"Sorry dad, I need to become a nun" - shamed celeb "graaps" the feet of foreign father

webfact

"Sorry dad, I need to become a nun" - shamed celeb "graaps" the feet of foreign father

61pm.jpg

Picture:  Manager online

The shamed celebrity Ameria Jacobs who escaped jail on drugs charges has become a nun.

She was shown online showing respect at the feet of her father from the Netherlands and her Thai mum.

Her mum was also on hand in the ceremony to shave her daughter's head. Pictures were posted online by a family lawyer. 

AJ.jpg

File photo

Ameria, 29 - known in Thailand as "Amy Maema" - is a model, actress and former Miss Teen Thailand. 

She was given a suspended three month jail term for drug use. 

Her boyfriend got 25 years for selling but she got off more serious charges. 

Now she has gone into a nunnery in Prajinburi for an unspecified period as atonement for the trouble caused to her parents Hannas and Lamduan. 

6pm.jpg

Picture:  Manager online

"Graap" is to put one's head to the floor at the feet of a living person or image and is considered a highly respectful gesture in Thai culture. 

Ameria was born in Phuket and turns 30 on October 10th. She won the Miss Teen title in 2006. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-28

33 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Do you have a daughter? i thought so.

Sure, only someone with daughters would know what it is that makes a father stand by while a seedy photographer takes pics of their school child daughter wearing nothing but a thong, makes perfect sense.