Trump court pick tearfully denies woman's sexual assault allegation

webfact

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Good clips for the most part. But promoting that insane conspiracy theorist Mark Dice at the end is revealing about where you're coming from.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

speaking about insane conspiracy theorists i hope someday this forum allows an open objective discussion including analysis of science, physics, math, metallurgy and thousands of multinational engineers, architects, pilots, demolition experts, military experts and physicists regarding the symmetrical collapse of the 3 world trade center towers (off topic so i wont press it anymore)

Edited by atyclb
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, manarak said:

yet the system itself makes the appointments political.

and if you think about it, political nominations are more likely to guarantee plurality than cooptations. the latter would more likely result in the profession's dominant political orientation to take over.

a valid alternative to political appointments would be election by congress.

Election by Congress? Look at what has just happened, the votes were along partisan lines, the hearing was a farce.

• Like 1

Jeff Flake has taken over from McCain and has become the "maverick".  What he has done is the only way that would force Trump to reopen the background investigation into Kavanaugh.  If he had voted "no", McConnell would have just overlooked the committee's vote and had a vote on the floor of congress without an investigation.  If he had voted "yes" without conditions it would have gone to open vote.  By doing what he did he forced the white house to at lest reopen the background check  It will be interesting what conditions the white house puts on the scope of the investigation, but at least there will be an investigation and the Senators will have to make a decision on the validity of the charges, and the validity of the scope imposed on the FBI by the white house.  It's still unclear if the investigation will include the other two accusers or how the results of the investigation will be compiled and reported to Congress and the public. or who will responsoble for compiling the report as the only thing that the FBI will report is results..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, atyclb said:

the court of public opinion and a real court are distinct entities. 

Kavanaugh is  nominated for the real court, so I don't understand the comparison between real courts and the court of public opinion.

in my dealings with courts i have typically been treated fairly.

Perhaps because we try to chose judges that do not have a history of sexual predation.and if true lied about it. 

If true , A sexual predator, and a liar. If true you would not want such person Judging you , would you?

i suppose if i encounter a judge that rules against me, i must tell myself he should have never been appointed because of an alleged , unproven allegation from a drunk party during high school nearly 40 years ago.

I you were bought in front of a judge you would hope he is of sound character and the only thing that matters are the facts.

And you should hope he was appropriately vetted when he/she was chosen for that position.

As far as your "alleged , unproven allegation from a drunk party during high school nearly 40 years ago. " is concerned,  that's you characterization . 

Another characterization would be  Credible multiple allegations  that need to be  properly investigated not only for the women who made them but also to remove the cloud from Kavanaugh, to reassure all   of the integrity of the highest court, and protect the country .

Edited by sirineou

I believe that he is lying. That said he may become a more compassionate judge having experienced this process. For those who believe this guy, I remind you, she took a lie detector test, he did not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulic said:

I believe that he is lying. That said he may become a more compassionate judge having experienced this process. For those who believe this guy, I remind you, she took a lie detector test, he did not. 

I believe that he might not know if he is lying.  I believe that he really could be a "black out drunk" and that is why he attacks anyone that asks him if he is like he did during the last hearing.

3 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

Senate of the US seems to have no interest in finding out if the SC candidate tells the truth or not.

failed state?

POTUS has proven that he is a "great" believer in "the end justifies the means".

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Cavalier Kav came across as an overly entitled white man, who has never really had to face much adversity in his life. He also came across as obnoxious, mean spirited, very partisan, and the opposite of what he described his role as a judge to be, which is an impartial umpire. To me, he just has guilt written all over his face. Ford on the other hand came across as impeccably honest and straight forward, calm, cool, believable, and objective. 

Now, the republican bosses are going to push the vote through as fast as they can, and as a result, the GOP will face an utter slaughter in November. Tone deaf at best. Mean spirited, misogynistic, and callous, at worst. Trump's good old boys. 

This post needs repeating. 

He could not even talk at point during the hearing, abd he certainly seemed to be having teouble controlling himself. And mind you, this is when he is dead sober. 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

She may be running for president and we could do much worse, are doing much worse. She was the democratic star of the hearings. We don't need Spartacus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Klobuchar

Go girl go. You are one who could truly Make America Great Again.

But please, don't use the MAGA slogan. Just do it !

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

What amazes me is this sad excuse for a man will probably be on the supreme court. 

If you can watch his answer to Ms Klobuchar's questions in the hearing and still support this guy, you have something wrong with you. 

Did I read somewhere that after the q&a session BK came back and apologized for some of his answers? 

4 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

Did I read somewhere that after the q&a session BK came back and apologized for some of his answers? 

No, it was no after the hearing, it was after a break in the hearing.   He apologized for what he had said but I imagine that his lawyers told him that he had to do it as he had hie "Trump Clone" suit on during the hearing and apologies are not done!

22 hours ago, attrayant said:

Then they'd have been vilified for not respecting Ford's request for confidentiality, so no - they couldn't have.

And who leaked it?  you can't be that naive it was PLANNED.

Anyway another FBI investigation and if it turns up nothing?  will you accept that?  will the Dems shut up?  or yet another tactic to get to mid-terms??? take the judiciary OUT OF politics, set a term of 10 years (no reselection) and stop the circuses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

And who leaked it?  you can't be that naive it was PLANNED.

Anyway another FBI investigation and if it turns up nothing?  will you accept that?  will the Dems shut up?  or yet another tactic to get to mid-terms??? take the judiciary OUT OF politics, set a term of 10 years (no reselection) and stop the circuses.

I’ll accept the outcome of both FBI investigations.

Will you?

Kavanaugh has already openly lied to Congress, all be it a trivial thing.  He was asked if he drank in high school and he said that in Maryland, where he lived and where the school was, the age was 18 so seniors could drink.  He also said that the age in DC was 18.

