Why are there only good looking and sexy thai girls working in thai banks?

afsheen

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:48 PM, afsheen said:

Do banks in thailand only hire women based on their looks? Are only good looking and sexy girls allowed to work in a bank in Thailand?

They sure don't hire them because of their IQ, knowledge or service attitude.

When I applied for a credit card in K-Bank the relative pretty woman told me they have the application form only in Thai. And then she told me maybe I could go to my office and ask the secretary to fill in the form.

I told her I have an even better idea. There is this Thai woman working in a bank and she sits on the other side of this desk. I am sure she can read Thai and understands the bank form. She could fill it in. She looked at me like: What, I should fill in this form? She found a "nong" to do the job for her - it was a guy.

I like pretty ladies but in Banks I would prefer competent staff - pretty or not.

I didn't see her again but the guy is still working there.

• Like 1

Yesterday I was in this bank in Soi 4. Lots of great looking girls in uniforms. I love it.

They were all happy to take my money but they didn't promise high interest rates. Mai pen lai, I invested my money anyhow.

I recommend this bank, it's called Hooters and they have branches in Thailand and all over the word.

• Haha 1

On 9/20/2018 at 8:26 AM, bluebluewater said:

I would also suggest another place where you will see a bevy of beauties is at the hospitals.  Oh my my . . . .

Right? Nurses are often gorgeous, educated and too smart to hook up with the doctors. More than one nurse has told me the doctors who aren't married or gay are lying about not being married.

Relationships with doctors don't last because of the difference in social status, and if he is annoyed by your post-coital presence at work, you may be sacked.

19 hours ago, nontabury said:

After living in the U.K for the last 9mths, I have yet to see a good 

looking British girl, a couple of Eastern Europeans were passible.

I suppose it depends on what standard you aspire to.

They have opticians in the UK as well you know.

8 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I'm not. 

I hope  that you are having fun because I am-actually,I am very sure that you are having a great deal of fun with this..?

Gosh..down to calling you Quebecois?

The most interesting aspect to all of this is the constant abuse of anyone who leaves..

A cross between Jean-Paul Sartre's 'No Exit' and Samuel Beckett's 'Waiting for Godot'-but without the happy bits.

• Haha 1

Lots of Thai businesses apparently hire according to looks, or only good looking ones apply. Unfortunately that doesn't apply to Thai Air any longer. I noticed the last couple of flights that they are employing quite old and not very attractive women now. Shame as they used to be all gorgeous back in the day.

For cute girls, look no further than Swensons, which always has cute girls working. They also have not cute girls, but they wear a different uniform. 

The girl that just opened my account for me at Krungsri wasnt very good looking but she was efficient as all hell.

Now on the other hand, the one that helped me set up my ATM card? Ummmmm wow. I showed her my balance but she wasnt impressed...

• Haha 1

I've been going to Bkk, SCB, & K bank fairly regularly......

I've not seen the line up of poster girls as the OP describes.....

But, I had hope after reading this thread.....

So, I tried other branches....Still = no pin ups, models, or poster girls (or fishbowls to pick from) - a few cuties seen; but pretty much the average gals you'd see out & about.....

Obviously, I need to change banks....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

I've been going to Bkk, SCB, & K bank fairly regularly......

I've not seen the line up of poster girls as the OP describes.....

But, I had hope after reading this thread.....

So, I tried other branches....Still = no pin ups, models, or poster girls (or fishbowls to pick from) - a few cuties seen; but pretty much the average gals you'd see out & about.....

Obviously, I need to change banks....

The banks in Pattaya Central used to have the really pretty girls out front of the banks, to entice customers in. One was absolutely DDG. Unfortunately she was only there a short while.

One of the things I liked about LOS was their use of good looking women to enhance their businesses. I doubt there's an ugly sales assistant in any of those glasses shops that are everywhere.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The banks in Pattaya Central used to have the really pretty girls out front of the banks, to entice customers in. One was absolutely DDG. Unfortunately she was only there a short while.

One of the things I liked about LOS was their use of good looking women to enhance their businesses. I doubt there's an ugly sales assistant in any of those glasses shops that are everywhere.

you must need glasses :cheesy:

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2018 at 7:33 AM, Blue bruce said:

Why do you think they hired, because

They are young and good looking. If you were a manager and looking for a customer service rep and 2 women were both qualified for the job who would YOU choose. Simple answer

I would be considering communication skills in addition to formal qualifications for the job. Since there would also likely be an interview, the respective skills both soft and formal would be considered by the panel. Misogynist throwbacks might think differently.

On 9/20/2018 at 1:00 AM, 55Jay said:

This was the teller on duty yesterday at the Thai Agricultural Bank in the amphur town near the village.   ?

image.png.62d8008657cfdf0ccaa96c5f05a59dd4.png

Cool , she got style. Mind you whoever took this photo is a good photographer. Look how natural the pose is. And all the rustic appearance is so charming.

Edited by madusa
add more words

On 9/20/2018 at 1:00 AM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I'm in Toronto right now and there are extremely good looking men and women working as bank tellers and other entry level positions. These are young people doing young people, entry level jobs. So, you know when they get a bit older and uglier they will be moved from these positions to back office.

I guess you're are over 70 and haven't been back to your country in decades?

Yeah, you are right he hasn't been back home for decades, didn't realize it's a country of old people now. Everywhere you look old people.

If a company has to pick between an intelligent, experienced, darker-skinned girl or a really dumb "Chinese or Korean looking" white girl, the latter one wins by a country mile. Age is another factor. Over 35s are not very welcome. OFF:(Just went to the local Ford branch and counted 10 young, slim, whitish-skinned girls and 2 toms. All under 30. No other women)

Even a receptionist job of 9-10k/month is selected like this. White-coloured, young, a possible mia-noi material.

Of course, there are labour shortages like everywhere else and adjustments are required. But nevertheless, the average-looking ones, especially the tanned ones will end up in a back room sooner or later.