Alcohol sales stop at 13.50

petedk

Permitting the sale (or not) should be done at the point of sale that is "the checkout" not in the dept or aisle.(IMHO) unless its actually passed the alotted time and then as an advisory.

In our ares they dont "rope it off" they have permanent signs displayed only.

The " gone to lunch" or " in a meeting" is s standard reply in most places unfortunately, in my experience.
Yes, I agree with you.
This particular supermarket has a small room for alcohol sales, but you pay at the min cashier.

As I said it wasn't really a problem as I know we can buy at another supermarket further along the road.

I just think the staff acted so arrogantly and then laughed at me when I tried to complain.

Normally, No problem as we buy in the mornings.
Sounds like I buy a lot. No, we serve wine with food when we have guests and yesterday I wanted to please my friend and serve the whiskey he likes.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

1 minute ago, poohy said:

Another Thaier than Thai apologist hes got 10 mins to walk to the check not climbing  bleeding Everest!

10 minutes is quite reasonable .

How long do you suggest the time limit should be ?

5 minutes? , 2 minutes ? No limits ?

The rule wasnt specifically made for him , just a general store rule to stop customers getting to the check-out at 2 01 PM trying to buy alcohol .

This is really nothing to do with Thailand and so theres no need to suggest that I am a "Thai apologist",  this is about a shop and their rules, that just happens to be in Thailand .

I would have the same opinion if this happened in any other Country

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 5

4 minutes ago, poohy said:

The law is alcohol is for sale until 2pm

So he is perfectly entitled to obtain his goodies prior to then and then and  perambulate to the check out.... "ITS IS HERE THE POINT OF SALE CAN BE REFUSED" due to being out of time or planets not being in line or whatever. Not at so half brained whim of Somchai and his merry mates hiding in an aisle

If he got there at 2.01 yep cannot! 

The store probably had a problem with a rush to buy alcohol just before 2 and 12 PM .

People pushing into queue and "quick quick , hurry up" and alcohol getting left around the till area because people were too late and the arguments about what the actual time is .

"My watch says 1 57 PM" etc and to stop these issues arising , they just close the alcohol section ten minutes beforehand .

Quite understandable

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The store probably had a problem with a rush to buy alcohol just before 2 and 12 PM .

People pushing into queue and "quick quick , hurry up" and alcohol getting left around the till area because people were too late and the arguments about what the actual time is .

"My watch says 1 57 PM" etc and to stop these issues arising , they just close the alcohol section ten minutes beforehand .

Quite understandable

So maybe open up another alcohol  designated till just to cope and ease the problem over these problematic few mins

QUITE EASY AND UNDERSTANDABLE

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, poohy said:

So maybe open up another alcohol  designated till just to cope and ease the problem over these problematic few mins

QUITE EASY AND UNDERSTANDABLE

Maybe they could also fence off the area from the alcohol area to the tills , making a designated corridor , maybe even provide runner staff , to quickly run to the tills to get there before the deadline ?

Maybe they should move the till to be right next to the alcohol for ten minutes, twice per day ? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Thaskins stupid idea, nor the Stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes, I believe it was, along with no booze being sold in fuel service areas 7/11's etc. To the OP, remind them your not a student and you want your 10 minutes back. Lol.

• Like 1

So Pete went to the supermarket, didn't get what he wanted, so now he's crying on Thai Visa.

They are allowed to sell you alcohol between 11am and 2pm. But they can refuse to sell you alcohol any time they like. Get over yourself!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, mauGR1 said:

Well, i know it's not a big deal, really, but the shop rule is wrong. Alcool sales stop at 2pm, not at 13.50

If i was the owner i would sack one of the staff for neglecting their duty.

Alcohol selling didnt stop at 13 50 , he could have purchased it right up to 2 PM

It was probably a rule put in place by the management , unlikely that the staff made the rule themselves , so, no point in complaining to the manager 

• Sad 2