Garage owner fights back at topless farangs: You're trespassing on my property

webfact

5 minutes ago, Songlaw said:
12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

That is a fair supposition, but afaik, there were 3/4 mechanics doing a emergency work on a car, and the rest of the people were the car driver and passengers waiting for the car to be ready.

We don't know if there was a drunken party going on in the workshop, and of course that's not impossible.

It would be interesting to hear the shirtless couple's version of events.

12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope my comment was purely one of surprise that it takes 8 people to work on one car.

Sometimes a duck is just a duck, eh, Bluespunk? ????

I think you messed up a bit with the quote function there.

7 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Yes, and my comment was an assumption that not more than 3 people were working on the car.

Probably the rest of the people were the car passengers and perhaps 1 or 2 other customers or whatever.

Yeah...I think I'll stick to my attitude of surprise at that number of people being present while the car was being repaired for now...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

I think you messed up a bit with the quote function there.

Actually, I believe Bluespunk did. I just passed it on the way I found it. But I'm sure he got my point. It was a bit of humor directed at an exchange we had previously, not in any way directed toward your comment. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Songlaw said:

Actually, I believe Bluespunk did. I just passed it on the way I found it. But I'm sure he got my point. It was a bit of humor directed at an exchange we had previously, not in any way directed toward your comment. 

Ok, i was a just a bit confused about the quotes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mark131v said:

Blimey an awful lot of very naive people who automatically believe the Thai's side of the story, obviously they would never ever tell a lie and that they are always good and quiet neighbours <deleted> half a bloody story as usual

Am I the only one who finds it a little suspect about last minute jobs at 20:00 hours requiring loads of staff when supposedly they shut at 18:00, who would like to bet every night there will be a 'last minute' job happening

I reckon most blokes (other than the obviously soft <deleted> ones who wont say boo to a goose even if it was shatting on them!) have felt the rage every now and then when the locals have decided nothing other than their own gratification matters, I know I have.....

How 'big' a noise could one make repairing a car? 

2 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Depends on what they were doing .. Some garage airtools are quite noisy as sometimes can be the compressor that powers them .. Revving engines can get a bit noisy also especially if the vehicle has a modded exhaust .. Either way it doesn't justify the farangs going large as they did .. 

But, even if there was a loud drunken party going on, as some posters are more or less subtly suggesting, that doesn't justify the farangs arguing so ungraciously.

On the contrary, it would add to their recklessness

2 minutes ago, ravip said:
  13 hours ago, mark131v said:

Blimey an awful lot of very naive people who automatically believe the Thai's side of the story, obviously they would never ever tell a lie and that they are always good and quiet neighbours <deleted> half a bloody story as usual

Am I the only one who finds it a little suspect about last minute jobs at 20:00 hours requiring loads of staff when supposedly they shut at 18:00, who would like to bet every night there will be a 'last minute' job happening

I reckon most blokes (other than the obviously soft <deleted> ones who wont say boo to a goose even if it was shatting on them!) have felt the rage every now and then when the locals have decided nothing other than their own gratification matters, I know I have.....

2 minutes ago, ravip said:

How 'big' a noise could one make repairing a car? 

And I might point out that the 'Thais' in this OP were 'Working' (automotive repair might make some noise - bit it wasn't midnight) ....... not the 'typical' lazy Thai that we usually criticise..........

I 'support' 'Working people'............ I don't support the folks we have in America who sit on the sofa watching the 'tele' all day waiting on their next 'Welfare check' (and never work) (or a picture we all know better== Thai guys eating dope or drinking all night on the money that their 'bar-girl' girlfriend provides funds for..............

At least these Thais were working and I give them 'credit' and 'creditability'............

Where as the 'topless farangs' we see and hear too much of their escapades........ Inconsiderate <deleted>............

But then again,,,,,,,, we don't know the full story so WE are ALL just guessing..............

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cactus99 said:

That's why the Thais hate the Farang. They think we are all like these dumb, drunk pr*cks. Because of all these sh*ts, visas are getting harder to renew and the crackdowns are increasing. Way to screw it up for the rest of us! Grrrrrrr. Maybe I'll buy that garage owner a baseball bat myself for the next time.

Luckily most Thais don't hate all the Farangs, because we are not all impolite idiots.

How can you suggest that they all think that way.

Although i can agree that similar behaviours don't make life easier for the rest of us.

• Like 2

Maybe the farang have been bombarded by noise, not only from this workshop, but from those huge bass speakers, soi dogs etc. It could just have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Noise around here drives me almost demented at times and I live on the edge of a golf course.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

8 people to do one job?

yes..that will be 1 mechanic to fix the broken vehicle, 4 lost waterworks guys, just back from the caves, 1 PM sticking his beak in, 1 security guy blowing a whistle and waving his arms around at every vehicle that passes and the owner ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

I'm sure they weren't interested in having their car fixed. Drunk, loadmouth, topless, filming the garage owner and asking for his ID. I call that trespassing.

Visiting,  trespassing , the first part of my reply questioned  'were they asked to leave ' which seems to have been edited out of my reply.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cactus99 said:

That's why the Thais hate the Farang. They think we are all like these dumb, drunk pr*cks. Because of all these sh*ts, visas are getting harder to renew and the crackdowns are increasing. Way to screw it up for the rest of us! Grrrrrrr. Maybe I'll buy that garage owner a baseball bat myself for the next time.

Visas are getting harder to renew because THEY are racists who now

have Chinese...the quarrel between neighbors is nothing extraordinary.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

8 people to do one job?

There were two loony farangs and apparently 8 thias.   A good thing they were not drunk too.   4 on one!!!  Could have ended very differently if someone took them to have seriously "defaced" him!!!  As someone said.... How not to act in Thailand. Or anywhere for that matter.

18 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jesus. Just watched that.

1. Scottish man wants/needs to speak the Thai lingo.

2. Scottish man is very lucky that the Thai guy was a reasonable man.

3. Scottish man is very fortunate he did not wake up this morning in hospital.

4. Talking like that, in that tone and volume, on my property, i would have punched the guy. Sorry.

Your my hero .

58 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Oh, come on. This guy sounded reasonable when he spoke, which wasn't much anyway. Like many ordinary Thais, (or anyone for that matter around the world), he doesn't enjoy confrontation with aggressive and probably, drunken foreigners.

He is also probably aware that to demand they leave his property, the aggression would likely increase, possibly resulting in an attack. I think he handled everything well, vidoeing it all and keeping a lid on it.

The loud Scot is totally out of order. Demanding someone's ID card? Who does he think he is? Almost any trivial thing would have been likely to set him off. Why should anyone have to put up with that kind of attitude.

Stop attacking the Thai guy. He was in the right!

Drunk and disorderly perhaps.  Charge them with that by all means.  I'm sure the Thai guys video camera has a breath analyser to confirm that assumption that they were drunk or probably drunk. 500baht fine

But to pull out the big guns and suggest trespassing is IMO reaching at best. Do you seriously consider the Thai guy would be frightened to ask them to leave the premises? Oh come on. Your other points seem reasonable.

2 hours ago, Cactus99 said:

Glad that's finally out in the open. So why do people want to come visit, or set up home, in a country where they are hated?