't know her but she was cute.

I was surprised when I was soon notified that she had been added to my Messenger list.  I hadn't realized this was automatic and I didn't really want it.

I went thru settings on both FB and Messenger but couldn't find a way to turn it off.

Does anybody know?

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

would this be your FB account from the real world with all your family and friends?

or the FB account you set up for everyone you meet in Thailand?

Only have one.

My friends and family in the real world need something to talk about besides Trump and grocery prices.

Really? Why don't you just use the "unfriend" facility?

There are 2 ways

1) Go to your "Friends" list on your timeline, open and click on the "Friend"

2) Click on the small box labelled "friends" on the right and a small drop down menu appears

3) From the 6 options click on the last one i.e. "unfriend" and the box will turn blue, with the legend "add friend"

4) Close down and reopen FB and your "friend" will no longer be on your "Friends" list

Or...

1) Go to the person's Timeline

2) Click the Friends button. A menu appears that is for assigning people to Friend Lists. ...

3) Click the Unfriend link. A window pops up asking if you're sure you want to remove this friend.

4) Click the "Remove from Friends" button.

Regards,

Joe