However, Maryland changed the drinking age to 21 before he turned 18 so it was never legal for him to drink in Maryland.  If you listen to his answers it was one CYA from the beginning either not answering the question by filibustering how he studied so hard, or challenging the senator that asked the question by answering with a question, the classic being the one about whether he ever blacked out when he drank.  It just goes on and on.

His best option would to immediately withdraw his nomination siting family stress in hopes that things won't progress to a point where it could affect hid current job.  If he follows Trump's advice he's in for a rude awakening if there are any buses in the area!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, attrayant said:

Sorry, but that was the exact same clip you posted before.  I'm talking about what Orrin Hatch said.  Here, I'll help since you seem to be blind to anything that doesn't support your bias:

Despite now claiming this isn’t a job for the bureau, back in 1991, Hatch was in fact very supportive of the FBI’s probe into Hill’s claims. At the time he described it as “the very right thing to do. It was the appropriate thing to do.”

From https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/it-took-2-days-for-the-fbi-to-investigate-anita-hills-sexual-harassment-allegation

The evidence is lacking

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

...take the judiciary OUT OF politics, set a term of 10 years (no reselection) and stop the circuses.

Now you're talking sense.

Reasonable people in reasonable democracies (including the US) tend to deride and ridicule the Chavez's, Kabila's and (soon to be) Xi Ping's of this world for their grandiose "mandate for life" stances yet allow a creaking bench of old, largely redundant and increasingly irrelevant buzzards rule the roost on the laws for decades.

SCOTUS is more like a Star Court or something from a sci-fi movie. Or Dr. Who's murky, omnipresent and all-powerful Time Lords.

Note that the British ditched their ~240 year-old Star Chamber around 1641.

58 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You mean just like Sen Lindsey Graham has become a more compassionate and reasonable judge of character after his self-proclaimed deep involvement with representing and counselling female victims of crimes of violence as a lawyer?

Since he's been a career politician since 1995 and was in the US Air Force for 13 years before that , that hasn't really given him much time to get all this self-proclaimed, practicing  lawyer experience at all now has it? Just another swamp dweller.

Kavanaugh's always been a political insider. Now he's just another schmuck with deep character flaws that has had his skidmarked underwear shown on nation prime time.

Are you up for the  FBI investigation into Ford as part of the new investigation,those medical records that her activist representatives that pretend to be lawyers refused to submit to the committee will be a good starting point . Kavanaugh was only flawed in your estimation because of the circus lynching by the racist far left resistance that has been in the making ever since Candidate Trump submitted his 30 picks over two years ago. "Demand Justice" a liberal activist group headed up by Brian Fallon HC campaign manager has been into a well funded strategy to smear and stop  JK and other conservative judicial picks,. 

These fascist left radical activist groups that were formed many years ago ,if given power, want to impeach SJ Thomas, I would like to see this in the 302's as well 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/us/politics/trump-kavanaugh-supreme-court-nomination.html

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/29/barbara-litalien-clarence-thomas-impeachment-801680

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Are you up for the  FBI investigation into Ford as part of the new investigation,those medical records that her activist representatives that pretend to be lawyers refused to submit to the committee will be a good starting point .

If someone of significant legal standing and prescience deems it necessary for the FBI to 'dig deep' on Ford as well then UNEQUIVOCALLY yes, I am all for it. If it's just you and the other 'whatabouters' feeling sorry for themselves, then talk to the proverbial.

8 minutes ago, riclag said:

Kavanaugh was only flawed in your estimation because of the circus lynching by the racist far left resistance that has been in the making ever since Candidate Trump submitted his 30 picks over two years ago.

Totally and quite hysterically so far off base, I'll have to take a break as I am pissing myself.

OK, that was funny. You have absolutely NO idea what I base my opinion on but lets just say that appointing someone who has been glad handing it in the hallowed corridors of American power with the Bush administrations, well... There is his history of being just too partisan, one instance of which stalled his 2003 nomination to the Court of Appeals for three years. The same ABA that within the last 24-hours has called for less haste on approving his current nomination also 'downgraded' their recommendation on his 2003 nomination as well, ie. qualified but not actually recommended.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

If someone of significant legal standing and prescience deems it necessary for the FBI to 'dig deep' on Ford as well then UNEQUIVOCALLY yes, I am all for it. If it's just you and the other 'whatabouters' feeling sorry for themselves, then talk to the proverbial.

Totally and quite hysterically so far off base, I'll have to take a break as I am pissing myself.

OK, that was funny. You have absolutely NO idea what I base my opinion on but lets just say that appointing someone who has been glad handing it in the hallowed corridors of American power with the Bush administrations, well... There is his history of being just too partisan, one instance of which stalled his 2003 nomination to the Court of Appeals for three years. The same ABA that within the last 24-hours has called for less haste on approving his current nomination also 'downgraded' their recommendation on his 2003 nomination as well, ie. qualified but not actually recommended.

The liberal and the far left activist have their disgusting hands in the cookie jar .Another activist group ABA that supports liberal values!The simple ordinary good people don't know these facts ,the sick scheming lefts organizations of activist that want to destroy someone by any means possible! 

Nov -2017 article about the ABA

"Group That Rates Trump’s Judicial Nominees Has History of Liberal Advocacy"

https://www.dailysignal.com/2017/11/17/sasse-to-aba-the-american-bar-association-is-not-neutral/

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

FBI investigation eh? Good, then when they are ready prosecute the women for false allegations to the maximum permissible by the laws. Feminists need to know they don't have a free leash.

The leader of the minority, the old white femanazi on the committee,  had this scheme in their war room for a long time! Don't be to sure about the deep state FBI investigation either,top officials haven't been too ,let's just say non political in the recent past!

Edited by riclag