Bennelli - thoughts ?

CharlieH

What are the thoughts on Bennelli bikes ?

good, bad, avoid ?

I have been looking at the TNT300 and it seems a solid bike and good value @139k with 3yr warranty, free insurance (1st yr)

Thoughts please ?

Benelli-TNT300-New-Colors.png

Benelli-TNT300-Spec.png

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Such as ? (comparatively speaking)

IMO CB300R icon engineering finish, more toque, ECU controlled FI, Better front brake, ABS OEM. 53 kgs lighter, Higher fuel mileage, Cheaper price but not sure about Thailand.

Benelli is top shelf. It's one of the oldest Italian bike manufacturers. You can't really go wrong with an Italian bike. They're known to put great vehicles together. And it's impossible to compare it with that idiotic single cylinder Honda. 

On a side note i travel all the time and therefore use a different bike regularly. I have ridden the bike in question several times and it's very good. It's smooth. It sounds very nice. The upright position is really comfortable. It's excellent value. The design is the typical cool looks, the 600 looks even better. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Such as ? (comparatively speaking)

Tend to agree with Kwasaki .. Honda build quality and reliability is second to none .. Benelli's like most Italian bikes ( and cars 'n trucks ) have improved over the bad old days but if I wanted absolute assurance it would be everyday reliable it would be the Honda ..

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

Benelli is top shelf. It's one of the oldest Italian bike manufacturers. You can't really go wrong with an Italian bike. They're known to put great vehicles together. And it's impossible to compare it with that idiotic single cylinder Honda. 

On a side note i travel all the time and therefore use a different bike regularly. I have ridden the bike in question several times and it's very good. It's smooth. It sounds very nice. The upright position is really comfortable. It's excellent value. The design is the typical cool looks, the 600 looks even better. 

We can agree to disagree and yeah the Chinese partnership kept them alive and people like them but I prefer the Kwacka twin over Benelli's the OP should just get to ride the Benelli if he likes it, the only way to see what you like is what you personally want.

Chinese owned, Italian name & design.

IMO the motorcycling version that MG is in the car world. Great design, great name, look decent in the flesh, but...................

Having said that, i've been in the local dealers and i was impressed with fit & finish and what you get for your money.

Forks & front calipers look like they've come off a bike twice the size.

I would only be worried when things go wrong (ECU, sensors etc) or if you need unusual parts (ECU, sensors etc)....

• Like 2

What about the z300 or z250 if you're low on budget ?

Just make sure you don't buy the 250SL (single cylinder) version.

They have pretty good performances for what it is, a bit more expensive that Benelli but they have been around longer and i haven't heard bad things about it.